PDA

View Full Version : silverwood memorial day 2011

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Have to start off with the great weather we had all day, 79 degrees little to no wind pretty much all day. Got to a spot behind a swim beach on cleghorn i believe, put all out lines out and within about 20 min a few people of the hispanic culture(lol not racist) showed up and started fishing by us next thing i know there were about 12 of them and then the boom box came out and it was time for me to move on. Drive around to lot 5 do some hiking through shrubs to get to the water in cleghorn canyon, put my first pole out with pink lemonade powerbait and got a nice trout within 5 min. About an hour later some other spaniards fished by us really intruding on our spot, i mean come on if i see someone that has a spot i leave him be fishing etiquette right? a guy was 3 feet away from me and they were using sticks with fishing line and a bobber. luckily they left and some kids came and fished by my brother, well i call him over to show him something and the kids took off with our rod holders and my bro chased them down and got them back. My gf had a kayak and went to the shallowest part of cleghorn about 4 feet of water and no joke there are massive bass swimming around the chillin. We hiked around to get there on shore and i threw everything i had at them jigs, spinners, senko, NC (which almost worked they were nibbling it) funny thing is you can watch they chase they bait but wouldnt bite, tried for like an hour and a half. Then a group of spaniards came around yelling and they were getting closer one of them said something in spanish came and opened my ice chest, we were like hey what the hell. left about 5pm beautiful weather, huge fish that wont bite lol, and some whacko weirdo people. Will be going back to that spot to try for those bass again.

tight lines

tacklejunkie
05-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Lol sounds about right.
You forgot the rock throwers.
Better luck next trip.

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 05:52 PM
oh man your right lol and the swimmers that HAVE to swim by my lines lol

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 06:05 PM
anybody know about that spot at the end of cleghorn with the monster bass? and why they werent biting anything? just chasing. If anyone goes back there its about 3-4 feet of water crystal clear and they just hang out just cruising around and never leave there

kerryvbc1
05-31-2011, 06:47 PM
YA! Those little rock throwers! I've had my share at silverwood.:Twisted:

Airona124
05-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Were the water is going into cleghorn yes quite a few bass there cruising maybe 6 to 7 chasing each other

Try using a craw or something similar my bro and I caught about 3 from in that area and released

Wierd people that sucks I would of said something for sure

Greg Springman
05-31-2011, 07:18 PM
I have been bass fishing at Sliverwood, on my bass boat the last two Saturdays. The bite has been great until around 10 am, then the bite gets tough. Each day I've caught 4 to 6 LMB, then its like a switch was turned off. You will get a bite here and there after 10 am, but you need to be on top of you line.....ready!

As for the bass hang'n out, I believe it post spawn, and a lot of males are gaurding the beds. The females are nearby, but not on guard. The males are active in the morning....feeding. All the bass I have caught are around 2 to 3 lbers. I have seen some larger, but you can hit them on the head with your bait and they just move away. You can hook'n, but it takes time and you need to be on top of them and really piss'm off!

TheAsianGuy
05-31-2011, 09:37 PM
People invade into your circle of comfort, just make sure they see your mounted hunting knives. Been there, done that, and make a statement as they see the shimmering of the long 6.5" blade. Those who saw it, understood its mean, always gave me a thumb up. Must be ex-marines and hunters.

a321eric
05-31-2011, 09:47 PM
This reminds of when I was at Lake Gregory on Saturday, this asian guy had the whole lake and decides to set up next me and pull out 5 fishing poles set up for carp and casts it 20 miles across the lake, crossing where i was casting. Urghhh no etiquette at all.

But as far as the bass, ive been trying on them in that exact same spot, they wont hit anything. If they are chasing shad I would definitely use scent. Try an underspin or one the 2.5 inch bbz baby spro.

TheAsianGuy
05-31-2011, 10:00 PM
This reminds of when I was at Lake Gregory on Saturday, this asian guy had the whole lake and decides to set up next me and pull out 5 fishing poles set up for carp and casts it 20 miles across the lake, crossing where i was casting. Urghhh no etiquette at all.

Definitely not this asian guy.. :LOL: Don't hunt for carps..just trouts, and cats at Gregory.

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 10:01 PM
lol ill bring a machete, can be used to chop branches too. a321 ill try that next time, probably in a couple weeks, but yeah like greg said i hit one with a rapala and they nibbled my NC maybe i should have cranked the rod at that very moment that was my closest chance of getting one

Sublime-Steve
05-31-2011, 10:29 PM
spaniards??.... lol from spain eh? get ur **** straight..

