PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Lake, Bass

Kelster
05-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Got to the lake a little after 6:00 and in the water by 6:30. The water is extremely clear and still. Paddle around the lake, getting oriented and checking out potential spots. No love from the trout, not many being caught from the shore or other, tubers, yakers, or small boaters. Decided to kick around the weed line and drop shot a trout worm. I start to get short strikes and then finally a hook-up, six inch bass. I can see the bass holding about 6-8 feet below me. I just keep kicking along the grass line and land two more, biggest 7 inches. I saw a couple of big boys below my feet but no luck.
First time at this lake, nice little lake, got crowded later and I left at 1:30. I probably will go back and try trout or go back for some of the bigger bass.

Karyn
05-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Got to the lake a little after 6:00 and in the water by 6:30. The water is extremely clear and still. Paddle around the lake, getting oriented and checking out potential spots. I probably will go back and try trout or go back for some of the bigger bass.

What were you in? I was thinking about getting a little boat I can row around in- but I understand you have to walk your boat down some stairs at Jenks Lake? Plus your gear??? IDK? I've never been though,; maybe it's easier said than done or done than said??

Kelster
05-30-2011, 09:40 AM
I was in a float tube. There are some stairs but not really that bad. Two trips rods and some gear first then throw the tube on my back and take it down to the waters edge. Not really that far if you get there early enough and park close. There were a couple of small inflatable boats out there and a yak or two.

billy b
05-30-2011, 09:56 AM
TFisherman used to launch a boat ... and did quite well with the worms he made. Anybody know what happened to him? His web site is shut down, I believe.