PDA

View Full Version : Perris is getting stoned May 24th

Flying
05-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Lake Perris will be temporarily closed for fishing, swimming, and boating on Tuesday May 24th, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The lake is being treated with copper sulfate to reduce algae and improve water quality.

The Marina cove and the launch ramp cove are the only locations that you can fish and boat in. At 12:00 PM the lake will be open with no restrictions. Please call 951-940-5600 if you have any questions.

Whats interesting is the second part. I was told in the past there was no lake use at all when they stone.

blackberg
05-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Whats interesting is the second part. I was told in the past there was no lake use at all when they stone.

doesnt the bite die off for a while after getting bluestoned?

and hopefully they wont accidentally over do it, because that will definitely kill the bite.
-bb

tacklejunkie
05-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Ugh I'll be there picking up floaters.
Let's hope they go easy on it.

tree
05-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Ugh I'll be there picking up floaters.
Let's hope they go easy on it.

Theres already a ton of dead panfish everywhere, a couple dead bass. The last time I was there walking the shore there was a ~6lber dead with a huge gash on its back, probably from a boat prop.

edit: and i'd personally leave the floaters for the birds/crawdads to munch on.

fish-o-haulic
05-24-2011, 09:04 AM
i hate chemical treatments. it kills the bite fo a while, and if they over do it like usual it kills a whole lot more than the bite.

tacklejunkie
05-24-2011, 09:07 AM
edit: and i'd personally leave the floaters for the birds/crawdads to munch on.
To poison the birds and crawdads with copper sulfate?
Trust me when they do it wrong the whole lake smells where they messed up of lots of dead fish. People go out there and pick them up by the stringer full and (ghasp) eat them! They send out a Perris worker in a boat to collect the dead fish. They used to come by and ask "see any dead fish around today yet?" while I was tubing and catching tons of bass.

See other thread where I stated I already saw lots of dead fisheez before the stoning, too.

fish-o-haulic
05-24-2011, 09:09 AM
To poison the birds and crawdads with copper sulfate?
Trust me when they do it wrong the whole lake smells where they messed up of lots of dead fish. People go out there and pick them up by the stronger full and (ghasp) eat them!

See other thread where I stated I already saw lots of dead fisheez before the stoning, too.

not me definitely not me

tacklejunkie
05-24-2011, 09:14 AM
The best part is they come and report loading up a stringer full of half dead twitching"stoned" 4lbers on FNN that they ate because they didn't want then to go to waste.