PDA

View Full Version : Perris tubing

fishmounter
05-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Took SirBluegill out for his first time float tubing at LP. Fished from 7:30 to about 12:30. We just fished for panfish. We did ok, I think we caught about 17 fish all together, with about 12 being keepers. Most of the fish were Redears. I did get one pig Bluegill, went 11 inches. SirBluegill's first fish was a beautiful big male Redear Water is fairly warm, we didn't wear waders.

SirBluegill hooks his first float tube fish!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/SBG1st2.jpg

Not enough clips on my old stringer!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/LPftBGs2-1-1.jpg

SirBlugill hooks up again!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/SBG1stfloattubefish-1.jpg

lovefofish
05-27-2011, 03:56 PM
nice! looks like you guys had a killer time. nice 11"er

Airona124
05-27-2011, 05:44 PM
nice job water looked pretty calm

SirBluegill
05-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Heres two more pics, first hour of fishing was intense but then it died down and pick up at the end again. My first redear on a float tube was chunky, like the male redear Jeff caught. And the small current was killer I pass a buoy and be back at it again in short while. o ya how to you make your pictures that size?

Socal Bassman
05-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Nice job on the panfish. Those are some nice fish indeed and thanks for the report.

old pudd fisher
05-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Wow Jeff !! That picture of the stringer is just awesome, it should be on a magazine cover.

Dalizzy07
05-27-2011, 10:12 PM
thanks for the report those are some nice looking bluegill

fishmounter
05-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Here's the largest Bluegill I caught. 11 inches and fat with eggs. Pushing 2 pounds. She fought really good, looked healthy except for some kind of sore or bird bite on her spiny dorsal fin. Bummer.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/MygiantFTBG.jpg

Ifishtoolittle
05-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Nice Gills and Ears. I bet there are larger ones than those in your pics still lurking in Perris.

vortec_cruiser
05-27-2011, 11:18 PM
It definitely looks like a good day of fishing. I am thinking about taking my float tube to Perris for some panfish action. Did you park off Bernasconi Road? When parking there, do you have to first go through the main gate to pay, and then drive back out to Bernasconi Road?

adiablo420
05-27-2011, 11:26 PM
It definitely looks like a good day of fishing. I am thinking about taking my float tube to Perris for some panfish action. Did you park off Bernasconi Road? When parking there, do you have to first go through the main gate to pay, and then drive back out to Bernasconi Road?

If nobody is at the gate, theres envelopes at the gate, just leave your part of the envelope on your dash to match your payment. Probably going tomorrow early..

vortec_cruiser
05-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I'd like to go over the weekend, but not on Memorial Day weekend. I will go out there Tuesday morning. By the way, what were they biting on?

Zkupka
05-28-2011, 08:07 AM
SirBluegill u were at perris yesterday?? me too this was my biggest catch. lil bro wanted to hold so i let him ahah

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=30769&d=1306594239

SirBluegill
05-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Vortec_Cruiser- We had a golden poppy pass so we could just drive in and park. They go for 90$ at the campground office (cash only) and are good for a year.They can save a lot of money if you plan on going more then 9 times a year and they include a lot of other parks etc.

We where using mealworms, redworms and crickets. I think crickets won the day, Jeff photo proves that :)
I was able to catch around 4 fish using all three baits.

Zkupka- nice fish Zkupka! that looks like a large female redear, what side/place did you guys fish on? and did you use the setup I showed you?

TheAsianGuy
05-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Man, didn't get a chance to tube with you. I was at the marina and launched dock. Bad mistake. Too many boaters and way too much wakes to deal with. I'm exhausted from just the freaking battle with the water.

phishin phool
05-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Fishmounter, where did you guys launch from and where were ya fishin at? I've been thinkin but headin to perris and gettin in on some of the panfish action. Great report, looks like you guys had an awesome time!

fishmounter
05-29-2011, 11:15 AM
phishin- I just sent you a PM...

Natural Lefty
05-31-2011, 02:46 PM
I haven't been to Perris in a couple of weeks. It looks like the action has been excellent there for panfish, but I can't complain with my wife's and my results either. Tubing looks like a great way to fish, but you have to buy a tube first, and I don't take to water that well.

TheAsianGuy
05-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Don't know about you guys, but I'm leaving the marina and the loading dock areas alone. Way over-fished there. Best thing to do is to travel along the eastern areas of the lots 11 and 12 towards the marsh. Less traveled areas and minimal fishing activities. Gills and sunfishes tend to feed close to the shore between 4 to 7 feet down on the bugs that got blown from the early morning hours. Too bad we can't drive to the eastern area to deploy the tubes there. That's a freaking long way to tube from the two lots down the southeastern marsh areas. Looks like I have to invest in a small trolling motors for the tubes.