PDA

View Full Version : WTB Triple trout Swimbaits.......

AbsolutePig
05-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I want to get a few of these and yes I'm rich. Where is the best place to pick a few of them up? I primarily fish the Wood, Perris and DVL. Thanks!

tacklejunkie
05-26-2011, 05:35 AM
If you fish DVL...
Go to Last Chance Bait and Tackle.
They have triple trouts in their glass case.

Put clear epoxy over the eyes and change out the hooks and split rings. Ask what hooks at the tackle shop.

I know people think these baits are expensive but They don't fall apart with giant fish on the line and they don't let you lose the giant fish either. Worth every single penny for real.

tacklejunkie
05-26-2011, 05:37 AM
If you are rich and you fish DVL and you want a BIG FISH...
buy this one dude. I want it so bad!
http://www.hookeduptackle.com/m8/22nd%20Century%205pc%20Cut%20Tail%20Triple%20Trout--22nd-century-5pc-cut-tail-triple-trout.html
That's what you call MONEY son! And I'm not talking expenses! I'm talking giant fish in the boat.
Freakin' 12" 5 piece subsurface that won't roll when you burn and jerk it!

P.S.. take me with you lol

Tacklewarehouse has them also.
First four on top row.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Hard_Body/catpage-SWMBTHRD.html

DarkShadow
05-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Performance Tackle in Los Alamitos

Picked up a special pattern at the Fred Hall Show at their booth, but they have many basic colors in the store.

If you're looking for special runs, check eBay, or The Bass'A'Thon or the Fred Hall Show.

BassFreak
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
+1 on Performance Tackle in Los Alamitos

They have the best selection and most complete inventory of triple trouts in SoCal. must be because the owner and the guy who makes these are good friends.. lol

sullyfish
05-26-2011, 10:03 AM
The Longifn and Performance Tackle both have a good in store selection of TT's

AbsolutePig
05-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the info guys....what's the deal with the cut tail? Does it make a big difference? I think I'm going to go with that Blue trout..looks pretty sweet! I'll throw the 8 inch one for a while then buy the big 10 inch. You guys use like 80 pound braid when throwing them? I've got 25 pound mono on my Curado now but I think I'm going to upgrade that with a $100 swimbait on the end of it.

AbsolutePig
05-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Also...why isn't there a "Rainbow Trout" color? They have all these fancy colors but not the basics......kinda weird!

Dr. MindBendo
05-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the info guys....what's the deal with the cut tail? Does it make a big difference? I think I'm going to go with that Blue trout..looks pretty sweet! I'll throw the 8 inch one for a while then buy the big 10 inch. You guys use like 80 pound braid when throwing them? I've got 25 pound mono on my Curado now but I think I'm going to upgrade that with a $100 swimbait on the end of it.

25 lb. mono is what I would recommend using. I would only use straight braid with topwater swimbaits.

DarkShadow
05-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Also...why isn't there a "Rainbow Trout" color? They have all these fancy colors but not the basics......kinda weird!

Heh, they have about a dozen Rainbow Trout patterns that I can think of, top of my head.

Purple Trout
Dark Trout
Light Trout
Purple Scale Trout
Perris Special

etc, etc, etc....

Just that they're kinda hard to find.

AbsolutePig
05-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Heh, they have about a dozen Rainbow Trout patterns that I can think of, top of my head.

Purple Trout
Dark Trout
Light Trout
Purple Scale Trout
Perris Special

etc, etc, etc....

Just that they're kinda hard to find.

Yeah I've seen all of those.....I want a "Rainbow Trout" pattern that looks EXACTLY like the stockers they throw in there. Those you listed above are all slightly different.

dockboy
05-26-2011, 11:25 AM
The Triple Trout isnt the same application as a Hudd. It's made to provide a different look and presentation to the fish. You will find custom painters who can make a TT look just like a stocker if you want. But the deal about a TT is its action and versatility. What triggers the fish to eat it isn't the same realism a Huddleston provides, but rather the allusion of life and profile a TT provides. This why some days you can throw a Hudd all day long for nothing, yet a TT gets the nod.
Plus, no lake has the same stockers. Fish up noth where I'm at like a blue/purple trout pattern, because many of the trout you'll see are that color. Not to mention, since quite a few lakes now stock private hatchery fish due to the DFG lawsuit, it makes sense to offer different trout patterns to match the typically vibrant colors of private hatchery trout.

DarkShadow
05-26-2011, 12:38 PM
I want a "Rainbow Trout" pattern that looks EXACTLY like the stockers they throw in there.

Ah...then you'll have a futile search.

To get an exact match, you may have to send a completely white one to get foil wrapped by some bait finishers out there.

AbsolutePig
05-26-2011, 01:08 PM
The Triple Trout isnt the same application as a Hudd. It's made to provide a different look and presentation to the fish. You will find custom painters who can make a TT look just like a stocker if you want. But the deal about a TT is its action and versatility. What triggers the fish to eat it isn't the same realism a Huddleston provides, but rather the allusion of life and profile a TT provides. This why some days you can throw a Hudd all day long for nothing, yet a TT gets the nod.
Plus, no lake has the same stockers. Fish up noth where I'm at like a blue/purple trout pattern, because many of the trout you'll see are that color. Not to mention, since quite a few lakes now stock private hatchery fish due to the DFG lawsuit, it makes sense to offer different trout patterns to match the typically vibrant colors of private hatchery trout.

Yeah that makes sense. I haven't even seen a TT in action so I'm not quite sure how they move in the water. it just would make sense to me to have one that resembles a stocker. I guess some of these resemble a stocker just not like the Hudd. Seems like all the people in So CAL blow their money on these ridiculous baits.......I think I'll do it too..lol. I go back east and throw out anything and catch 10 pounders. Out here it is a little different. Thanks for the info.

dockboy
05-26-2011, 04:20 PM
No problem. You'll find out that the TT is very erratic. Its not a feeding trout, its a wounded trout acting all cracked out. Fish it enough and you can learn to trigger fish by making the bait do different things. It kinda like the BBZ in the sense that you can execute a slack line jerk and turn the bait in a follower's face if you want. Plus, it's a kickass night bait in open water, because the TT kicks hard.

bsp
05-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Check out 3:16s too if you can get the chance. The hard baits are a big pain to get, but are definitely worth it. The Rising Son is a personal favorite of mine, and it's a soft bait (easy to buy off their site). A little more active bait than the Hudd, and it gets bit.

tacklejunkie
05-27-2011, 12:47 AM
the fish don't care about accurate paint.
Just get it close and you got a cigar.
It's the action... and it has to be in the zone, at the right place and time with the right action.

Triple Trouts look like toys. You might actually have to use some skill to catch a fish with it as opposed to draggin' the Hudd. But dayum they work! I didn't believe at first either.

Get the green trout. (Dark trout?) Looks like all kinds of fish.

AngryAgent
05-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Longfin has them in stock and can get custom colors ordered too.