PDA

View Full Version : PD and Ex fill the piggie viod

exfactor
05-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Looked at the tides, and it was where I wanted it to be around 1 this afternoon. Dave and i walked to the spot, and since he gets dressed in his waders at the spot, i got a head start. I was throwing the LC, and caught 2 fish one the first 3 casts. As I reminince about my education on the surf conditions, its really fulfilling to walk up to a spot, and know right where they will be. By the time dave had walked over to me, I had a good cushion of piggies ahead of him, and all of the perch were jumbo models. We had multiple double hookups, and proceeded to just pound em. When the dust settled, we had caught and released at least 50 today. We were both smiling at each other the whole time, and a bucketeer fishin with anchovies caught only one small fish right next to us in that hour window. dave got a 9" walleye today, and I got mama at 15 inches. glad I didn't listen to NOAA today, as waves were just right, and wind was minimal.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j249/exfactor1/IMG_0702.jpg

ghetto dad
05-22-2011, 06:37 PM
can I hire you as a surf guide?? lol....

damn man...NICE report Mikey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I havent been out in awhile..I need to get out

GD

Re8elmonk0341
05-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Nice report. Always nice to catch feeesh!

bones
05-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Great job Yoda of SB County !
I was looking at the conditions up your way yesterday Mikey and somehow I knew your were going to be on it for sure. The recent water temp drop is probably going to give you an extended piggie perch bite for a while....enjoy!
Thanks for the SWAT update from your little slice of heaven up there Buddy---------<><

Perchin' Dave
05-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Sorry about the lack of photos, I couldn't stop to take more because we were crankin' so many in. And since I use the iphone 4, it means taking it out of the plastic bag and watching the surf and holding on tight to the phone/camera.

And way to go Mikey about reading the water. You are getting extremely -dangerous-. A quick note on the LC versus the grub. The LC worked exceptionally well when the water was clear, mike caught all toads. As the water murked up and some veg came in, the bite went over to the grub. The overall fish were smaller, I broke off THREE times on rocks, the advantage of the LC, not on the bottom. My biggest today was 14" with good girth.

BUT hey, we had a blast. Good to be on the water again, PD Perchin' Dave.

Wingnut
05-22-2011, 09:45 PM
The Santa Barbara Yodas' are tearing it up! :Big Grin:
Mikey, that Chartreuse Shad LC is working wonders for ya. :Envious:
Dave, one of these days I'm going to hide your bag of grubs and force you to throw the LC. :LOL:
Got a plane to catch in the morning, be back later in the week. :Wink:
North or South next weekend... hmmmmmm, decisions, decisions...

DockRat
05-23-2011, 04:59 AM
That is some BIG Numbers. XLNT.
DR

murrieta angler
05-23-2011, 08:10 AM
50 fish!
Now that's what I'm talking about.
I tell myslef that one day I am only going to throw grubs, but never do.
Thanks for the Northern report guys,
Robert
<><

Which Way Out
05-23-2011, 08:19 AM
You guys have hooked up and make a great team. Those piggeees are taking a beating when you hit the water. Unlike you Mikey I did listen to the weather report and hunkered down after the beating Roy and I took on Sat. Still have water and sand in my ears.
Good job and tnx for another great report..
Bill

JapanRon
05-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi exfactor,

Nice report ... thanks for the good hint on conditions.

JapanRon