PDA

View Full Version : good place for big hammers in anaheim/orange?

smokehound
05-18-2011, 03:37 PM
trying to find a store nearby that sells big hammers, but on the swimbait.com website, couldnt find any near me.

Any stores that sell ALL the colors? Trying to get some wookie-whackers, pearl and white zombies.. Tried grantboys, but they never have the colors I need.. Dont wanna buy them online, either.

So far, every store I visit only has certain colors, and many dont have the colors I like..

lovefofish
05-18-2011, 04:09 PM
anglers center right down the street from grant boys has a great selection.cool guys too

5150fishn
05-18-2011, 04:13 PM
I would give Fisherman's Access in Brea a call. I believe they have a good selection but it has been awhile so I would definatley call first.

DarkShadow
05-18-2011, 04:24 PM
It's not very cost effective to stock ALL colors of anything. Business would go under every 5 minutes. They'll stock the most popular of anything.

That's why if you're looking for specific colors, it's best you start calling tackle stores, or bite the bullet and get it online; online shops don't have that much over head, which can enable them to have a better selection than a place that has to pay rent, insurance, employees, benefits, etc, etc...

Any reason why you don't wanna get them online? I've found a more pleasurable experience shopping online, than dealing with traffic, long drives, out of stocks, back orders, people that have no clue what they're talking about yet got hired at a fishing shop, etc, etc.

smokehound
05-18-2011, 04:48 PM
It's not very cost effective to stock ALL colors of anything. Business would go under every 5 minutes. They'll stock the most popular of anything.

That's why if you're looking for specific colors, it's best you start calling tackle stores, or bite the bullet and get it online; online shops don't have that much over head, which can enable them to have a better selection than a place that has to pay rent, insurance, employees, benefits, etc, etc...

Any reason why you don't wanna get them online? I've found a more pleasurable experience shopping online, than dealing with traffic, long drives, out of stocks, back orders, people that have no clue what they're talking about yet got hired at a fishing shop, etc, etc. These are the colors I'm lookin for

"White Zombie"

"Kelp kritter"

"Fongfish"

"Christmas tree"

"WrathChild"

"Motor-oil Red"

"Redrum"

"ClearRed"

"Pearl"

I really dont wanna pay shipping.

BRING IT
05-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Did you try......... Longfin on chapman in orange.

smokehound
05-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Did you try......... Longfin on chapman in orange.Been there.. Last time I was there, They had a small selection.. Very few colors I prefer, there.. I do think they carry wookie-whackers, which are similar to White Zombies.. I'll give them a call and see what's up. Thanks for your help, guys.

exfactor
05-18-2011, 05:08 PM
I live right by his factory in Goleta. He has it all there

AngryAgent
05-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Been there.. Last time I was there, They had a small selection.. Very few colors I prefer, there.. I do think they carry wookie-whackers, which are similar to White Zombies.. I'll give them a call and see what's up. Thanks for your help, guys.

When's the last time you were at our store? We have what I think is a very good selection of Hammer swimbaits. Actually we have a whole wall dedicated to them and in different sizes.

Scotto
05-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Was just in Sav-On Tackle in Santa Fe Springs today. They have a ton of them in what seems to be all colors and sizes.

smokehound
05-18-2011, 06:30 PM
When's the last time you were at our store? We have what I think is a very good selection of Hammer swimbaits. Actually we have a whole wall dedicated to them and in different sizes.quite a while, ago, actually.. Forgive me if your selection has increased. Perhaps I'll swing by tomorrow.

Do you have the colors I listed?

fishingfool9
05-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Fishermans Access in brea has tons of big hammer.

sullyfish
05-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Jimmys Outdoors(Anaheim) and The Longfin would be good places to check out

AngryAgent
05-18-2011, 06:49 PM
quite a while, ago, actually.. Forgive me if your selection has increased. Perhaps I'll swing by tomorrow.

Do you have the colors I listed?

No worries, and I didn't take it as an insult, more of an opportunity to make posters aware of what we carry:Envious:
I would have to believe that we have most of those colors if not all of them although I am not completely familiar with their names since I just grab the ones I consistently use by way of color and not by name:Embarrassed: You can call the store ahead of time though to save yourself a trip just to be sure and if you wait until Saturday or Sunday I will be working and would be more then happy to help you out! Any of the guys working though are all willing to help you out at anytime I just like to meet fisherman from the boards.

sullyfish
05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Longfin should everyone of those colors in 4" & 5"

The 3" selection is not as large(yet) as the bigger baits

AngryAgent
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Longfin should everyone of those colors in 4" & 5"

The 3" selection is not as large(yet) as the bigger baits

3" will have the same collection of the larger baits here shortly.

smokehound
05-18-2011, 08:37 PM
3" will have the same collection of the larger baits here shortly.sweet, that was my gripe to begin with, its the 3-inchers that I need, though 4-inch is fine. Lots of stores generally focus on the 4-inch hammers

Let me know when they come in!

FishinElectrician
05-19-2011, 06:19 AM
I live right by his factory in Goleta. He has it all therehis factory in Goleta? What does he need a factory for when his baits are made in China?

Dr. MindBendo
05-19-2011, 08:02 AM
I would say try Longfin. I think they're selection is actually quite impressive compared to other tackle shops.

billy b
05-19-2011, 10:03 AM
OTOH ... is anybody using them for trout fishing (where and how?) ... just or saltwater? Might want to pull one at Bports just for grins ...

sonarbp
05-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Jimmy's Outdoors on Tustin next to SARL has a large selection at great prices.

Slick Rick
05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Another one... a little further from you then others mentioned is Fishermans Hardware in Long Beach.

They have, what I believe to be a great selection of hammers from 3" to 6"+

And a healthy selection of heads made by various mfg.

AND... they sell them individually so you don't have to buy entire packs to test them.

-Rick

smokehound
05-19-2011, 12:13 PM
OTOH ... is anybody using them for trout fishing (where and how?) ... just or saltwater? Might want to pull one at Bports just for grins ...they work for both salt and freshwater.

In fact, many of their colors are designed for freshwater, like rainbow trout, rob's bluegill, etc..

Went to the Longfin, they had NEARLY all the colors I needed, Only ones I couldnt find in 4 inch were Pearl and Wookie Whacker, but they had all the other good ones. I'll go here from now on, excellent selection.

I may have been thinking of a different store.. Thank you all for your help.