PDA

View Full Version : Lake Elizabeth crappie time at the lake today

fishfinder
05-20-2011, 08:12 PM
What more could you ask for than a warm, nonwindy day in the high desert. I know a warm nonwindy day at the lake, with fish biting. Well thats just what I got today.
Took the float tube out about 10:30 before I got the first cast out. Wasn't looking very promising at first, but as I tuned into what they wanted and how they wanted it presented to them, the bite was on. Stayed for about 2.5 hours and caught Afew over a limit of 25, and and kept 25 of them. No pictures cause I am to embarrassed to show the size of the fish I kept. But They all got filleted anyways. I have been seeing nothing but small crappie in this lake for a long time. It's now time to lighten the herd so the others can get bigger. So go on and get em while they are biting. They are in about 8' of water or less. Bobber 5-6' down with a crappie jig(white) and white crappie nugget. :LOL::Big Grin:

TUNAVIC
05-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Cool,gotta love them crappie!

etucker1959
05-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Is this the same lake Elizabeth, by Castaic lake?

HBAR
05-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Probably, the one and only time I went out on the water there I saw a 55 gallon drum with a radiation sticker on it a long time ago, never been back since!

fishfinder
05-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Is this the same lake Elizabeth, by Castaic lake?

its almost 30 miles away.