PDA

View Full Version : Little Rock resevoir info. needed

fishfinder
05-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Has any-one been to the lake lately? was wondering if they are letting boats on the lake again. last i heard they were not. unless you rent one there. Was thinking of going there for some bluegils as soon as it warms up.

reservoir dog
05-31-2011, 08:23 PM
I've only fished from the shore there but after speaking with other anglers I was told that no boats are allowed other than the boats they rent. Definitely not worth renting because they troll very very very slow.

fish-o-haulic
05-31-2011, 10:04 PM
i have thot about fishing there but never have, even though i live like 20mins away. what kinda of fish are there. i know trout, but any catfish or anykind of bass.

fishfinder
05-31-2011, 10:13 PM
i have thot about fishing there but never have, even though i live like 20mins away. what kinda of fish are there. i know trout, but any catfish or anykind of bass.

this is all i could come up with.
http://fishingnetwork.net/socal/ltlrckres.htm

http://www.littlerockdam.org/index.html

also i read somewhere online tonight, but cant find it again, that there is rainbow trout, brown trout, bass, bluegill, bullheads, and carp in the lake

dockboy
06-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Unless they have started to stock it again, its not worth it IMO. It has bass, and I've seen a few good fish here and there. But it was a decent trout fishery, until the stocking law suit. Don't know about browns, could be seeing LRC runs year round. Plenty of carp and bullheads too. Until they get approved for some type of stocking, its not worth paying the entrance fee. Hopefully they do get to go with private stock, if the store does a decent job unlike the state and cleans up a bit it will be a fun fishery again.

reservoir dog
06-01-2011, 08:44 AM
This place hasn't been stocked in awhile so be prepared to be skunked. They do stock trout or used to. Last time I was there I saw some LMB swimming around and of course the infamous gold fish that lurks around from time to time. Other than that I haven't seen anything else. Probably not worth your time or your $5 entry fee unless you hear of a stocking.

vanillagurilla
06-01-2011, 08:59 AM
entry fee? it used to be free when i went there a few years ago.

tpfishnfool
06-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Dont bother. Place should and could be great, but no trout plants and only a few crappy rentals available.
There are bass, cats, gills and carp but not worth the entry and your really limited to the west side lake shoreline unless you want to dump $$ on a rental. One good note. Since they went entry fee, the Gang element has been reduced.....

fishfinder
06-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Dont bother. Place should and could be great, but no trout plants and only a few crappy rentals available.
There are bass, cats, gills and carp but not worth the entry and your really limited to the west side lake shoreline unless you want to dump $$ on a rental. One good note. Since they went entry fee, the Gang element has been reduced.....
i want some gills. is there any chance of getting a limit of gills out of that place from shore?

wackyrigged
06-07-2011, 10:52 AM
i want some gills. is there any chance of getting a limit of gills out of that place from shore?

nope no fish there mainly a place to take your 4x4 and sling a little mud.

catchaser
06-07-2011, 10:58 AM
go to elizabeth lake the crappie are biting