PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Craft Lures

campeontri
05-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site and I have some questions in regards to the lucky craft lures. What pound test works best? Which kind of reel "conventional or spinning" will cast the furthest for this lure? How do you retrieve the lure "fast or slow? Does the lure sink?

I got tired of carrying live bait around to fish for the halibut. I remember that eight years ago I saw success from this lure but I was disappointed when a sales man at a store told me not to buy the lure because of the price. I regret not buying the lure because eight years later I still see the sucess you guys have had. Thank you and I hope I can make friends from future postingss

bsp
05-18-2011, 01:47 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?41562-Intro-So-you-want-to-catch-halibut-from-the-surf

That's a more detailed response above, but in short: Straight 10lb-14lb mono/fluoro or 30lb-50lb braid with a 10lb-14lb mono/fluoro leader. Whichever type of reel you are comfortable with, but most guys who throw LCs a lot use 100 or 200 size baitcasters. Slow and steady retrieve. The LCs do not sink. They will crank down to 2-3ft and then suspend.

Good luck!