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 10:35 PM
ok mexicans

flytyingreloader
05-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Slobs, in any event. That's why I bought a boat, to get away from that sort of idjit.

mora
05-31-2011, 10:46 PM
People invade into your circle of comfort, just make sure they see your mounted hunting knives. Been there, done that, and make a statement as they see the shimmering of the long 6.5" blade. Those who saw it, understood its mean, always gave me a thumb up. Must be ex-marines and hunters.

and do you think they dont have some machetes also. and besides you go there to have some fishing fun i was there w/my 5 years old son.i just have a bite but i tried.i started at the marina and then 2 guys i wont say there race but they show up w/ a buch of rods like 7 and i have to move no respect for the other people.i dont know how often the fish and game do there check ups.but 7 it's to much.

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 10:51 PM
same with me and then the kids swimming around you, the boombox blaring, rock throwing all the fun stuff lol, i saw a nice spot i was gonna try at black oak, never been up that path before, saw a nice cove down there but wait i saw a guy set up there, it wouldnt be right for me to go down and set up by him and screw everything up for him so i just searched for some other spots. does anyone know how to fish miller canyon like where the bike path is way in the back? from what i saw it looked like a long hike but wasnt sure if it led there, i was at the white water station where the road was closed, should i have gone down the road?

mora
05-31-2011, 10:51 PM
ok mexicans

this is starting to get racist.
and everybody have the right to go there it is a public lake.they paid the same to get there.some people dont behave but that does not mean all mexicans are like that.

fish-o-haulic
05-31-2011, 10:54 PM
im not racist and i have a lot of hispanic freinds, but i know what you mean. whenever im fishing if they come right next to me like set there poles right next to mine, and they bring there whole families and have like 3 poles for every person thats apart of there family set up next to mine. then when i move they follow me. i fished apollo park a month ago and whenever me and my grandpa moved they followed, we had to get a whole system to basically strategically move around the lake in order to get a spot that they wouldnt follow us to. Dont even get me started about fishing next to kids. And no offense to any hispanics on this forum but some of them are rude, and its generally the ghetto ones the ones that role up in 1980 cadillacs with tires and rims. I rather fish around getto black people instead the cause disturbances but there disturbances indirectly affect you, and im not just saying this cuz im black too. sorry to thread jack like this but evosamurii i feel your pain. shoot me a pm and we might go together next time. and its not all mexicans that do this because alot of them are nice and give me some of there fish sometimes. But ive met alot of nice shore fisherman in general. just some dont have respect for the sport not the people that participate in it.

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 10:59 PM
your right mora i am not a racist, maybe i shouldnt have said the race, but thats what they were...

fish-o-haulic
05-31-2011, 11:02 PM
evosamurii i know what you meant. all that stuff youve experienced ive experienced to. i dont mind them fishing its just that they get rite next to you and then turn out to be the ones that catch all the fish. and then some of the people that act like this cant even cast strait. ive been through crap like this before and just have to learn to deal sometimes. it aint worth my life if you catch my drift.

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 11:04 PM
yeah your right end up spending more time rigging than fishing when it gets like that

fish-o-haulic
05-31-2011, 11:05 PM
do you know why the guy went into your ice chest, and what age were the kids that stole your rod holders

mora
05-31-2011, 11:07 PM
i know what are you saying.when i started fishing.i used to go to hb pier and i saw the asian guys w/lots of fish and i asked them what they were using and they don't tell you sometimes they dont even answer to you.
and now wherever i go and if is a new fishing place for me i look for the asian guys where are they fishing and what are they using.it's like they are born w/the fishing gene or something.

i just want to say we have a passion in common and we are just.fisherman.so please people SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE it's that right.

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 11:09 PM
kids were like 13-14, and the group of peeps came up over a ridge yelling something in spanish ran straight to the cooler and grabbed the handle, then my girlfriend said excuse me, he said sorry sorry laughed and they all took off

fish-o-haulic
05-31-2011, 11:12 PM
oh i wouldve beat the crap out of teenagers for that jk jk lol but sriously i wouldve got them back some how. as for the people that grabbed the cooler its an inside joke, ive had it happen to me.

