PDA

View Full Version : So was the Moon light fishing bad for everyone?

SDDave
05-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Launched around 9:15, about got ran over at the top of the ramp by some rude jerks in a skiboat, go figure...
We went out to prefish for the next night tournament.
But before we went out for bass tried a troll pattern for stripers, after a short pass will tell of there going to bite and they didn't.
So went off to dig some baits in the dirt, did that for awhile, fished the worm, nothing, so no use beating a dead Horst... Lol
I was beat, I'd been up since 4:00 am had a guide trip I did up at Pyramid, so I was more than tired.
So took off around midnight.
Hope other faired better than us?

Btbdodgers
05-22-2011, 01:47 PM
crappy for me too Dave, left around midnight too.

migfrias
05-22-2011, 09:22 PM
moon light at castic was minus moon light and fish>>>> poop! Got one bass at 2lbs with in the first 10 minutes. Thought the night was at least going to be a pick.....wrong!!!! thats fishing though.

miguel

HUNGRY
05-22-2011, 09:27 PM
It was bad for me too. I've never experienced a day there where I didn't at least catch one fish. Got there at 10 and left around 12:30.

Hitts0n
05-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah only 1 fish was caught from shore....it sucked over all.....

IN2DEEP
05-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Bummer...

It's too bad that they didn't have it at Pyramid Lake
Fishing is better there right now

laserbrn
05-23-2011, 09:02 AM
I found a huge school of stripers up near the same area that they had been earlier in the day and I sat on them pretty much all night just shootin' the **** with a friend and didn't get a bite. Had it been day time I wouldn't found a more active school, but I just ran up there in the darkness, kicked on the meter, found a huge ball and sat on it. Figured it was as good a chance as any to catch a fish, but nothing on board.

I tried trollin' the place on Sunday and didn't find anything either. Still lots of fish out really deep.

SDDave
05-23-2011, 10:13 AM
I found a huge school of stripers up near the same area that they had been earlier in the day and I sat on them pretty much all night just shootin' the **** with a friend and didn't get a bite. Had it been day time I wouldn't found a more active school, but I just ran up there in the darkness, kicked on the meter, found a huge ball and sat on it. Figured it was as good a chance as any to catch a fish, but nothing on board.

I tried trollin' the place on Sunday and didn't find anything either. Still lots of fish out really deep.

Interesting, I had the meter on the whole time while trolling and only saw a few marks from Sharron Rest all the way to Necktie Canyon, how deep and where did you find your huge school of stripers?

laserbrn
05-23-2011, 11:05 AM
About 40ft of water up in Elizabeth Canyon.

Coefficient13
05-23-2011, 11:10 AM
After all those trips to lake Castaic, moonlight fishing has become my first time skunked.

So, you know, I hate moonlight fishing now.

Even moreso, though, I hate and blame the moon itself.

I see it up there, mocking me.

SDDave
05-23-2011, 11:45 AM
About 40ft of water up in Elizabeth Canyon.

Good Deal, thats always one of the first places for stripers to congregate, doing a nooner today up there, I'll go back in the fisharm and see whats up.

fish-o-haulic
05-23-2011, 11:58 AM
After all those trips to lake Castaic, moonlight fishing has become my first time skunked.

So, you know, I hate moonlight fishing now.

Even moreso, though, I hate and blame the moon itself.

I see it up there, mocking me.

night fishing doesnt do me much good in general when i think about it. at lake san antonio me my brother my uncle his son his son in law and his nephew on his wife side were fishing all night. all we caught was a one 2lb catfish. at like 7:00 am after an all nighter.

pigdestroyer
05-23-2011, 03:31 PM
When do they allow night fishing on Castaic? I went Friday and they made us leave at 7:45pm.

fish-o-haulic
05-23-2011, 03:34 PM
When do they allow night fishing on Castaic? I went Friday and they made us leave at 7:45pm.

it was a specieal nigttime event on saturday. theres was fishing from 800pm to 200am

Krazzyyo
05-23-2011, 04:18 PM
good luck!

Coefficient13
05-23-2011, 06:16 PM
I had planned on rocking the upper lake soon... like tomorrow, but I think I may just stick to the lagoon till some reports make paddling the big lake sound more worth the effort.

Good thing about night fishing was seeing some rigs. Now I know the bait and wait rig I had wasn't far off the mark at all. So I'll be ready to dual rod license it up once you pros tell me I can shoot the fish in that particular barrel :)

It was also great to see so many people show up.

Hitts0n
05-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Here is this years moonlight fishing schedule....Pisses me off there isnt one for June ....

http://castaiclake.com/docs/2011/moonlight_fishing_2011.pdf

CL SmooV
05-24-2011, 08:57 PM
I was fishin the goon on the night of the event. slowwwwww. one buck bass @ 2 pounds. fished hard to try and find a pattern too.