PDA

View Full Version : Float tube help

Payduck
05-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Hey all, I am looking into getting a float tube for mainly the castaic lagoon.
I need help and advice on what tube i should get and what i am going to need and what waders i should get. I have been looking at the fishcat 4 and Bass pro has a sale on it. its something like $189 and it comes with fins.
let me know what you think.

Thanks a ton, Pat

Frequent Flyer
05-22-2011, 06:46 PM
i would recommend gettin the fish cat 4 or the deluxe version. i wldnt recommend getting those fins though becuase they dont work as well as others. i have a pair of hot spots and love them u can get them at turners or the bait shop at santa ana and corona lakes. hav also heard good reviews for the force fins

stocker
06-29-2011, 12:39 AM
I second the fish cat 4. you won't be dissappointed.

Liteweight
06-29-2011, 01:38 AM
I second the fish cat 4. you won't be dissappointed.

X3. I prefer force fins though (I bought mine when they were much, much cheaper, maybe 15+ years ago)!
Inspected a pair of Hot Spots when I visited Turners' a few weeks ago, was absolutely floored by the weight of them. Just one fin seemed to weight as much as my pair of force fins (seriously). I didn't realize they were that heavy!!! :Shocked: :EyePop:
Keep and eye on ebay for the force fins (very rare find).
LW

STOPBUGGING
06-29-2011, 02:34 AM
go with the fish cat4 and force fins...

Fish Hard

Kelster
06-29-2011, 06:48 AM
I have fish cat 4 ($185) and got my force fins from Sports Chalet for $50.00 (close out mgr's special). Force Fins move me through the water good, I haven't tried any other ones. Get the best float tube you can afford and get what you can for fins until you can afford force or hot spots.
Good Luck, it is the only way to fish. Being that in touch with the water, literally, helps you decide what the fish might be biting.