PDA

View Full Version : Fishfinder on Pontoon Boat

BassHolic
05-30-2011, 09:53 PM
I got a pontoon boat (two banana shape floater type) and got a portable fish finder. Can someone offer good solutions on how to make the traducer/suction cup to stay on the tube as the suction cup detaches itself / falls off the tube regularly and it is very bothersome. Is there any solution to it?

Also I heard that some sort of PVC mounting bracket can be built to eliminate the usage of suction cup and if you have construction diagram for it that would be much appreciated.

Tight Lines

Ronira
06-04-2011, 06:56 AM
If you remove the suction cup and mount the transducer to a small plate or bracket you can then make a PVC pipe downtube that attaches to your pontoon frame. Lot's of old threads with pics of various contraptions that will give you some ideas. I haven't been on the site for awhile but I know some of Socal Bassman's threads have some good photos of pvc pipe mounting for your finder. Good luck. Ron

BassHolic
06-07-2011, 03:06 PM
If you remove the suction cup and mount the transducer to a small plate or bracket you can then make a PVC pipe downtube that attaches to your pontoon frame. Lot's of old threads with pics of various contraptions that will give you some ideas. I haven't been on the site for awhile but I know some of Socal Bassman's threads have some good photos of pvc pipe mounting for your finder. Good luck. Ron

Thanks so much for your reference to Socal Bassman's old thread, now I got a direction on how to start making stuff with PVC pipes and stuff. I got a pontoon just like yours on your photo and by any chance do you have a potable fishfinder mounted on to it?

Ronira
06-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks so much for your reference to Socal Bassman's old thread, now I got a direction on how to start making stuff with PVC pipes and stuff. I got a pontoon just like yours on your photo and by any chance do you have a potable fishfinder mounted on to it?
Glad it helped BassHolic, I do have a finder but it's an old Bottom Line fishing buddy type. The transducer and display screen are connected by a 2 inch diameter shaft and it slides into a hardmount attached to my standing deck. Had my toon for awhile.