PDA

View Full Version : Lake Hemet Bluegill?

fishmounter
05-30-2011, 01:48 PM
I've heard that Hemet has some huge Bluegill in it. Does anyone have any info about this? I'm always looking for the pig 'Gill.

Mister Twister
05-30-2011, 03:24 PM
The marina is on a jetty forming a small bay.From what I have seen walking the shoreline there and seen caught in this area this is the pig gill spot.I never fished it but this is the spot.Info from the store and locals.I fish trout and bass there,didn't have time to check out the panfish.

pwynn
06-03-2011, 06:29 AM
I fish the lake almost every weekend. I dont target gills but I catch them sometimes trolling and they are good size. Not perris or skinner size but nice. When they dried up Anglers lake a couple years ago they moved the fish up there. I was told there were so really big gills and red ears.

el_chojin
06-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't target bluegills but I've only ever caught them near the dam. I wouldn't consider them pigs but they fought harder than any trout I caught at hemet.

The marina is on a jetty forming a small bay.From what I have seen walking the shoreline there and seen caught in this area this is the pig gill spot.I never fished it but this is the spot.Info from the store and locals.I fish trout and bass there,didn't have time to check out the panfish.

How's the bass fishing at hemet?