PDA

View Full Version : Recon with Top Secret Weapon

Which Way Out
05-30-2011, 03:35 PM
NSW-01 REVILED TODAY AT POST#23 JUNE 3rd

Hit the surf at O930 Monday with Q3fishboy aka Roy.

Roy wanted to test a new Northern Zone secret weapon on the local enemy. It's been in his research lab for the past 2 days under tight security.

Like I said above we entered the chilly waters at 0930 and worked the enemies backs up against the wall. Then Roy unleashed the new Top Secret weapon. The body count was unheard of. :Shocked:
To get good data on the effectiveness of the New Top Secret weapon I employed the standard LC with experienced battle scars. With it I was able to keep the enemy confused (myself as well) as Roy put a hurt on the largest school of enemy shovelnose to be found here. One after the other he's bagging em and tagging em.
Then I said Roy! One tried to escape, (it hit my foot) and he zero's in on the target with the New Top Secret weapon for which it was designed. Hooked up on the attempted escapee. Quickly subdued and slid him up on the beach.
We I D the enemy as a scout and gave him a message to go back and get reinforcements...:Wink:
All told Roy's New Top Secret weapon scored over a dozen SN, 1- 21" HB and last but not least a 1 inch Sandab. Coolest little fish I've ever seen.

Photo of released Scout.
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/0530011134_0001.jpg
Sorry the Photo does not show the New Top Secret weapon, it's still in the development stages and would only cause mass panic upon the general fishing public.:Rolls Eyes:

smokehound
05-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Black Salties? :LOL:

Nice job on the hali.

Wingnut
05-30-2011, 05:18 PM
I expect a full detailed report on the "Top Secret" weapon on my desk tomorrow morning. :LOL: Bill, you know nothing gets past S.W.A.T. Central Command. Any modifications to the standard S.W.A.T. issued LC ordinance without prior approval is strictly probihited. :Wink: :Big Smile:
Well done Bill & Roy, I'm glad that the wind finally laid down enough up there for your recon session. :Big Grin:

Jaysuuun
05-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Is it an LC with a laser beam attached to its head!? :LOL:

Congrats on the successful recon mission and test run of the new weapon.

exfactor
05-30-2011, 11:03 PM
the new viet-latino-punkrock LC? I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!

jerryG
05-31-2011, 01:11 AM
Way to go guys.. So was it the VL Coastal Punk Rocker Series or the Banjo Minnow.. I will say no more.. Don't want to slip on guessing and release any information which may otherwise be classified.. Well done guys..

Jerryg

DockRat
05-31-2011, 06:28 AM
WTG with the new Secret Weapon.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g20/PureCountryGirl_2006/Gun.jpg
DR

Which Way Out
05-31-2011, 07:20 AM
DR

Well no tips yet on the New Secret weapon however if mine shot well underwater you would be close :Wink:

BabyKiller
05-31-2011, 08:23 AM
good stuff wwo. you were the closest of all of us on the halibut this last weekend.

JapanRon
05-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi Which Way Out,

Await the unveiling.

JapanRon

sidified
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Sounds like you had a great time, though I guess I can get by without knowing the Shovelnose Candy Secret...Then again, if I was being teased with a hali secret that produced like that....well, you wouldn't want to see a grown man beg.

bones
05-31-2011, 04:57 PM
MMMMM....Stop draging a sabiki rig all over the harbor boyz. Geeeeez ........ Let the enemy suffer a bit before you nuke em !

murrieta angler
06-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Well done out there to the both of you..:Smile:
You definately have peeked my interest with the secret arsenal...:Confused:
Keep up the good work you guys,
Robert
<><

Which Way Out
06-01-2011, 05:27 PM
UPDATE!!!

Well, Roy has told me he still needs to do a bit more magic on the New Secret Weapon aka NSW-01. Also a battery of testing to be sure its fail safe.

And as we all know things Can go wrong when testing a new super secret weapon. A malfunction of a weight transfer system, contaminated fuel rods, aero deficiencies, tether requirements and many more likely failures could prove disastrous if placed in untrained hands.
Once Certified for operational field use, directions will be given on how to create a DIY weapon of your own. That is if you can get your hands on the required materials. This will be one of the hardest things you will EVER have to do.:Crying:

Stay Tuned for further developments..:Wink:

exfactor
06-01-2011, 06:00 PM
the tease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are batteries included?

bones
06-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Does it need to be lubricated to slay a BUTT :ROFL:

Tesserz
06-01-2011, 09:49 PM

:Shocked:

:LOL:

Jaysuuun
06-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Does it have an adjustable speed setting depending on the mood of the BUTT? :Shocked: :ROFL:

Wingnut
06-01-2011, 10:11 PM
You guys are killing me... :LOL: :Big Smile:

klocked
06-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Does it have an adjustable speed setting depending on the mood of the BUTT? :Shocked: :ROFL:

OMG!!!!!!!
check you out!!!
hahaha! good 1 Jason!

