PDA

View Full Version : Bouquet resv

stickin' it
05-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Has anyone ever fished the Bouquet resv in the hills above Valencia? Beautiful lake with a lot of fence and gates. While working next to the resv kept seeing big boils and rings.

reservoir dog
05-28-2011, 04:07 PM
A few years back me and some buddies fished there...ok we ninja'd the place during broad daylight. First off it's not legal to fish that reservoir since we had to hop a fence. But while I was there the fish were jumping all over the place. Unfortunately we did not catch anything since we were there for only a few minutes to scope out the place. Only had a few casts in so I never really had an opportunity to land anything. Plus we wanted to get in and get out before getting caught for trespassing. Good luck if you attempt to fish it.

FSHNLIC
05-29-2011, 12:47 PM
"Allegedly" its a tremendous fishery.... you will have to ninja it.... but there are holes in the fence line to crawl under and walk down... look for LMB, crappie, and bluegill/sunfish as the staples.... there are also a ton of carp.... and rumor's of trout (but I've never seen em).... this water comes from the Owens to Haiwee to Bouquet... Good Luck and Have Fun!!!

tpfishnfool
06-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Prob not a good idea. Before 911 the place wasnt fenced off but now it is strictly enforced and patroled by dwp and sheriff. Place is LOADED with huge carp. Years ago (mid 80's) we used to fish it hard. The bass were tough to get but there were giant crappie and those huge *** carp everywere.

fish-o-haulic
10-24-2011, 01:04 PM
I konw this is a old thread but i just looked it up and it says the it gets its water from the duct. So there may be stripers in there.

yolo
10-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Well it does get its water from the "duct" but not THE duct as in the California aqueduct that has the stripers. It is actually the Los Angeles aqueduct from the Owens which has no stripers but plenty of trout. I can definitely see how trout or trout fry could take a ride to Bouquet. Anyone ever ninja Fairmont. It's actually the small lake that the LA duct dumps to before going to Bouquet.

tpfishnfool
11-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Last time I checked Fairmount Res was empty. Used to hold bass. Need to ride the bike up on the duct near the poppy reserve and take a look. On the to do list.....