PDA

View Full Version : Question. Carolina rig jerk baits?

archie10
05-22-2011, 10:29 PM
is there anyway i can Carolina Rig jerk baits without loosing the bait action just to keep it on the bottom.

ill be fishing on the pier's since i don't have a license for surf fishing yet..

i was just wondering if someone have done this kind of technique and had some success.

POST AWAY!!

dockboy
05-24-2011, 05:09 AM
If you are talking a floating jerk bait like a Rogue or Rapala type bait, or any of the floating minnow baits, yes, you can, although the presentation is different from fishing them the normal cast and retrieve style. If you are talking about a soft jerkbait like a Fluke, those will work too. Long sweeps of the rod followed by a good pause should do it.

archie10
05-24-2011, 02:20 PM
If you are talking a floating jerk bait like a Rogue or Rapala type bait, or any of the floating minnow baits, yes, you can, although the presentation is different from fishing them the normal cast and retrieve style. If you are talking about a soft jerkbait like a Fluke, those will work too. Long sweeps of the rod followed by a good pause should do it.

Yes.. im talking about the LuckyCraft Flash minnow, Rapala Jerkbaits..

thanks for the info :Big Grin:

tacklejunkie
05-24-2011, 06:45 PM
If you want your cranks down there..
Drop shot them.
Please crimp your barbs though man I hear they swallow the crankbaits every time when you drop shot them but I haven't tried myself.