PDA

View Full Version : Planning help

Baseballer44
08-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok, heres the deal: Taking my older sister and her boyfriend out tomorrow morning, and with me being the captain I am in charge of finding the fish. I love to fish the Shoe, but I have heard the bite has slowed there and picked up at the flats. So go to the flats, right? Not sure about that. The wind has been picking up early so when we need to go find a place for shelter, I would like to head to Point Fermin, which would be too far of a trip from the flats in bad weather.

So enough of the blabber. What do you guys think? Should I go to the somewhat-slowed horseshoe kelp and fish the point when the weather worsens, or do I go to the flats and risk a short time of good bites which leads to find the only shelter in the breakwater? Or should I get a life and not care so much?

Baseballer44
08-07-2007, 09:17 PM
ok i guess ill take this silence as i need to get a life and not care so much. thanks guys! :thumb:

Tail Chaser
08-09-2007, 09:06 PM
The bites always changing. And you never want to risk scaring anyone on board. So I would go where the calm water is. Probably the shoe, then up to Firmin. I would think everyone would enjoy being on the water, and the views you get off the point even if the fishing didnt turn out to good.
Theres always a next time to try again for the fish limits.
But if someone gets scared of the water conditions, They may never step foot on a boat again. IMHO
:oops: Looking at the dates,You already went out yesterday.
What did you decide on? The Cortes Bank? :lol: :lol:

Baseballer44
08-09-2007, 10:43 PM
haha. of course we just played it safe and went to the shoe and the point. there were plenty of macks and a few cudas, which were great for them who just wanted to catch something. caught a perch giving birth which they loved too. Then we went to the point, caught some tiny skulpin and a few more macks and called it a day.

they loved being on the water and are looking forward to the next time they can come out. good thing i get a chance to fish whenever I want, because tomorrow im heading out with my dad and we are going to the flats and gonna see if we can find the bolsa artificial reef. so that makes up for wednesday no problem.

Tail Chaser
08-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Good deal, Everyone had fun and caught some fishys :thumb: