PDA

View Full Version : Slow limit at Bport 5-27 a.m.

billy b
05-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Started out as a beautiful day. It's only an hour and fifteen from my house, so I'm greatful to go any chance I can get. Saw only 2 boats on the lake. I fished from shore near the "bath tub" I got 6 in 4 hours ... some of the smallest I've seen at Bport. It was real windy which was disappointing for a morning to have wind. I didn't get a bite on NC's ... all of them were on Rainbow Garlic. Tried Corn Yellow, Salmon Egg Red, Chunky Chartreuse G ... 3 foot leader ... probably should of tried something else?

GOOD NEWS. As I was packing up the DFG showed up and dumped in 2000 pounds. Nice to see them stocking the lake.

Good luck to ya

diamondbear
05-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the post bb , Did you fish the the resv. or one of the twin lks. ? Bridgeport is my favorite place to be in not only to fish but to camp and hunt the local mnts. for deer . It was the place were I was introduced to the Sierras , in 8 weekends I went up there 6 times to fish that place all the way from the San Fernando valley . Been going since 1976 , How cool for you to live up in that country Billy , your living a dream , ha . // db

fly addict
05-28-2011, 07:11 PM
I guess the DFG is not planting enough fish, if you only got 6 in 4 hours.

MexicanPistachio
05-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Took a drive up and got blown away so at least you were able to fish. Winds are crazy today. Now I'm watching the snow flurries in mammoth.

Trout Daddy
05-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Wow that sucks, snow on Memorial Day, CRAZY!!!

flytyingreloader
05-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Wow that sucks, snow on Memorial Day, CRAZY!!!

Not THAT unusual, really. My own wishes are that the godawful winds would QUIT BLOWING SO HARD. Locally, it has been NUTS for over a week, same story from Isabella to Bridgeport. The ocean is doing a wash cycle, as well. I'm getting real difficult to live with, without fish to pull on.

billy b
05-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the post bb , Did you fish the the resv. or one of the twin lks. ? Bridgeport is my favorite place to be in not only to fish but to camp and hunt the local mnts. for deer . It was the place were I was introduced to the Sierras , in 8 weekends I went up there 6 times to fish that place all the way from the San Fernando valley . Been going since 1976 , How cool for you to live up in that country Billy , your living a dream , ha . // db

I still have a cabin in Fox Farm ... so I enjoy reading your reports along with Cameron, Taggart, etc. I do miss some nice days on BBL.

Could be that I'm not doing the right things as well.