PDA

View Full Version : Lake Hemet 5/21/11

pwynn
05-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Finally got back on the water after my knee surgery a month ago. They have put in 2000 lb of fish both of the last 2 weeks. The fish were all over the new color twisted trout crawler harnesses i used. Also the new twisted trout secret sauce out fished the always on my boat pro-cure garlic. The fishing was just nuts, and the quality of the fish is something i have never seen up there. I must have caught ### fish(if i put the actual amount someone will have to chime in and remind me that you cant catch and release trout legally or something) that were over 2 lbs. Other than getting cut of 2 times by rental boats it was a nice day back on the water.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/pwynn77/utf-8BSU1BRzAwMDEuanBn.jpg

mjc89
05-22-2011, 11:17 PM
so the trout fishings pretty good up there?

Hooked Up
05-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Good fishing in your back yard! Can't beat that! Thanks for the 411!

JimmisLine
05-23-2011, 12:34 AM
NIce you got there in the pic. Sounds like a great day.

TrouTracker
05-23-2011, 01:34 AM
To Pete- Great job as usual at Lake Hemet. Good looking fish as well. I'll have to check out your new little toys you've been playing with. Hope to see you at the big pond soon. Thanks for the report and pic.
Barry A. Ogawa

fish addict
06-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I have fished lake hemet my whole life but for the past 7 years religiously, almost every day I had off & quite often after work as well when I lived up there! Its fairly generous trout fishing... nothing of much size (3/4 of a lb-4 lbs average) I catch'n'release so i've had 50 fish days on occasion, its rare but it happens. I catch em on power bait & lures. Lake hemet is regularly fished for trout & carp with the occasional bass fisherman walkin the bank & a few from boat. Its always 10-15 degrees cooler than the valley & is usually a relaxed environment...excluding most summer weekends. I spend a good chunk of my summer months up there cleaning up after the weekenders & just having a blast catching fish & enjoying the scenery, the scenery alone is worth the trip for me. Its my home away from home. I havent fished it much this year because I was fishing the striper at DVL like everyone else...
still stuck on diamond because its just too good of a fishery to ignore & I'd be a fool to not continue to learn to fish it. I love striper fishing. I dont care what anyone has to say about em, their a heck of a game fish! O, and they taste Delicious! anyway, I enjoy lake hemet more than any lake available to me without a long drive.
I almost always catch fish (trout'n'bass) & rarly get skunked & when I do its usualy because I was short on time or just didnt feel like trying very hard. I'l be going back up there more frequently now that summer is on its way.

well out of time C YA!