PDA

View Full Version : Lake perris - help!!!!

cubano3107
05-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Guys, my girlfriend asked me to take her fishing!!! HELL YEAH!!! She has never fished before, this would be her first time fishing. I want to make sure she catches something so that she will get hooked on fishing. I want to take her to Perris for some blueguill and crappie action, but i havent fished that lake in about 3 years... any tips on areas, bait, and rigs will be really appreciated. THANKS!!!!

SirBluegill
05-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Hey Cubano,
Great places to start would be the Sail Cove pier or the Marina because even if you don't catch anything you can watch the schools of bluegill and shad around the surface. (use some polarized sunglasses). Also bring/use sunscreen or a large umbrella, gf's usually don't like baking out in the sun, it will get them to fish longer. As for bait crickets, meal worms, and red worms work good.

For setups check out some previous lake Perris threads I know Tunagod describes and post pictures of a setup in this thread http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?56784-Perris-lake-Sat-May-14th-wide-open-redear-bite

Heres is a few other threads related to bluegill/redear reports
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?56484-Perris-shore-fishing
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?56060-Fun-day-at-Lake-Perris

Also try out some circle hooks for the gf, so if she doesn't have a fast reaction to the bite, there still be a good chance the bluegill will get hooked in the corner of the mouth. So you don't spend your time taking hooks out of the fish. Here is a thread on them.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?56046-Circle-hooks-are-awesome!

I wish the best of luck to you out there in fishing and getting the girlfriend hooked. I mean hooked on fishing not on a real hook. ---Anthony

cubano3107
05-19-2011, 12:51 PM
SirBluegill, Thank you so much for the detailed response. I will try that this weekend and hopefully i'll hook my girlfriend (into fishing of course) hahahaha Thanks a lot.

Sublime-Steve
05-19-2011, 02:17 PM
lite line for bg and re red worms crickets meal worms , as for lures panther martin's work good on the RE drop shot the purple worm for bass or fly line a wacky rigged senko

TheAsianGuy
05-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Hey Steve or guys, you know where to get a hunk of live crickets and bait worms for cheap? they're getting freaking expensive. Walmart is good for the meal worms, but common on, fat crawlers are already $6. I can raise them better at home for a freaking cheaper price. Crickets..that's a different story.

tunagod1
05-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Sorry Dude, fishing is a thing the guys do to get away from the females at home, we get to belch, fart, spit, smoke, drink, pick our nose, scratch our *** and come home smelling like fish, without getting any crap. I use to fish with my wife (when she was a girlfriend) until she told me she would really rather be at the Mall spending money (after we were married). No problem, I fish, she spends money, Been married 27 years.

Well good luck with that, hope it turns out

Tuna out

TheAsianGuy
05-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Hm..don't know about that. I'm married for 11 years..wife and I still fish like two eagles chasing fishes..But that's just plain rare. Got myself the golden fish? LOL

Sorry Dude, fishing is a thing the guys do to get away from the females at home, we get to belch, fart, spit, smoke, drink, pick our nose, scratch our *** and come home smelling like fish, without getting any crap. I use to fish with my wife (when she was a girlfriend) until she told me she would really rather be at the Mall spending money (after we were married). No problem, I fish, she spends money, Been married 27 years.

Well good luck with that, hope it turns out

Tuna out

brad1
05-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Haha ya my wife would way rather go spendin some money at the mall for sure I igree with tuna man all the way :)

tunagod1
05-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Two eagles chasing fishes,

Maybe I should have prefaced my comment with "generally speaking" Didn't mean to offend anyone. Its cool you have a woman that likes to fish. I would hope that means she sets up her own rod, baits her own hook, removes her own fish, cleans the fish and boat; then, I say new fishing partner. If not, I'd rather fish with the boys. Just sayin, given the choice, would the majority women fish or shop??

Tuna out

fishmounter
05-21-2011, 10:22 AM
TheAsianGuy- I sent you a PM...
tunagod1- Sent you a PM (yesterday)

Sublime-Steve
05-21-2011, 04:46 PM
I bet jeff knows a good spot for crickets, his were nice lookin, I wish I had a wife who loved to fish as much as I do.. maybe 1 of these days..

TheAsianGuy
05-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Yep, Jeff pm-ed me. Didn't get the message from TunaGod though. Didn't know there was a nice loaded store just a few minutes from my place. We'll be having quite a bit of fun in the water next weekends with the loaded batch of crickets and worms.

smokehound
05-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Put her on lures!!!!! Have her play around with some grubs and bass worms!!

If she gets hooked into a bass, she'll be Stoked!

TheAsianGuy
05-21-2011, 06:48 PM
:ROFL: Dude! I missed your comment! no offense taken. It's true 99%. Women would rather shop than fish. I can truly say that I got lucky. Here's a photo of the entire family hitting the Lake Gregory a few months ago. We were there at 2am, and fished until 7pm the same day. We took turn in taking care of the kids, and managing the rods, baits, and fish cleaning, not just for us, for another family of 6 as well. She might not be efficient in cleaning the fishes, but she's not afraid to dig her fingers into any kind of bait, or the razor hooks we're using. Let's just say that she loves to raise worms for fun, and use them for fishing and the gardens. My kids are inheriting the same traits from us. They're love to handle bugs for baits. Can't say the same for their minor allergic reaction to the bug stings :LOL:

If you guys want my wife to influence yours and have the girls return back to nature, let them hang out. She might be able to convert them into lean-mean-fisherwomen *LOL*

Didn't mean to offend anyone. Its cool you have a woman that likes to fish. I would hope that means she sets up her own rod, baits her own hook, removes her own fish, cleans the fish and boat; then, I say new fishing partner. If not, I'd rather fish with the boys. Just sayin, given the choice, would the majority women fish or shop??

NickX3
05-21-2011, 06:51 PM
me and my wife will be out tomorrow morning

eddiefishtaco
05-21-2011, 07:12 PM
nightcrawler under a bobbler catches averything for girls
my daughter has landed everything from a 14 # striped bass to a 1/4 pound blue gill
on the same set up, make shure you bring bubble gum for her
to try to keep her from talking too much, it works with my daughter for like 2-3 minutes

TheAsianGuy
05-21-2011, 07:21 PM
I got to try that on my son. My daughter is more into the checking the poles, and wait patiently next to them for the bites, then she'll scream. My son on the other hand chat like a hen house with all the anglers all along the shore.

make shure you bring bubble gum for her
to try to keep her from talking too much, it works with my daughter for like 2-3 minutes