PDA

View Full Version : PM trip aboard the NEW DEL MAR

Ambassadorhawg
08-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Decided to stay a little closer to home this week since the local bite has pretty much fallen on it's face all over the place.

Hadn't been on the NDM in at least a few years. Ricky was running the boat. I though it would be Rick, the owner but it was nice talking to Ricky instead. He is about to leave So Cal and move to Idaho, I think? This is his last week on the boat. I wished him luck when I got off the boat.

Well, the bite was tough but I knew that going into it today. They had been getting a little snap on the Gar late in the afternoon for few days in a row. That's why I jumped on this boat.

The Gar didn't cooperate at all except for a little tease in the last 15-20 minutes of the trip. Only a few were landed and they really didn't want the iron.

I did get a few Sculpin, a nice Calico on the duck, 2 short flatties on bait and loads of Mackerel on the iron. That's about how most did today. We had a light load of only 17 so there was plenty of space to throw the iron today including the stern. Near the end of the trip, the crew did some heavy chumming to get the fish excited and I did see a handful of nicer Sandies and Calicos come up and over the rail.

Water was clean green, wind was blowing about 15 out of the WSW. Bait was perfect, medium sized healthy Anchovy.

k3vin_kim
08-07-2007, 09:10 PM
damn mike. Must be nice to be able to go fishing in the middle of the week.

Ambassadorhawg
08-08-2007, 08:00 AM
That's one of the beneifits of being a small business owner. You get to make your own hours. But that is all going to change in the first week of September when my Daughter starts Kindergarden! Oh, dread!!!

ghetto dad
08-08-2007, 06:03 PM
damn mike. Must be nice to be able to go fishing in the middle of the week.

lol...i concur kevin......

thanks for the report man,.......

marzocchi
08-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Rick is a good captain. He knows the bay like the back of his hand. Always put me on some fish. I fish the new del mar frequently. Now I hope the Rick passes on the super secert spot to the other Rick. But I know, some spot will never be revealed again :cry: