PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. 2 Counties, 9 Fish..............no pics

murrieta angler
05-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Told myself, last night, to wake up at 4:00 am this morning. Opened my eyes and it was 3:40...:Smile:
Loaded up the truck and hoped that the waves and swell weren't already monstrous.
Arrived at Carlsbad right at 5:05, outside temp was 62, no winds and expected swell of 5-7 feet with waves 1-2 above head.
It was a negative low today and the spot I chose would not produce for almost an hour. Finally, I get hit and reel in a 10" sand bass. Get it off the LC and start casting again, minutes later an almost 12" decided to play but got all irate when I reeled it in...:Big Grin:
It was now low tide and I decided to look at some structure that hadn't been producing lately. As I arrive to my spot I realize why I wasn't catching anything....:Embarrassed:
When I put the spot in my memory bank I put it on the wrong side of my land marker...DUH!!!
So I started casting, and a few casts in I get a small YFC on the board. I release it and start casting again, boom, got a nice 10" BSP.
Well, I will not forget that spot again in the future.:Secret:
The waves were really starting to pick up and the surfers started showing up, so that was my que to bail...:Smile:
I then decided to hit up NPH for the incoming high tide. I had bought some swimmies and used the 1/4 oz lead heads that Hesbros gave me...:Wink:
Get to the spot and first cast I get hit and then I miss...:Angry:
Guess it's gonna be one of those days.
I proceed North and get hit again and lose it again...:Angry:
I get to the next spot, get a fish on and lose it again!!! :Angry:
DANG, so far 0-3...:Rolls Eyes:
I move on up and finally get a small SBB...:Big Grin:
OK, it's gonna be all right now...:Cool:
I continue to fish and get a nice big hit, it starts to run, I start to reel in and then it runs some more and more and more and, "OH CRAP!" I lost another one...:Embarrassed:
It finally turned around for me and I caught my next 2 SBB, both dinks.
Right after I caught the other 2 a few young men showed up and were fishing behind me.
One of the guys caught up to me and we started talking about fishing, Jackson, said his parents dropped him off to fish and would be arriving shortly to pick him up.
The other young man, Travis, walked up to us and said the 3rd guy got picked up already.
We fished together for about an hour and talked about,,,,you guessed it....FISHING!
I ended up farming a total of 6 SBB and eneded up catching 5, not one was legal size.
I was going to make it a 3 county day, but decided to stop at my brothers house and eat some lunch.
I ended up staying till 5:40 then said my goodbye's to the family
Turned out to be an allright day and I was glad I got out...:Razz:
Take Care Everyone,
Robert
<><

Which Way Out
05-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Getting out is what its all about Robert.You showed em you were there but with that many Wiffs are you sure your not playing for the Dodgers? JK
Went out today and tried 2 spots and not even a bite. Water is cold here.
Keep it up, I may be down there soon to see you work (fish)

Bill
l
l
l__ _______
l/l. ,[___:Thumbs Up:],
l---l_ -=olllllllo_
()_) ()_)-~--)_)

murrieta angler
05-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Getting out is what its all about Robert.You showed em you were there but with that many Wiffs are you sure your not playing for the Dodgers? JK

Bill
l
l
l__ _______
l---l_ -=olllllllo_
()_) ()_)-~--)_)

I told my agent I will NEVER play for the Doyers!!!
Plus, my cousin plays for the Giants...:Smile: That would be blasphemy.
I don't know, seems the last couple trips out, I've been kinda feeling sluggish ( no baseabll pun intended)
Take care Bill,
Robert
<><

Wingnut
05-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Not too bad of a session despite the rough conditions Robert. I must say, you are a die-hard, your dedication to the sport is very commendable. :Big Grin: I decided to come back into town last night and popped out to a local area for a couple of hours this morning with Bones & ToadsToadsOnly... way too rough, browned-out and salad-fest condition. :Neutral: Hopefully, things will settle by next weekend and I may head back down your way and fish with you & Justin. :Wink:

Re8elmonk0341
05-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the report bro. Gives me hope that there IS fish in San Diego waters haha

GETBIT!
05-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Thats too funny fished lido this morning had to of farmed 6 or 7 fish & called it a day

Jaysuuun
05-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Robert, nice session. Although you farmed a few SBB, I'm glad to hear that you hooked a few. They can be pretty finicky sometimes. Im itching to do more surf fishing and try out some new LC's. Maybe sometime this week. Still learning how to read swell reports/conditions. :Confused:

jerryG
05-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Considering the waves/ swell were over head I would say you did pretty well on the beach. At least you were getting bites and hooking fish when you went to the bay. I will take some lost fish over not getting bit at all any day. Thanks for the report my Robert. Hope to fish with you and the rest of the guys sometime soon. Good to hear you have been making out and putting a hurt on the fish. Well done my friend.. Keep up the good work.

JerryG

klocked
05-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Trooper!! good job out there Robert! I know how you feel about those Spotties dropping the bait.
It's almost as if they know something's up and decide to play games with ya!
I'm doing a mop up session from the tube this morning at NPH.

DockRat
05-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Good effort in the high surf. :Farmer:
DR

Newfishsmell
05-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Nice drive , fresh air and you got some fish !
Sounds like another great day ... :Smile:

bones
05-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Oh Boy.......Another great play by play. Sorry bro.........I was in a cell phone vortex when you sent me a text that you were heading out. Wound up catching a panty fish with Arthur while the pea soup tried to kill us!!
Great job sticking it out Robert......Your an animal !

exfactor
05-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Bones, define "panty fish"

Wingnut
05-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Bones, define "panty fish"

Here ya go Mikey, I think that it was his PB. :Big Smile:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut%208/Wingnut%209/016-1.jpg

exfactor
05-22-2011, 10:01 PM
that "is" a new PB I'm sure Arthur!!!!

exfactor
05-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Wheres the pic of what he pulled it off of?

