PDA

View Full Version : Carlsbad 5/22

bassturd
05-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Fished the surf for my 2nd time and my buddy wanted to go along with me. Got to c bad around 5:30 this morning and fished til 2:00 or so. Used crack and lc's for bait. We got a total of 6 yfc, 25 or so bps, 4 wsp and 3 short halibut. It was a blast but unfortunately nothing big enough to eat. Biggest Hali went 20 1/2".I have a pic on my cell but don't know how to put it on here. He was throwing the lc's and I was using an immitation but had no luck. I guess it really pays to have the name brand! Still learning the surf thing and hope to get out there as much as possible! Thanks for all the help the people from here have offered me, I'm tryin to put it to good use.

Bt

murrieta angler
05-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Nice job Bro,
Good to see you putting in the time and it paid off for you...:Smile:
Now that you know where they are at, get back and catch that legal Hali.
Robert
<><

bassturd
05-23-2011, 09:23 PM
I'll do my best!! I think we're gonna take my buddies boat out on Wednesday and try for some butts around carlsbad and maybe a little further south. Thanks for your help! We caught a ton of perch but only was over 12". Gotta find the big boys!!!

BT

Which Way Out
05-23-2011, 11:16 PM
That's a bit of a drive to the coast from Hemet. I admire anyone that will do that with these gas prices. Keep it up and thanks for the report

DockRat
05-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Good report, Thanks

That's a bit of a drive to the coast from Hemet. I admire anyone that will do that with these gas prices.

If you would drive a car that gets 40 mpg gas prices are not bad at all.
V8's & V6's 'Get over it' :Rolls Eyes:
DR

Which Way Out
05-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Good report, Thanks

If you would drive a car that gets 40 mpg gas prices are not bad at all.
V8's & V6's 'Get over it' :Rolls Eyes:
DR

Dang DR
I have 2 cars. Ones a 6 and the other a 4 cyl. I don't think my wife would like me smelling up her new car.LOL Its a great car and has gotten as much as 42mpg hwy. And the best thing is its paid for. Were all in this together and in some cases some people just can't drop what they have and get a Eco-car due to the loan concerns. Besides OP might have a high MPG car, he didn't mention it either way.
How did we get off the fishing topic anyway, Oh yea I said "I admired that he would drive from Hemet to the coast at these prices" Somehow you made me look like I drive an old Chevy Suburban with a 454 gas hog. Gave all that up many years ago, Thank you very much.
Lets just stick to fishing buddy.:Smile:

Ifishtoolittle
05-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Wow aren't we all just too sensitive? Lol at least it's not as bad as some of the crap I read on other sites. WTF on the feesh bassturd!

cjmedina
05-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Nice..wanted to go out today to cbad get some fish.. but it was a no go.. thanks for the report

bassturd
05-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Well I figure $40 in gas is better than renting a boat somewhere and still paying to get into the lake.