PDA

View Full Version : Tube for a big guy

peterl
08-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi All,

I bought a Caddis Nav II and used it once in the Sierra's. It is rated to 350 pounds, but when I ued it the pockets smashed in and it was not very comfortable.

Now, I am a solid 300 pounds and about 6'-2".

Is there a better tube on the market that would be more comfortable and sit better in the water than the Caddis?

I looked at the Outcast tubes, and they are only rated to 325# and run $300.

Open for suggestions.

Thanks

Pete

mudshark
08-07-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm 6'1" and 300 lbs and have a water skeeter daytripper float tube and it floats me great, has a padded seat and keeps me on top of the water, but it has 3 bladders so it takes a little time putting it together. My friend is 6'4" and weighs 400 lbs. and floots him great also.
Check it out on sierra trading post site thats the cheapest i've seen it.

sonarbp
08-08-2007, 08:06 AM
I bought a Caddis Nav II and used it once in the Sierra's. It is rated to 350 pounds, but when I ued it the pockets smashed in and it was not very comfortable.

Now, I am a solid 300 pounds and about 6'-2".

Pete,

I am also a larger fisherman, 300 6'-1". I have a Caddis Nav II and a Togiak float tube. Both are rated to 350#. I think you might have not filled the bladders on your tube in the correct order. I learned this out a while back cause I had the same issue happen to me with the pockets didn't sit right.

This is how I inflate my Nav II and I have no more issues.

1) Inflate the U bladder to about 90%
2) Inflate the left pontoon bladder 100%
3) Inflate the right pontoon bladder 100%
4) Inflate head rest
5) Now top off U bladder

Don't give up on the Nav II....it is a great tube it just takes some time to learn all the little quarks!!!

sonarbp

BBL2Baja
08-08-2007, 08:16 AM
This is how I inflate my Nav II and I have no more issues.

1) Inflate the U bladder to about 90%
2) Inflate the left pontoon bladder 100%
3) Inflate the right pontoon bladder 100%
4) Inflate head rest
5) Now top off U bladder

Don't give up on the Nav II....it is a great tube it just takes some time to learn all the little quarks!!!

sonarbp

I was about to post the same thing. This progression was posted the same week that I got my Nav II. It works really well! I'm a big dude (6', 275) and have no problems with it. Great tube!

Later,
Scott

sullyfish
08-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Any of the bigger tubes made by Outcast...

"Super Fat Cat" or the new "Prowler"

The best tubes on the market

fisherkid47
11-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Id go with a pontoon boat.

flyinhighawiian
11-26-2007, 08:41 PM
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Hey man Cris here i was a 300lb fat cat once than i got off my duff and started spinnin at Red rocks, working for the Broncos lifes great when i left California still miss the bassin with that wash up Nessie :lol: :lol: :lol: and Jeff, love in missin you guys peas......FHH Ps try a canoe style tube.

ediboy
11-26-2007, 09:46 PM
you can try the super fat cat.
except it has about a $350 pricetag or so.
i can't remember the exact price but its up their
its made specifically for big guys like you
and you can customize all sorts of junk
custom pole holders it can haul alot
and you float above the water your knees are the highest part that gets wet usually