Wingnut
05-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Wheres the pic of what he pulled it off of?

I wish I could report that it was a clean catch & release. But the "Mermaid" proved to be quite elusive and was just toying with poor Bones. At least she left him with a parting gift... :ROFL:

Sorry for the thread jack Robert. :LOL:

TroutKings3
05-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Nice to meet you, Robert, glad to see you got into some fish after I saw you miss a few!

Travis

sidified
05-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Great effort in some snotty conditions, Murrieta...I couldn't resist wetting a line last Friday...Waded into the washing machine swells at northern SMB and pulled in nothing but Veggie Delight.
Cheers

bsp
05-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Robert,
You're definitely one of the most intense surf fishermen I've met! Going out there in conditions that would keep most guys (including me) off the sand, and then catching some more exotic surf species like those sandbass. Finally, you finish off the day in the harbor with some SBB with plans to continue on. Major props, and look forward to fishing with ya soon!

Marc

murrieta angler
05-23-2011, 07:39 PM

Bill
l
l
l__ _______
l---l_ -=olllllllo_
()_) ()_)-~--)_)

I told my agent I will NEVER play for the Doyers!!!
Plus, my cousin plays for the Giants...:Smile: That would be blasphemy.
I don't know, seems the last couple trips out, I've been kinda feeling sluggish ( no baseabll pun intended)
Take care Bill,
Robert
<><

Not too bad of a session despite the rough conditions Robert. I must say, you are a die-hard, your dedication to the sport is very commendable. :Big Grin: I decided to come back into town last night and popped out to a local area for a couple of hours this morning with Bones & ToadsToadsOnly... way too rough, browned-out and salad-fest condition. :Neutral: Hopefully, things will settle by next weekend and I may head back down your way and fish with you & Justin. :Wink:

hey Arthur,
It's my wifes weekend off, so you know what that means....
I will most definately do Friday though.
Supposed to be sunny, high tide at 6:52, water temps should be around 62 and the swell should be 3-5 ( do-able) and the surf waist high.
Take care,
Robert
<><

Thanks for the report bro. Gives me hope that there IS fish in San Diego waters haha

Your welcome Re8el.
Robert
<><

Thats too funny fished lido this morning had to of farmed 6 or 7 fish & called it a day

Really!!
The young men I fished with said they caught legals over the in the morning.
Robert
<><

Robert, nice session. Although you farmed a few SBB, I'm glad to hear that you hooked a few. They can be pretty finicky sometimes. Im itching to do more surf fishing and try out some new LC's. Maybe sometime this week. Still learning how to read swell reports/conditions. :Confused:

Hey Jason,
Should be pretty good Thursday and Friday.
Robert
<><

Considering the waves/ swell were over head I would say you did pretty well on the beach. At least you were getting bites and hooking fish when you went to the bay. I will take some lost fish over not getting bit at all any day. Thanks for the report my Robert. Hope to fish with you and the rest of the guys sometime soon. Good to hear you have been making out and putting a hurt on the fish. Well done my friend.. Keep up the good work.

JerryG

Is work that busy, that you can't get out and fish!?!
Thanks for the kind words jerry.
Robert
<><

Trooper!! good job out there Robert! I know how you feel about those Spotties dropping the bait.
It's almost as if they know something's up and decide to play games with ya!
I'm doing a mop up session from the tube this morning at NPH.

Hey John,
So how did you do from the tube?
Robert
<><

Good effort in the high surf. :Farmer:
DR

It wasn't too bad in the early A.M.
Robert
<><

Nice drive , fresh air and you got some fish !
Sounds like another great day ... :Smile:

Thank You Chuck.
I most always enjoy my time out at the beach.
Robert
<><

Oh Boy.......Another great play by play. Sorry bro.........I was in a cell phone vortex when you sent me a text that you were heading out. Wound up catching a panty fish with Arthur while the pea soup tried to kill us!!
Great job sticking it out Robert......Your an animal !

I just figured you were out with one of your many ladies!!
I saw the panties and just put 2 and 2 together...LOL
Robert
<><

Here ya go Mikey, I think that it was his PB. :Big Smile:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut%208/Wingnut%209/016-1.jpg

Those panties seem quite large.....my kind of women!!
Robert
<><

Nice to meet you, Robert, glad to see you got into some fish after I saw you miss a few!

Travis

Hey Travis,
Good meeting you and Jackson.
I'm sure we will run into each other again in the future.
Robert
<><

Great effort in some snotty conditions, Murrieta...I couldn't resist wetting a line last Friday...Waded into the washing machine swells at northern SMB and pulled in nothing but Veggie Delight.
Cheers

Thanks Sid,
And CHEERS to you.
Robert
<><

Robert,
You're definitely one of the most intense surf fishermen I've met! Going out there in conditions that would keep most guys (including me) off the sand, and then catching some more exotic surf species like those sandbass. Finally, you finish off the day in the harbor with some SBB with plans to continue on. Major props, and look forward to fishing with ya soon!

Marc

Hey Marc,
It was cool running into Nick and yourself.
I tried one of theose swimmies you gave me and I lost it on the first cast.
Take care I and look forward to sharing the sand with the 2 of you.
Robert
<><