PDA

View Full Version : SLOW tough day in the hood 5 24 2011

ghetto dad
05-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Hey guys,

Decided to hit the surf today, and even though I knew the tide wasn’t going to be right, and the surf was probably going to be full of weeds and big surf, I needed to get out! So I left my house early, and arrived at the spot a short time later.

Tide was WAY down, and the surf was still large, and to make matters worse, the wind was blowing out of the S/SE pretty good. Also, I could tell the tide was ripping. So I tied on the LC, and gave it a shot.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC14260.jpg

First casts were horrible, between the wind catching my LC mid air, and the casts that actually did make it close to the zone were coming back at my feet, and my LC getting ripped downhill from the current. I seriously was about to give up after about 20 minutes of this, it was frustrating. But I stuck it out, and looked very hard for a “fishable” zone, which I finally did find. Made a cast…..perfect..and worked my LC back to shore. Shortly after that cast, I got freight trained, and set the hook hard! The fish put a nice little bend in the Inshore Assassin, and a short time later, I finally landed my skunk buster!

Not huge, but still a nicer BSP, and took the stripe off my back!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC14261.jpg

After safely releasing the fish back into the surf, I go to cast again into the zone. Well, in that short amount of time, the zone was not fishable now, as well as with the rest of the beach. So I looked in my tackle box to see how many lead heads and plastics I had, I was thinking about hitting LB for some Bass, and maybe some protection from this wind and surf. I only had a couple, and the spot I wanted to fish is BRUTAL. You WILL lose lead heads and plastics. So, I decided to give it a shot anyways, and headed to my truck to head to LB for a little while.

**SIDE NOTE: I am sure if I would have switched over to my 6 lb perch rod and GULP! I probably would have caught fish. When I say “fishable,” I mean to fish the LC. Well, I didn’t even BRING my perch rod, because I am DETERMINED to get good with that LC and catch more bigger perch and hopefully soon, my first LC halibut!**

Made it to LB a short time later, and got to the area I wanted to fish. Tied on one of my two leadheads that I had in my box, and slipped on a 4 inch white Big Hammer.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC14264.jpg

Made a few casts for nothing, and then I spotted some grass, and casted parallel with it so I can work the outside edge of it. Then I got SLAMMED! I set the hook, and the fish was on! I could tell it was a bass, I pulled my tip up high to keep it out of the rocks, but too late. Fish got me in rocks, and after trying to work it free, my line finally broke. Tied on my last lead head and plastic, and worked the same area. A few casts later, I get big again, and set the hook. This fish was smaller than the first, but still felt like a decent bass. This time, the fish spit the hook! GRRR!! Made another 3-4 casts, get bit again, and got rail roaded into the rocks again, and again, broken line. Well, I had no more plastics, and 0 for 3 on the bass. I decided to tie a weedless GULP! 5 inch N/C jerk shad on, and give it a shot. I wanted to catch SOMETHING here, after that drive…lol.

Cast into weeds, and lightly worked it through. Then, I got bit, and set the hook! I could tell this was not a bass, but it still pulled pretty good. Short time later, I land my 2nd fish of the day.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC14266.jpg

Release the fish, unharmed, and decided that was enough for me today. I was pretty beat up, lol. Very slow day for me, but I got out, worked the LC hard for couple hours, and also gave bass fishing a shot. I didn’t mind losing those bass and tackle, that is part of the fun! I just wish I had more lead and plastics on me. Next stop, a tackle shop to STOCKPILE the lead and plastics for my next venture up to LB, whenever that will be.

Sorry guys, not a very exciting report, but I gave it a shot!

Until next time…..

GD

kzhlin
05-25-2011, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the report! Heading out to the surf sometime soon!

ryryk
05-25-2011, 06:14 AM
Oh you think you can just come into Newfishsmell and I's hood without one of us stepping to you?!
Lol , cool looking rock fish man, you're just wiping the species off your list!

Big hammmer in Keylime 3" with a 1/4oz ledhead, fish it on the bottom. I've had all my success on that color.

exfactor
05-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Good try Steve. The SE wind isn't a good sign for sure. I washed all my stuff after the last outing, and left it on the porch to dry, and someone decided my fanny pac with all my surf tackle was something they couldn't live without. Bummed, but not broken.

Which Way Out
05-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Good try Steve. The SE wind isn't a good sign for sure. I washed all my stuff after the last outing, and left it on the porch to dry, and someone decided my fanny pac with all my surf tackle was something they couldn't live without. Bummed, but not broken.

You gotta be kidding Mikey. I know your not kidding, sorry to hear someone would do that. I have lived by the rule of, If its not your's don't touch it... If any of the SWAT team guys catch the D-bag trying to sell the stuff to em, its gonna be a fun report to wright.
If you have any photos post em so I and others can see what it was that got stolen. You never know, its a small town.

And Steve sorry if Jacked your post for a few minutes. Better luck is coming whenever this darn wind stops, otherwise thanks for the latest report.

fishhb
05-25-2011, 09:42 AM
hard not to bust out the perch rod good job!

Scotto
05-25-2011, 09:44 AM
On windy days, try a Gyodo Heavy Surf 90 instead of an LC. Casts like a son of a b#### in the wind. Caught a 20" short halibut on one the other day at BC.

ryryk
05-25-2011, 10:10 AM
On windy days, try a Gyodo Heavy Surf 90 instead of an LC. Casts like a son of a b#### in the wind. Caught a 20" short halibut on one the other day at BC.
Yeah man I was looking into those lures. Check out the youtube video of its action underwater. Made by IMA I think right?

exfactor
05-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks Bill. A small box with 7 lc's in it, my 3" hammers, and heads in a ziploc, my digital olympus camera, and grubs, pliers, etc. That fanny pac isn't very common also

murrieta angler
05-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey GD,
You get an "A" for effort Bro.
At least you got out there and got a couple differnt species.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

murrieta angler
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks Bill. A small box with 7 lc's in it, my 3" hammers, and heads in a ziploc, my digital olympus camera, and grubs, pliers, etc. That fanny pac isn't very common also

OUCH!!!
Somma Bitchezzzssss!!!

Robert
<><

Wingnut
05-25-2011, 12:32 PM

Damn, really sorry to hear that Mikey. :Neutral: You live in a very nice neighborhood too, but you never know nowadays. Probably a couple of kids...
Reinforcements on the way... :Wink:

Steve, way to stick with the LC... I probably wouldn't even bothered with the LC's in the conditions that you described. Time to tie on a Kroc. :Wink:
BTW, stop copying my LC patterns... you're infringing on my copyright! :Big Smile:

ghetto dad
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Damn, really sorry to hear that Mikey. :Neutral: You live in a very nice neighborhood too, but you never know nowadays. Probably a couple of kids...
Reinforcements on the way... :Wink:

Steve, way to stick with the LC... I probably wouldn't even bothered with the LC's in the conditions that you described. Time to tie on a Kroc. :Wink:
BTW, stop copying my LC patterns... you're infringing on my copyright! :Big Smile:

thanks Arthur! yeah i have two larger Krocs in my box....ones a sardine pattern and i forget the other one..they are the ones with the treble hook with 1 hook larger then the others...

thanks alot guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GD

ghetto dad
05-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the report! Heading out to the surf sometime soon!

conditions should be improving daily bro...get out there!! thanks!

Oh you think you can just come into Newfishsmell and I's hood without one of us stepping to you?!
Lol , cool looking rock fish man, you're just wiping the species off your list!

Big hammmer in Keylime 3" with a 1/4oz ledhead, fish it on the bottom. I've had all my success on that color.

LOL!! Well, you and NFS werent there to step to me foo!!! lol....thanks man! TTWC!!

DAMN!!! Sorry Mikey....******* people, I HATE thieves!!

hard not to bust out the perch rod good job!

yeah....very hard...im doing my best to stick to my guys, I promised Arthur!! lol thanks man!

I was looking at those the other day...thinking about picking one up..which one did you get???? thanks man!

Hey GD,
You get an "A" for effort Bro.
At least you got out there and got a couple differnt species.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Thanks Robert...yeah....it was nice to get out....prob going somewhere tomorrow....local, of course :( lol

GD

FishinLBC
05-25-2011, 06:34 PM
nice thanks for the repert

DockRat
05-25-2011, 06:43 PM
That LC sure is producing some Piggy Perch.
1 big one is better that 10 Dinks. Nice Bass too.
DR

ghetto dad
05-25-2011, 07:45 PM
nice thanks for the repert

thanks man!!

That LC sure is producing some Piggy Perch.
1 big one is better that 10 Dinks. Nice Bass too.
DR

yeah..I keep telling myself that DR...lol....i really DO love "jig" fishing......ima try another area tomorrow....i need my first LC Halibut soon..lol

GD

Newfishsmell
05-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Lol ,

Lmao , yeah GD ... dont be fishing on our side of the pier ... lol

Sounds like the bass were hitting at the HOE ,Your fishing it hard thats what counts.

Jaysuuun
05-25-2011, 10:24 PM
GD, you'll get that LC butt soon, especially with the time that you're putting out there. I've been thinking about picking up the larger LC 130 for those windy days. :Cool: