PDA

View Full Version : Bishop KILLING!!!! 5/26-5/29

Trout 1
05-30-2011, 07:05 PM
26th: So we leave the house around 7:30am on the 26th. We arrive in bishop at 12pm we made a few stops on the way. Check in the motel, then head up Line St. Get to Intake II around 3pm, fish for about 2 hours, end up with 25 fish, all DFG's. 5 caught on Avocado Drew's Customs, all the rest were on Golden Salmon Egg Drews Customs.

The goal for the weekend was to test out some new colors and catch fish. Well the first day the goal was going well, both new colors caught fish.

27th: We went back to Intake II, (Intake II and Sabrina are the main spots right now, since they are most accessible.) Anyways, Friday again was red hot fishing!!! and once again, Golden Salmon Egg Drew's Custom was the color. I caught around 65 fish, and the Alpers truck pulled up! They tossed in about 40 fish. only a few were caught. I did end up catching another 20 DFG's. The wind was VERY intense all day. We were there from 8-3:30. I caught approx. 85 fish. We left there and headed up towards south lake. still closed. I did stop by and talked to Ron at Creekside RV park. My baits are now in his store! That's the first store I got my product into. After that we called it a day.

28th: Woke up, headed to Convict, the wind was terrible!!!!!!!!!!!! I was trying to cast and my worm would land 5ft behind me hahaha!! So we rolled out. Went up to Rock Creek. Lake has open water but you have to hike to it. My uncle is unable to hike so we just went back down to bishop. Fished the Owens for some, like 6 each. We then headed up to Sabrina, did pretty good there, caught 20 in about 3hrs. We then called it a day.

29th: Got up to see it rained all night and snowed in the Mts. so we grabed breakfast and headed out, the wind was terrible STILL!!!!!!!! We stoped in Lone Pine for about 1hr and a half, I caught around 30, these came on the new Pearl White Drew's Customs. After that we headed home

The Golden Salmon Egg Drew's Customs was hot for sure, and the Pearl White was right behind it!!! It would have been a lot better trip if the weather wasnt so bad. Also the Nightcrawler scented Drew's were catching more the the garlic flavor this weekend!

EDIT!!!!!: All fish were safely C&R expect for 5 i brought home, and Drew's Custom Baits are trout worms!

Thanks
Drew

paintsn
05-30-2011, 08:43 PM
hahah... yeah May 28th at Convict was no joke, i stood like 5-10 feet away from the water and still the lake managed to soak me..

glad to see your report, you caught over 100K times more fish than i did, guess im just a noob. but i did caught fish though.. The Owens was great for me and the kids.. saw one trout that was atleast a 2lb plus, and i was surprised.

man i gotta learn what you be using to catch all those fish!! cant wait to go back up there again in a few months.

PESCADO1970
05-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Going to convict in 2 weeks. Where do u get The drew custom bait

Frequent Flyer
05-30-2011, 10:53 PM
good job freakin poacher lol

6two6fishing
05-30-2011, 10:58 PM
job well done trout 1...cant wait im headed up there this weekend

jim532
05-31-2011, 07:36 AM
thanks for the report, I'll be up there Thurday morning. I might have to stop by Creekside and pickup some these "custom baits" and put them to the test.

Scotto
05-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the report. Where were you fishing in Lone Pine? The settlement pond? Up on the creek?

Viejo
05-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Sounds like your product must work. Since you must C&R most of the over a hundred of fish you caught over two days....what is the method you use to insure survival of the fish before releasing them? My understanding was the that fish taking eggs took the treble hook to deeply to remove without damage. Are you using a hook removal tool and if so, which one? Thanks

John Harper
05-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Hopefully, most of the trout survived. If they swallowed your baits, I'd be skeptical of their survival.

You at least use barbless hooks, right?

John

bsp
05-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Drew's custom baits are soft plastic trout worms, not actual bait. Golden salmon egg is just a color. Fish tend to be lip hooked when you fish plastic trout worms since you use a single hook and set it as soon as you feel a strike. Easy hook removal with a pair of pliers and the trout goes back happily.

Drew, great job out there! I have a Sierra trip in two months, so I'll be hitting you up soon to get some. Can you color match worms if I've got some existing custom colors (lost contact with the guy that made them) that I'd like to duplicate?

Joshua
05-31-2011, 01:09 PM
I'll be staying at Creekside this week. I will have to check out the latest and greatest plastic on the market. Fisherman will buy anything. I was skeptical of trout worms when they came out, Now I always have some in my tackle bag

Trout 1
05-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Sounds like your product must work. Since you must C&R most of the over a hundred of fish you caught over two days....what is the method you use to insure survival of the fish before releasing them? My understanding was the that fish taking eggs took the treble hook to deeply to remove without damage. Are you using a hook removal tool and if so, which one? Thanks

Im sorry, I forgot to mention that my baits are all plastic trout worms!!!!!! All fish were lip hooked and safely released, expect 5 I brought home. I use hemastats. I was using the splitshot rig with a #14 owner.

