PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood 05-25

mrfishcado
05-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Launched at 7:00 and went to the right. I always get Millers and Cleighorn confused. Anyways started with jerkbaits and cranks until we saw some beds. Not much fish on beds, alot of bass just crusing the shore. Started throwing the swimmbaits and had a follower on every couple of cast. Nothing hit but still cool to watch. Caught about 8 fish total. Lost a really nice one about 8 lbs. 5 feet from the boat. Most of our fish were in the 3+ lbs range. Nice grade of fish. Then the wind kicked up about 11 and called it a day. Planning on heading out Sat. agian. All fish were released. No pics.

khanhqpham
05-26-2011, 03:16 AM
IS it true that on many days the wind picks up at 1030 or 1100 AM making fishing from a boat impossible?

seal
05-26-2011, 08:31 AM
IS it true that on many days the wind picks up at 1030 or 1100 AM making fishing from a boat impossible?

Yes it is true that the wind picks up but there are many spots to hide, at least a little, from the wind. Problem is coming back in down the channel and in open water, just get ready for a rough ride! It's been a really windy spring so far at Silverwood with no signs of a let up.

seal
05-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Launched at 7:00 and went to the right. I always get Millers and Cleighorn confused. Anyways started with jerkbaits and cranks until we saw some beds. Not much fish on beds, alot of bass just crusing the shore. Started throwing the swimmbaits and had a follower on every couple of cast. Nothing hit but still cool to watch. Caught about 8 fish total. Lost a really nice one about 8 lbs. 5 feet from the boat. Most of our fish were in the 3+ lbs range. Nice grade of fish. Then the wind kicked up about 11 and called it a day. Planning on heading out Sat. agian. All fish were released. No pics.

Better get there super early on Saturday it's gonna be a madhouse! Feel sorry for my Ranger friends.

Trout Daddy
05-26-2011, 03:01 PM
If you dont have a boat reservation for silverwood already you are out of luck.....

TheAsianGuy
05-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Okay, I think I'm going to regret going up there with a tube because of the wind, but Seal, what are the best spots to hit? Don't care what I'm striking. As long as they give me a good fight.

seal
06-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Okay, I think I'm going to regret going up there with a tube because of the wind, but Seal, what are the best spots to hit? Don't care what I'm striking. As long as they give me a good fight.

Sorry I missed this, if you haven't already been send me a PM or PM me before your next trip. Baits and stuff are cool to post on the open Internet but I shy away from giving spots, it's bit me in the butt before.

TheAsianGuy
06-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Sorry I missed this, if you haven't already been send me a PM or PM me before your next trip. Baits and stuff are cool to post on the open Internet but I shy away from giving spots, it's bit me in the butt before.

Understood. Don't want to kill myself fighting with the wind. I'll ask you for the proper path to take to minimize wind sheer before heading up there.