Hometown
06-01-2011, 10:58 PM
So does it catch butts or shovell nose sharks

Which Way Out
06-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Black Salties? :LOL:

Nice job on the hali.

Thanks should go to Roy, all I did was snap the photo.
No Black Salties sorry.

I expect a full detailed report on the "Top Secret" weapon on my desk tomorrow morning. :LOL: Bill, you know nothing gets past S.W.A.T. Central Command. Any modifications to the standard S.W.A.T. issued LC ordinance without prior approval is strictly probihited. :Wink: :Big Smile:
Well done Bill & Roy, I'm glad that the wind finally laid down enough up there for your recon session. :Big Grin:
Your report was a lot of fun to write. Glad you enjoyed it.:Secret:

Is it an LC with a laser beam attached to its head!? :LOL:

Congrats on the successful recon mission and test run of the new weapon.

Laser Beams were considered, but when tested with Argon lasers it threw the delicate balance off and would shoot Laser beams in all directions blinding the test crew. Kinda like a disco ball...:whistle:

the new viet-latino-punkrock LC? I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!

Mikey your so close to it that, I think you were spying somehow.:Envious:

Way to go guys.. So was it the VL Coastal Punk Rocker Series or the Banjo Minnow.. I will say no more.. Don't want to slip on guessing and release any information which may otherwise be classified.. Well done guys..

Jerryg

Lots of the technology came from the Banjo minnow in the first quick test. All of which proved to be useless and scraped. Roy knew he had to take quantum leap to get it right and the early test results show promise.

DR

Your Photo only shows the extent of what might be in our Security Division. Top Secret Weapons need top security 24/7.:LOL::Death2Above::Beat Stick::Flamethrower:

good stuff wwo. you were the closest of all of us on the halibut this last weekend.

Yes I was close enough to take the photo. All credit should go to Roy for his hard work on the project and the determination to get er done.

Hi Which Way Out,

Await the unveiling.

JapanRon

Soon very soon...:Cool:

Sounds like you had a great time, though I guess I can get by without knowing the Shovelnose Candy Secret...Then again, if I was being teased with a hali secret that produced like that....well, you wouldn't want to see a grown man beg.

Ah Sid no begging required, just simple patience will do. I liken it to fishing. The bait is in the water and now we wait to see who bites.:LOL::Fishing Hole:

MMMMM....Stop draging a sabiki rig all over the harbor boyz. Geeeeez ........ Let the enemy suffer a bit before you nuke em !

Dude! Do you know how hard it is to cast a sabiki ? I do, it sucks..:ROFL:

Well done out there to the both of you..:Smile:
You definately have peeked my interest with the secret arsenal...:Confused:
Keep up the good work you guys,
Robert
<><

Working for the weekend Robert, that's what it's all about.:Cool:

the tease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are batteries included?

No batteries needed. Power rods are a must.:Wink:

:ROFL::ROFL:

:Shocked:

:LOL:
Yea I liked that too

:Big Smile:

You guys are killing me... :LOL: :Big Smile:

Right on schedule.:Wink:

OMG!!!!!!!
check you out!!!
hahaha! good 1 Jason!

Yea that's a good one.

So does it catch butts or shovell nose sharks

Hummmmmm Bait in the Water,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:Neutral::whi stle:

Which Way Out
06-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Well Folks here it is the one and only NSW-01.
Final testing was done yesterday on the northern reaches of the testing zone, with a near miss.
Testing conditions were never optimal the past few days. Water temps very low, swells high and winds that should be in the records books for this time of year.

Now don't pre judge the NSW-01 until you have the chance to DIY one and show your catches. The NSW-01 is based on sound technology that has a proven record.
Roy will post the required steps and equipment necessary to create your own NSW-01 shortly so check back soon for that.
Once you have created your own Please list it as NSW-0? with your latest catch.

So here it is.........................

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/0602011148c_0001.jpg
Side
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/NewImage.jpg

The most significant item is that there are no EYES. Testing has shown that Target fish can't resist taking on a defenseless bait fish. Ah-kin to He didn't even see it coming...:Rolls Eyes:
Good Luck to everyone and remember to Post your version of the NSW-? whenever you can.

Thanks for playing along, it's not like the fish are biting anyway.:Wink:

PS It looks better on the computer then in person.

exfactor
06-03-2011, 01:22 PM
I had one that I did to look like a hot greenie sardine, and failed to convert on it. Same deal, bad conditions, poor vis, and big sets. then, it walked away a couple of weeks ago. kind of fun messing with the marker pens.

lovefofish
06-03-2011, 03:56 PM
nice fish !

sidified
06-03-2011, 10:13 PM
12:45pm
I'm so excited about this new design!

1:30pm
I have over 20 Metallic LC 110s (mostly new), and just finished plucking the eyes off all of them!...

1:45pm
Couldn't wait to start painting. Luckily, I hadn't thrown out what I used on the shed back in '97.