Thanks
Drew

Trout 1
05-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Hopefully, most of the trout survived. If they swallowed your baits, I'd be skeptical of their survival.

You at least use barbless hooks, right?

John

I forgot to mention, my baits are plastic trout worms, sorry for the mis understanding. "Golden Salmon Egg" is just the name of one of my colors.

Thanks
Drew

Trout 1
05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
I'll be staying at Creekside this week. I will have to check out the latest and greatest plastic on the market. Fisherman will buy anything. I was skeptical of trout worms when they came out, Now I always have some in my tackle bag

Cool thanks buddy!

Drew

billy b
06-01-2011, 11:00 AM
#14 owner? I've always heard the debate was between an 8 or 10. WOW! And you had a smaller split shot 2-3 feet above the worm?

Trout 1
06-01-2011, 02:29 PM
#14 owner? I've always heard the debate was between an 8 or 10. WOW! And you had a smaller split shot 2-3 feet above the worm?

Yeah, I ran a smaller hook, its a little harder to set the hook. Dont go any bigger than a 10. and yes 2 foot leader, but is lone pine I was running a 1ft leader.

Thanks
Drew

Big B
06-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey Drew,
Do you have a website? Where can I get some of your custom worms?
B

Trout 1
06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey Drew,
Do you have a website? Where can I get some of your custom worms?
B

Yes i do, PM sent!

FSHNLIC
06-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Great job out there!!! I was gonna head up Memorial Day Weekend myself with my boys but the wind scared me off.... Your worms are great POM let me use some and I really liked em!!! Keep it up!!! and Keep chasing Tail!!!

sierraslam
06-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Wow! that's a lot of trout. I think if you do the math, you caught a fish about every 4 - 5 minutes, all weekend long. You didn't even have time for a beer while you were fishing. Those trout just kept coming. I can say I've never come close to that. I can only count to 50 though. Heck of a trip! good fishin!

Karyn
06-02-2011, 07:21 PM
hahah... yeah May 28th at Convict was no joke, i stood like 5-10 feet away from the water and still the lake managed to soak me..

glad to see your report, you caught over 100K times more fish than i did, guess im just a noob. but i did caught fish though.. The Owens was great for me and the kids.. saw one trout that was atleast a 2lb plus, and i was surprised.

man i gotta learn what you be using to catch all those fish!! cant wait to go back up there again in a few months.

Drew Custom bait name should be changed to Drew's Magic Custom Bait

Karyn
06-04-2011, 08:39 AM
I went to BBL last night and caught 4 real quick on the worms. The hooks are sosososos so small- and I did not think they would work, but I was WRONG! I started out at Green Valley Lake, but there was no signage in where I needed to go to pay- I got frustrated, so I left. NOW- DO NOT LAUGH!! but I did not know that there were bass worms and trout worms. I am still learning. If anyone has time and wants to teach me- I am a good learner! I did learn ALOT from Drew.

Crawler
06-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Way to go Drew. Post your website up so we can try these things out. :Envious:

Oh, and pics or it didnt happen. :LOL:

phishin phool
06-05-2011, 07:31 AM
I went to BBL last night and caught 4 real quick on the worms. The hooks are sosososos so small- and I did not think they would work, but I was WRONG! I started out at Green Valley Lake, but there was no signage in where I needed to go to pay- I got frustrated, so I left. NOW- DO NOT LAUGH!! but I did not know that there were bass worms and trout worms. I am still learning. If anyone has time and wants to teach me- I am a good learner! I did learn ALOT from Drew.
When fishing Green Valley Lake, just find a spot and fish, the lake managers or an employee will walk aroung the lake and collect $15 and give you a sticker to wear.

Crawler
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Google is my friend! I will be ordering some of these worms soon. Cant wait to try them. I have had pretty good luck with powerworms, but I would rather support the local little guy so long as they work! They look like they will do the job. :Cool:

http://www.drewscustombaits.com/

gavin310
06-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Google is my friend! I will be ordering some of these worms soon. Cant wait to try them. I have had pretty good luck with powerworms, but I would rather support the local little guy so long as they work! They look like they will do the job. :Cool:

http://www.drewscustombaits.com/

Thatta boy Chris ;) We gotta fish together again soon. I'm moving out of the country on September 1st.

Greg Madrigal
07-01-2011, 01:29 PM
LOL! I thought you witnessed a murder!

Nice job on slaying the TROUT! LOL!

GM
Sierr-Nets.com

phishin phool
07-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Dam Drew that is some amazing fishing.........congrats on the new colors killin it, you released 150+ fish......crazy. I hope its still good when I get up there in a couple weeks. I will be hittin you up for some worms soon. I like what crawler said about supporting the the little guy. ttyl.