PDA

View Full Version : Bishop intake 2, Owens river report (no pics)

DynoDan
05-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Ok I live in the OC so I took off at 11pm Sunday night arrived at intake2 at 5am fishing was good till 8am. For me. I'm a lake bait and wait guy. So I took off around 930 ish to the Owens were my luck and skill took a dump! Headed to independace to finish up there got a couple there also. Total was 15 fish caught and 9 kept. I had a young new fisher man with me ( kuku kachoo) hopefully I was able to pass the fishing spirt on to another ! One thing I must ask anyone who fishes the lower Owens. As I was frustrated at my river fishing skill I decided to put a worm on and float it off the bottom. 30 min go by and I see it bend like crazy mind u it's not in the current. When I get it it the line seemed to be stuck I thought maybe a cat got it then ran back to his hole once he felt the hook. So any one seen or caught a cat in the Owens ?

FSHNLIC
05-24-2011, 07:27 PM
There are definitely cats in the owens.... could of also been a carp.... or even a large trout.... my bets on the carp as I've gotten em up to 20lbs in the owens.... the lower owens can be challenging especially during times of high water... but there are some bruisers in there!!!!

Bassnman Mike
05-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Yes, there are catfish in it, there are also Largemouth and Smallmouth bass in the Owens

dockboy
05-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Yup. I've caught small bass up to the Wild Trout section at PVR campground in the summer. Owens below Tinemaha Res. is good bass water.