PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake-5/27 friday,WINDSTORM,skunk.

Shore Stalker
05-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Went to Pyramid this morning to shorefish after seeing Castaic is still completly full. The wind was whiping when i got there but I figured Id wait it out or find a sheilded spot. I should of just went back home. The wind got worse as it warmed up. The whole lake was moving and the water was white caping. I was getting blown around so much I could not feel my bait and the current was just blowing it back in. The few boats I saw where huging the shore line trying not to get blown away.

Then the wind started blowing so hard it became a distraction. It was not gusty just none stop blowing. Its was the kind of wind that could pull your hat off. You could not cast because the wind would make your line kite and spool you. I finnaly had enough and walked out with the skunk. I feel sorry for anyone who dragged a boat or skie up there cuz the waves the wind was kicking up where surfable. Iv never seen it that bad at Pyramid. Castaic was windy but still workable by Castaic standerds.

Well guess Ill be cleaning my reals untill the windy weather dies down or Castaic drops about 6ft.

fish-o-haulic
05-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Went to Pyramid this morning to shorefish after seeing Castaic is still completly full. The wind was whiping when i got there but I figured Id wait it out or find a sheilded spot. I should of just went back home. The wind got worse as it warmed up. The whole lake was moving and the water was white caping. I was getting blown around so much I could not feel my bait and the current was just blowing it back in. The few boats I saw where huging the shore line trying not to get blown away.

Then the wind started blowing so hard it became a distraction. It was not gusty just none stop blowing. Its was the kind of wind that could pull your hat off. You could not cast because the wind would make your line kite and spool you. I finnaly had enough and walked out with the skunk. I feel sorry for anyone who dragged a boat or skie up there cuz the waves the wind was kicking up where surfable. Iv never seen it that bad at Pyramid. Castaic was windy but still workable by Castaic standerds.

Well guess Ill be cleaning my reals untill the windy weather dies down or Castaic drops about 6ft.

i know what you mean. this wind throws off everything, and it mocks you. itll be calm and comfortable the first part of the day, then by noon its hurricane katrina. ive been trying to get out and do some fishing but the wind just picks up , then i say nevermind maybe tomorrow. ill just stick to the aqueduct for now. at least i live 5 mins from it.

eggot
05-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah the wind sucked... I went with laserbrn on his boat on friday and we got skunked too. Wind just kept blowing us off any spot before we could even get our lines in the water.

TROUT MASTERS
05-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Just came back from pyramid,25-35 mph wind,did catch 4 stripers,realesed 2
hard to fish,bud did beat the skunk.
Oh by the way,the new store smells like fresh wood,:LOL:
TROUT MASTER.:Cool: