PDA

View Full Version : Where to fish SAturday May 28????

Kelster
05-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Would like to take the tube out Saturday
Perris close, maybe bass, crappie, but getting treated Wednesday bite might be affected.
Jenks, never been there but reports looked good.
BBL, don't have yearly pass and $$ for it. Shore fish but my spot has gotten cold on the bite.
Gregory, like the lake, could tube or just go to my spot and shore fish.
I guess I just need more info on Jenks, or just go for it and paddle around. Can anyone answere a question about parking at Jenks, is it just $ 5.00 to park?

Thanks and I'll probably go to one of them, just need to make a decision.

Hometown
05-24-2011, 12:59 PM
5 bucks for parking and its a very pretty but small lake

Piss on Myspace
05-24-2011, 09:00 PM
yeah parking is 5 bucks...so its a trade off. 5 bucks to park at jenks or 5 bucks to launch at gregory...

id go with jenks...small, but a very productive lake if you got a tube......never been skunked there before...you can easily fish the entire lake, as oppose to gregory, where you would be kicking around all day....quality is about the same, but i think jenks may have a little more wind protection...may head out this week, keep an eye out for a report

Kelster
05-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Leaning towards Jenks. Last time out at Gregory it was foggy going up and windy on the lake. Took over a half an hour to kick from marina to where I like to fish and too windy to fish from tube. I did catch a 2.6 lb and a 1.5 that day though. Lake Gregory charges $10.00 to launch. I like Gregory but now I might find another small mtn. lake that I could like. he fish in my avatar are the Gregory fish.

Flying
05-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Perris was scheduled to be stoned yesterday(Tuesday). It will be fine if not better by the weekend. We're having nice weather all week for a change.Drive less and fish more. Also leave the waders at home.

TheAsianGuy
05-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Perris was scheduled to be stoned yesterday(Tuesday). It will be fine if not better by the weekend. We're having nice weather all week for a change.Drive less and fish more. Also leave the waders at home.

Don't know about leaving waders at home. Still freezing cold during the early morning hours. If you can handle the 55 degrees water from 6 to 11, you're good. Otherwise, wader for the first ladder of the day, and waderless afterwards.

Kelster
05-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Looks like Jenks Lake for Saturday unless something changes. Leave around five and should be ready to hit the water at 6:00 am. I 'll be the guy trying to stumble down to the waters edge and get all mt crap ready.