PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead, NV Water Level?

TFC_arvilJDM
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Hey guys, well im currently back in Las Vegas for work, so ill be away from the Ocean at the time being :(

Last time I was here was from Apr 2010 - Nov 2010, and I've fished the Lake a lot while I was here during those times, and noticed the water level would always drop down.

So now im curious on how the water level is right now. Did it drop lower? Is there still water in the lake? Has it risen?

Any help would be appreciated. Im hoping there's still a good amount of water left so I can start fishing the Mead again soon.

I usually fish from the "33 Hole" from land or Float Tube.

Thanks in advanced!

drifter023
05-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Actually the lake is up from last year guys on another forum I am on are keeping tabs on mead and it is doing great. Might be going up there myself next month....

seal
05-25-2011, 08:18 AM
The water level has been steadily rising and hopefully will continue to do so. Lot's of factors involved but I believe they have re-opened Boulder Bay or will be opening soon that has been closed since the water level dropped drastically. 33 hole area now looks very much different than it did last summer, structure that was exposed is now under water, the good news is a lot of the vegetation is also in the water now creating more structure for the LMB's to hide and grow in.

I'll be up there in July for a few days tubing 33 hole.

TFC_arvilJDM
05-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Actually the lake is up from last year guys on another forum I am on are keeping tabs on mead and it is doing great. Might be going up there myself next month....

The water level has been steadily rising and hopefully will continue to do so. Lot's of factors involved but I believe they have re-opened Boulder Bay or will be opening soon that has been closed since the water level dropped drastically. 33 hole area now looks very much different than it did last summer, structure that was exposed is now under water, the good news is a lot of the vegetation is also in the water now creating more structure for the LMB's to hide and grow in.

I'll be up there in July for a few days tubing 33 hole.

Thanks for the input fellas! Good to know that the Mead is starting to rise up again. Ill probably drive down to the 33 Hole sometime soon to check it out myself, and ill let you guys know how things are looking out there.