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 11:12 PM
ill tell people, hell i even give them stuff if they want it, i ran into some cool asians who told me what they use, their setup and everything and ill fish near them and they will clean house then offer me some fish, lol im like what the hell, red wristband= good luck

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 11:13 PM
lol no it wasnt an inside joke clearly

fish-o-haulic
05-31-2011, 11:14 PM
ya ive given people different stuff thts worked for me before and vise versa. i just cant stand people who hav no respect for others

evosamurai
05-31-2011, 11:15 PM
im out peeps got work in the morning nice talking with u all, take care

fish-o-haulic
05-31-2011, 11:17 PM
lol no it wasnt an inside joke clearly

no i mean like theyll start joking about something like joking about something that they would do to sombody else then like walk up to someone random and do it just to get a reaction that they laugh at later.

sshernandez
05-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Wow!!!!! Thats all I can say..

Hooked Up
06-01-2011, 12:55 AM
That is why I do not go fishing on holiday weekends! To crowded. To many Numb skulls! Lack of "fishing courtesy" is not uncommon! I do not want to get started about people like that! But I think many of us have experienced this at one time or another? :(

Wallco1
06-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Say what you mean and mean what you say. Screw these bleading hart liberals. If it stinks say it stinks.

Sublime-Steve
06-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Lake perris was just as bad... if not worse..Left a cooler infront of my front door 1 time... mexican neighbors had a party the same night.. dogs woke me up barking @ 2 am so i look out front n some drunk dude is looking in my cooler.. I opened the door and asked what he was doing... he said " looking for beer" srry man theres none in there.. he says thank you and leaves LOL

seal
06-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Well now that everybody knows excactly where some LMB's are located I'm sure they will be there for you next time.

Someone mentioned "post spawn" actually this same cylce happened about 6 weeks ago or so when weather warmed up temporarily, fish were milling about and not to interested in biting anything. It ended up being "pre-spawn" so actually I'm thinking a second spawn might be near, very common at Silverwood this time of the year and with the weather it may have slowed down the process.

Oh and going on Memorial Day into Cleghorn to fish is just not going to be a pleasant experience, worse day of the year I think to fish Silverwood and probably most other lakes.

christainmetalhead909
06-01-2011, 09:30 AM
i agree with asian guy just have a big lifeknife on your belt haha, dont let them punk you like that stealing your pole holders and going through your ice chest i woulda beat some ***** but at the same time there were more of them haha. next time rent a boat i guess.

TheAsianGuy
06-01-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm a full Asian mix, so, I can truly say that Asian won't give out their secrets when it comes to fishing. Asian pride? But, they can be jacka$$es when it comes friendly conversations and space invasion, even among themselves. However, when it comes to other people's things, they know not to mess around. I have my share of people just opening up my things and grabbing without permission. That's why I know well enough to display my warning quite visually. However, what I display, I know how to use effectively. Anyone holding a gun or a larger knife against better be ready to have a bit of fun. I will loose face to everyone in my old divisions if I loose to gang bangers and "idjits".

Greg Springman
06-02-2011, 09:16 PM
This is why I love Southern California! The tidal wave is upon us!

dirtstyles1
06-05-2011, 09:40 PM
also was there on memorial day sorry for late report. parked in black oak hiked in to millers with the tube started off at 730am for bass no love and then trout no love again got off tube at 11am and decided to shore fish threw out trout powerbait garlic got hit with in 30mins noticed it wasnt fighting like a trout came to surface ended up being a nice catfish about 3lb hooked up other rod with anchovies got hit 2 more times before 1 for each around 5lbs nice fight ended the day with 3 cats for the hike back to the truck. on holidays i always make a hike so im away from the crowds nobody around me weather was nice. also liked when i left they had a chp/sheriffs driver license/dui check point at vista look out lol saw alot of people getting busted. will post pictures

scott e
06-06-2011, 07:34 AM
I'm surprise they actually were using sticks with bobbers, usually it's a beer can (bud) with line and a weight. They weren't trying to whip lizzards with coat hangers?

evosamurai
06-07-2011, 09:11 PM
dirtstyles do u have a green tube and drive and F150?

dirtstyles1
06-10-2011, 11:46 PM
yup sure do

evosamurai
06-14-2011, 11:21 PM
oh sweet i caught a glimpse of you as you were walking up the road i parked by the tackle shop and walked a kayak all the way up the trail up to where u were that was tiring, only to find out you can park up there lol. i wanted to fish miller but wasnt sure how to get there, did u just follow that closed road all the way down?

dirtstyles1
06-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Ya I took the trail all the way over to a little beach area right in the middle of the cove is a big boulder about 30ft from the shore line for some reason I always catch cats there

evosamurai
06-16-2011, 08:56 PM
what do u use for the cats?

dirtstyles1
06-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Got the first one on garlic trout power bait last two came in on cut anchovies sorry for the last response just got back from bishop