2:15pm
Couldn't stir out all the lumps and crud but I think of it as texture.

3:30pm
Found dipping them in the bucket was fastest, drying them with a hair dryer, dipping again in a bowl of Gorilla Glue and baking in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes (thought about broiling them for 10 minutes...duh). I may have been too hasty in not removing the hooks...

All in all, I'm satisfied with the way things turned out. Sure, there are some things I might've done different.
I mean like, are the colors you used, and the spots and smiley mouth and such....all that crucial?? Now, maybe I was somewhat blinded by how great the color I used looks on the shed....still, I know 20 or so beige LCs is a lot of beige...and I'll be the first to admit it.

9:00
Well, fellas, truth be known, I'm little upset and a lot depressed over this whole shiddery I got myself into...been hitting the jug pretty decent. Figure to finish by grey-light.
Starting over tomorrow, though, now that I've thought this through. All out of paint remover, but I got those LCs soaking overnight in a dandy mixture of acetone, bleach and Liquid Plumber.

You can bet I'll be posting pics when I've finished with them!

Sid

Wingnut
06-03-2011, 11:59 PM

I have over 20 Metallic LC 110s (mostly new), and just finished plucking the eyes off all of them!...

Couldn't wait to start painting. Luckily, I hadn't thrown out what I used on the shed back in '97.

Found dipping them in the bucket was fastest, drying them with a hair dryer, dipping again in a bowl of Gorilla Glue and baking in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes (thought about broiling them for 10 minutes...duh). I may have been too hasty in not removing the hooks...

All in all, I'm satisfied with the way things turned out. Sure, there are some things I might've done different.
I mean like, are the colors you used, and the spots and smiley mouth and such....all that crucial?? Now, maybe I was somewhat blinded by how great the color I used looks on the shed....still, I know 20 or so beige LCs is a lot of beige...and I'll be the first to admit it.

Well, fellas, truth be known, I'm little upset and a lot depressed over this whole shiddery I got myself into...been hitting the jug pretty decent. Figure to finish by grey-light.
Starting over tomorrow, though, now that I've thought this through. All out of paint remover, but I got those LCs soaking overnight in a dandy mixture of acetone, bleach and Liquid Plumber.

Sid

:ROFL: Sid, go easy on the juice buddy, the weekend had just started. :ROFL:

DockRat
06-04-2011, 06:01 AM
:ROFL: Sid, go easy on the juice buddy, the weekend had just started. :ROFL:http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/tristan79/SMILIES/beer-21.gif

LMAO, ' Plucking the Eyes Off " ?

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/pixel-panther/More%20photos%20Yay/glassjarfullofeyeballtoys-2.jpg

q3fishboy
06-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Sorry guys. Been kind of busy lately and had limited computer access.

And Bill. I resent you saying it looks better in the pics than in person. Though it is probably true. Lol.

Anyways. For the useful information. I started with an old lc that had almost no paint left that I wanted to repaint so it would have more flash. I first removed the hooks and sanded off all of the remaining paint just to have a fresh start. After doing this I noticed that I had apparently cracked my lc at some point and that there was water and some rust in side of the lc. In my haste I kind of just ignored this and moved on. I think I got the idea from hearing about protecting the paint job on your lc using clear coats if nail polish but I went a got some cheap nail polish and just started painting, beginning with a full cover of the silvery color to try and add flash.

After finishing and trying it with Bill, this is what I noticed. The finish on the lc was definitely not smooth. Between this and it's thickness, as well as the water inside, the action was definitely affected. Not really sure which factor was responsible but it took a lot more effort and pull to get the lure to wobble and swim right. In addition, the lc now sunk rather than floated when not being retribed. I beleve this may have attributed to the large number of shovel nose snagged. To be honest, I would like to try fishing it some more but I think it most cases it will not work as well as the factory lc. I think a lot of what makes the lc so productive is it's suspending nature and wobbling action. However, I think this sinking attribute may be useful in certain aapplications like fishing a drop off or something when a normal lc would run too far off the bottom.

If I tried this again I would like to experiment with thinning the nail polish by mixing in acetone. I am hoping this would help with getting a thinner and smoother finish. I found the nail polish is actually kind if annoying to work with in the it very quickly necked dry enough that you cannot keep working with it but takes quite a long time to dry completely until you can touch it and not ruin it. As for the eyes. They were missing before I began. Didn't do that on purpose. Hope someone finds this useful.

Which Way Out
06-09-2011, 09:07 AM

Sid

Sid I can't wait to see what you come up with. With your literary prowess I can only imagine what the outcome will be.
Post soon with you catch.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/tristan79/SMILIES/beer-21.gif

LMAO, ' Plucking the Eyes Off " ?

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/pixel-panther/More%20photos%20Yay/glassjarfullofeyeballtoys-2.jpg

DR From the size of those eyes the LC would have to be 3 feet long. Your not holding out on us are you?