PDA

View Full Version : 68 special huddleston deluxe!

6two6fishing
05-26-2011, 09:14 PM
ok for you true swimbait fisherman. Im selling one of my 68 special huddleston deluxe that ken huddleston exclusively came out with and is no longer available he only produced a few. For thos who dont know its a 6 inch huddle with the tail of a 8 inch huddle giving this bait a hard kicking action thats drives the bass and stripers crazy. i have a few extra that im selling new in the package never opened there Rainbow pattern rof 12 asking $30 firm...PM ME

tacklejunkie
05-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Fish that thing!
Will catch you a fish worth more than $45.

6two6fishing
05-26-2011, 11:46 PM
I am fishing it and let me tell you its been producing some nice quality fish the bass cant resist that tail action plus its a huddleston theyre very very good bait that look that resemble a stocked dfg trout i cant wait for the striper to come up. Im just selling a extra one i have new in the package. i know it wont last especially since you cant get them anymore

bsp
05-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Lol, $45 dollars. You can MAKE your own 68 special for $40 (one Hudd 6in at $15+one Hudd 8in at $25), and you get another Hudd (8in with 6in tail) as well. Huddleston also releases them periodically enough that that's a very high asking price considering MSRP is $20. In fact, some were just released Wednesday. Anybody can sign up for the free emails and get their own in a few more weeks (seems to be the production cycle).

$30 would be more reasonable IMO...

Just curious, are you the kind of guy that flips 3:16s on ebay too?

Swank909
05-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Lol, $45 dollars. You can MAKE your own 68 special for $40 (one Hudd 6in at $15+one Hudd 8in at $25), and you get another Hudd (8in with 6in tail) as well. Huddleston also releases them periodically enough that that's a very high asking price considering MSRP is $20. In fact, some were just released Wednesday. Anybody can sign up for the free emails and get their own in a few more weeks (seems to be the production cycle).

$30 would be more reasonable IMO...

Just curious, are you the kind of guy that flips 3:16s on ebay too?
Exactly what I was thinking

DarkShadow
05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Free market economics.

If there's someone that will pay higher than retail for that specific bait, then the poster will have a sale.

I'd be more concerned with him buying ALL of them when they went on sale on Wednesday, then jacking up the price because he holds all the product. But one? Not so concerned.

Bassnman Mike
05-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Ken puts out batch's of the 68 special from time to time, last Wednesday he released another batch, which sold out fast. While they can be hard to come by they are still available.

I've had 2 of them for awhile and they are excellant baits. BTW, I snagged 8 of them during this last run but none of mine will be for sale, yes they are that good.

6two6fishing
05-27-2011, 04:49 PM
wow! those are harse words said there swank and bsp...i dont know if you guys know but there has been several of times and you see it all day long on this net that people up there price on a product...yes i do have a couple of extra 68's becuase when they did go on sale i got excited (probably the same thing you or any TRUE fisherman would have done) and ordered a few extra because i figured i use and abuse the crap out of my huddlestons and the stripers tear them up pretty bad...honestly im not in it for the business i dont need the money i just figured why have it sitting in my garage in the package when someone could be taking advantage of this bait!....

and no i dont flip anyother baits or 3:16's and fyi...the only reason i priced it at that was becuase i saw a guy on ebay flipping several 68's for 50 to 65 a piece!

6two6fishing
05-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Bump...price reduced...so that no one (you know who you are) doesnt think im trying to rip people off im just trying to pass on a good bait!

bsp
05-27-2011, 06:27 PM
wow! those are harse words said there swank and bsp...i dont know if you guys know but there has been several of times and you see it all day long on this net that people up there price on a product...yes i do have a couple of extra 68's becuase when they did go on sale i got excited (probably the same thing you or any TRUE fisherman would have done) and ordered a few extra because i figured i use and abuse the crap out of my huddlestons and the stripers tear them up pretty bad...honestly im not in it for the business i dont need the money i just figured why have it sitting in my garage in the package when someone could be taking advantage of this bait!....

and no i dont flip anyother baits or 3:16's and fyi...the only reason i priced it at that was becuase i saw a guy on ebay flipping several 68's for 50 to 65 a piece!

I'm posting this so people understand what is a reasonable price for that bait. If anybody goes on a dedicated swimbait site, they can get them for $30 a pop (reasonable price: $20 bait, $5 to ship, add in gas money and the seller makes 2 or 3 dollars). In fact, one is on SU right now (in perch, but all colors work fine). I posted a WTB there when I missed the last run and got several for $25-$30. People have treated me well, so I try to do the same to others. Accordingly, I like to mention when something's price is a bit off so others who may not be as aware don't pay too much.

Don't say you're "just trying to pass" on a good bait when you're trying to make money off it instead, and at twice retail you are.

If you want a higher price, sell it on ebay. I have no problems with that since it's complete free market. If you look at ebay now though, the buy it now is $40, and the ROF 5 rainbow has no bids at $30. That $50-$65 isn't around.

6two6fishing
05-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Its not on there because they have been sold! because about month ago when I was trying to get one it ended up selling for 65 dollars...I even emailed a guy on eBay and offered him 45 dollars and he laughed at me and said the min he sells them is at $50...and like I said I am just trying to pass on a good bait...I'm willing to lower the price to a reasonable price as long as thts what going to make you happy

bsp
05-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Its not on there because they have been sold! because about month ago when I was trying to get one it ended up selling for 65 dollars...I even emailed a guy on eBay and offered him 45 dollars and he laughed at me and said the min he sells them is at $50...and like I said I am just trying to pass on a good bait...I'm willing to lower the price to a reasonable price as long as thts what going to make you happy

That was a month ago, and (here's DS's free market) prices change in that time. Supply increased (ie more baits released), demand didn't increase as much, and thus prices come down. $50-$65 may have been fair then, $30 is fair now. I am generally a very nice guy who like to help people out, but when a dude who only has 19 posts in two years tries to sell something at a huge mark up I'll let my fellow FNNrs know what's going on. Say what you want about your intentions, and I'll say what I want about how I read them.

Also, funny how you changed it from telling me to STFU to your current comment... you really are just a nice guy who wants to help out other swimbaiters.

Its not on there because they have been sold! because about month ago when I was trying to get one it ended up selling for 65 dollars...I even emailed a guy on eBay and offered him 45 dollars and he laughed at me and said the min he sells them is at $50...and like I said I am just trying to pass on a good bait...I'm willing to lower the price to a reasonable price as long as thts what going to make you shut the f*** up...

6two6fishing
05-27-2011, 07:16 PM
I feel you came at me disrespectful you could have pmd me and I changed it because I didn't want to be rude or disrespectful as you were to me bro...I'm jus a fisherman trying to pass on a bait like I said I will change the price to Whtevr is fair I don't need the money bro I have a good paying job...and the reason I don't post much is because I'm always fishing and not at home staring at the fishingnetwork...

6two6fishing
05-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Oh and another reason I only have a couple post in the past 2 years is because I was in the deployed in Iraq I was in the Marine Corps. and just recently got out. So while u were here posting stuff on the net and fishing I was overseas fighting for out freedom bro. That's all I'm going to reply I'm down bro...tight lines

bsp
05-27-2011, 07:59 PM
As for you being a Marine, thanks for your service to our country, and glad you're home safe.

As for everything else, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Only thing to get straight is that I'm not your bro.

6two6fishing
05-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Bump price reduced!!!...pm me pick up only $30 dollar for a 68 special huddle!

skunked again
05-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Market Value paid...... So much wasted time arguing.

AbsolutePig
05-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Well I see them going for $19.99..........