PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood help!

lwang0202
05-28-2011, 08:35 PM
ive been to silverwood a couple times and never caught anything there! i used to fish here and there but really want to get into it. anybody that can give me some helpful tips? usually whenever i go fishing during the day, i never catch anything! pretty sad ;[. so if any pros or knowledgable fisherman out there that are willing to help, much help is appreciated. i usually fish from the shore and today i tried out chamise cove. not only was the hike a long hike but there were boats EVERYWHERE! and ppl that are jus there to party took all the spots that seemed good. someone please help :LOL:

AngryAgent
05-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Silverwood can be tough. I went on Wednesday with a friend and fished the shoreline from parking lot 6 (Cleghorn) all the way down for bass without so much as a bite. We then made our way to Miller Canyon and got the same treatment! I tried all the usual plastics assassins in my bag of tricks and it just wasn't going to happen. That's fishing! Other days are great though and I have hit some nice fish and done very well banging out nice numbers of trout too.

If you're bass fishing Texas rigged worms are always good along with the old faithful dropshot. Carolina rigs also can be very effective. Powerworms, Bonzai's and Roboworms are usually money. I fish 7" to 9" worms unless the bite is very finicky then I go to 5.5" with a curl tail.

Striper fishing can be good with all your normal plugs and swimbaits. Cut anchovies are also a great bait and will catch you plenty of cookie cutter sized stripies.

Trout fishing is also the usual with powerbaits and plastics all being good.

Good luck out there.

seal
05-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Creature baits have been doing excellent this year.

lwang0202
05-29-2011, 11:16 AM
icic. i might try hitting up the local lakes first such as crystal and puddingstone so i can practice getting down the techniques of using plastics. making the drive to silverwood can be pretty taxing on my gas :Sad:

lwang0202
05-29-2011, 11:18 AM
oh and thanks for the tips guys =) much appreciated.