PDA

View Full Version : Crappie Classic Results and Pictures

VineAssist
05-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Well folks the 2nd Annual Crappie Classic is in the books and what a tournament it was. 24 angles checked in limits of Crappie and 23 anglers checked in their kicker fish. Action was fast and furious from the get go with anglers reporting action along the flats and cliffs area with the 2" jigging grub rigged on a 1/16oz ballhead and on the Atomic tubes and teasers. Some anglers reported catching them on the troll as well.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/Elaine-1.jpg
Elaine Dickerhoof and Marty Sauceda where one of the first anglers to check in this morining. Elaines five fish limit went 5.6lbs witha 1.2 kicker fish while Martys limit went 5.2 with a 1.0 kicker.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/P1040332.jpg
April Christopher shows that catching fish is in her blood, her dad is Taper Steve and her mom recently won the kiddie rod challange. April poses here with her five fish limit of Crappie that went 5.10
Seth Dubois and his Grandfather both check in with limits of good Crappie. Seth's limit went 7.8lbs with a 1.10 kciker fish! While his grandfathers limit went 4.0 with a 1.0 kicker fish. Would Seth's weight hold up?
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/Seth-1.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/IMG_2754.jpg
Here are the heaviest stringer results!
1. Seth Dubois 7.08 lbs
2. Catalin Niculae 5.12 lbs 6:39pm
3. Steven Christopher 5.12 6:40pm
4. Danny Pinel 5.10 12:49pm
5. April Christopher 5.10 4:24pm
6. John Montgomery 5.10 6:32pm
7. Elaine Dickerhoof 5.06 10:31am
8. Joel Prieto 5.06 5:53pm
9. Nathan Niculae 5.06 6:38pm
10. Josh Marcellus 5.04 6:03pm
Congratulations to all the winners!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/bigfishtop3.jpg
pictured above are the top 3 heaviest fish!
and the top 10
. Seth Dubois 1.10lb
2. Danny Pinel 1.08lb
3. Brandon Woodward 1.04lb 10:02 am
4. Catalin Niculae 1.04 6:39pm
5. Elaine Dickerhoof 1.02 10:31 am
6. Phil Hildebrandt 1.02 10:31am
7. Jason Mullen 1.02lb 1:46pm
8. Matt Baldridge 1.02 2:41 pm
9. Steven Christopher 1.02 4:23 pm
10. Josh Marcellus 1.02 6:03pm
Congratulations to all the winners!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/Sethbgfish-1.jpg
And here it is the big fish of the tournament..
Seth Dubois of Orange with his 1.10 Crappie taken on a Gulp 2" jigging minnow.

Hope you all had a great time and I look foward to seeing you all again reely (yes i meant to misspell that) soon.

Troutcz swimbait
05-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Nice going on the slabs.

diamondbear
05-22-2011, 02:50 PM
WOW , Nice fish people . Good to see the kids in the action .

bruce watson
05-22-2011, 05:14 PM
I heard a rumor that Seth had taken a seminar on crappie fishing just before this tournament. I figure the seminar must have been given by Marlon's Dad, cause he and Seth are the only two I've seen catch crappie that big. With all that big prize money, I bet Seth is the newest holder of the Toys R Us gold card.

Congratulation on a nice win young man. And April, I'm sure all of team 57 is proud of you. I know that I am.

See Chris Fish
05-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Fishing this tourney was a lot of fun. The mini-Team 57 (5 of us), pre-party in line was a blast. Great BBQ and laughs.
I've never specifically targeted crappie before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. They're a hoot to catch. We ended up going with a drift method. You'd get to the school and it was on. Motor upwind and do it again. We had a triple hook ups on one pass. Most boats were doing it and everyone was working with each other.
I've never been in such a situation (wind, LOTS of boats/lines in water, types of watercraft in such a very tight area) and had NO ISSUES. Not once during the day did I hear anyone yell at another boater. Everyone was just flowing with it. It was incredible!!

Great vibes coming from the entire group out there. Someone scored a 5+ lbs Wiper(?). He fought it for a good 10 minutes of fighting and everyone was cheering him on. Kids landing ones and other boaters calling out congrats.

Long day as the tourney started at 6am and ended at 7pm, but well worth the wait. Bite picked up later in the day, so the late ending was perfect. I got my first at 3:15pm and I limited out.
Lots of goodies and cash given away.
Can't wait till next years. I know it'll only get better.

Congrats to Seth for the win.

Congrats to April for showing us how it's done and being such a great sport!!!

Oh, we, and a lot of others, were catching trout in fairly shallow water. The colors of the trout were awesome.

See ya.

crappiemike
05-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Nice job you guys!!!!! Hopefully next
year i can fish it.............

Cm

troutdog
05-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Wtg Steve and April, by what Chris posted it sounded like a perfect day....had Dad's 80th B-Day to celebrate otherwise I woulda made it out. Congrats to all the lucky anglers!

TD

fishtales
05-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Fishing this tourney was a lot of fun. The mini-Team 57 (5 of us), pre-party in line was a blast. Great BBQ and laughs.
I've never specifically targeted crappie before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. They're a hoot to catch. We ended up going with a drift method. You'd get to the school and it was on. Motor upwind and do it again. We had a triple hook ups on one pass. Most boats were doing it and everyone was working with each other.
I've never been in such a situation (wind, LOTS of boats/lines in water, types of watercraft in such a very tight area) and had NO ISSUES. Not once during the day did I hear anyone yell at another boater. Everyone was just flowing with it. It was incredible!!

Great vibes coming from the entire group out there. Someone scored a 5+ lbs Wiper(?). He fought it for a good 10 minutes of fighting and everyone was cheering him on. Kids landing ones and other boaters calling out congrats.

Long day as the tourney started at 6am and ended at 7pm, but well worth the wait. Bite picked up later in the day, so the late ending was perfect. I got my first at 3:15pm and I limited out.
Lots of goodies and cash given away.
Can't wait till next years. I know it'll only get better.

Congrats to Seth for the win.

Congrats to April for showing us how it's done and being such a great sport!!!

Oh, we, and a lot of others, were catching trout in fairly shallow water. The colors of the trout were awesome.

See ya.

Where you the guys in the pontoon boat at Santiago flats? I kept hearing hook-up or something to that effect. Looked like you were having a blast. Drifting in the afternoon?

I was the gal fishing in the red float tube with black and yellow oars. Had a blast out there.

JimmisLine
05-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Great report. Thanks.

See Chris Fish
05-23-2011, 11:37 AM
fishtales:

Yep that was us. I thought I saw you get a couple too. Lots of fun. Great crowd.

Josh
05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
It was an awesome day. Never targeted crappie on purpose before but had a lot of fun catching them and being able to talk with everyone while fishing. It was a really fun day, placing was just the icing on the cake.

Hometown
05-23-2011, 04:06 PM
what a fun day it was great seeing everyone.I didnt place as I was trying for a couple of kickers and released a few I should of kept But fishing partner Dan Pinnel got 2 nd big fish and 4th for limit

5150fishn
05-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Bummed that I missed this one but glad to see our crew well represented in the top 10. Way to go April and boys!