PDA

View Full Version : Fishing At Lake Skinner

Bass-N-Fever
05-27-2011, 01:36 PM
woke up this morning at 0600 and didnt know where i really wanted to go to day. was planing on going to hesperia lake but didnt want to do the drive there and fight the winds awhile fishing. so as i drove off thinking to myself saying what the hell ill hit up skinner again. by the way last week was a skunk! :( so then off i went. got to the lake at 0700. loaded up my gears for a day of bait n wait on the shore. i was to lazy to do any bass fishing or playing with lures. into my 1st cast out i notice that there where like 8 or 9 carps swiming by teasing me. im not really into carps but it did cross my mind. lol!!! still i waited for about 15 mins, saw a nibble, got ready for the hook up, nothing!!! reeled back in my bait gone. toss out again, 15min later, bump, bump, nothing! then at about 0845, bump, bump, bam!! fish on!! oh craps did i lose it damit, oh wait.... its fish on!!! nice size striper.. then after that 1 more nibble but no hook up..waited around till about 1100 then call it quits. anyhow great day out injoying what i love doing and no skunk this time...

Slater
05-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Nice to here you got on some fish. I also hit up Skinner this morning. Got a rental and started looking for surfacing striper. Not much going on up top and started a deeper troll. Hit up some dinks to get the skunk off and then it was a slow pick for the next few hours. Hit up a few spots that had been good to me in the past to try some bait and drift for nada. Back to the deep troll picked a few more Stripes up and then called it a day.

Bass-N-Fever
05-27-2011, 03:47 PM
thx slater, nice to here you got some striper out there on the rental. you probably saw me out there on there shore line left of the boat rental area. i the only fishermen there. anyways nice to hear what was going on out in the open water. next trip i make its gonna be on a rental.

P.A.W.
05-27-2011, 05:03 PM
BNF, I know what you mean about those carp. I've been seeing some easy double digit units swimming around and thought what a great fight they would put up on light line. Good to get the smell of the skunk off huh? I'll be out there on Saturday for sure. Bringing the kitchen sink.

P.A.W.
05-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Man the boats at the bouy line looked like laundry hanging from a clothsline!! Mr. stripey went deep today. Almost no surface activity, even at 6:30 am. Conditions were tough unless you were bait-n-waiting. I left at 11:00 and the yellow flag was going up then. Be back Monday.

GdHkSet1
05-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Man the boats at the bouy line looked like laundry hanging from a clothsline!! Mr. stripey went deep today. Almost no surface activity, even at 6:30 am. Conditions were tough unless you were bait-n-waiting. I left at 11:00 and the yellow flag was going up then. Be back Monday.
PAW,
After a early morning run to March, I'll be out too on Monday a.m, had plans this whole weekend to fish different waters but things did not pan out. See ya at the ramp or SE, NE.

P.A.W.
05-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Just an fyi.... The algae and grass has really started to take over. They are trying to get the powers that be to bluestone during the comming Baloon/wine weekend June 3-5 since the lake will be closed anyway. Doesn't look too good though. Anyway just need to check your trolling lines regularlyfor debris. Looks almost like kelp pattys all over the lake.