PDA

View Full Version : green valley lake

kirkboat
05-26-2011, 07:38 AM
can you float tube gvl? i've heard both ways, no and yes.......

IncredibleHuck
05-26-2011, 08:05 AM
can you float tube gvl? i've heard both ways, no and yes.......

Sorry, but the answer is a no. Don't know who would tell yes, it hasn't allowed float tubes in at least 15-20 years now.

goodguy
05-26-2011, 09:10 AM
^^^^^this x2^^^^^

phishin phool
05-26-2011, 10:01 AM
I have heard you can when lake facilities are closed for the season, but during the season no way. i have asked every year for awhile now and the answer is always the same.....NO! Such a bummer because it would be the the perfect lake for tubin!!QUOTE=kirkboat;549693]can you float tube gvl? i've heard both ways, no and yes.......[/QUOTE]

IncredibleHuck
05-26-2011, 11:49 AM
I have heard you can when lake facilities are closed for the season, but during the season no way. i have asked every year for awhile now and the answer is always the same.....NO! Such a bummer because it would be the the perfect lake for tubin!!QUOTE=kirkboat;549693]can you float tube gvl? i've heard both ways, no and yes.......[/QUOTE]

Thats a sure fire way to get arrested up there, and potentionaly have it shut down for everyone to fish. They take ALL BOATS off the water in the off season, including RESIDENTS!

blueyaker
05-26-2011, 02:46 PM
No, you're not able to float tube GVL because it is a private lake and it all boils down to a liability issue. Sorry.

phishin phool
05-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Thats a sure fire way to get arrested up there, and potentionaly have it shut down for everyone to fish. They take ALL BOATS off the water in the off season, including RESIDENTS![/QUOTE]
I have never personally tubed it but I have seen a few posts on here, and know 2 people who live up there, 1 a year round resident, who say they have. So I guess they are liars.

phishin phool
05-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Spoke with GeorgeAnn @GVL today and when lake facilities are closed residents can launch boats however float tubing is not allowed ever. But it has been done and if you are caught you will be banned for life @GVL. Not worth it imo.

seal
05-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Amazing that someone would try it, so exposed easy to get caught, crazy Ninja's!