PDA

View Full Version : Polarized glasses

desertfisherman11
05-18-2011, 12:49 PM
What should be the minimum amount to spend
60 I dont know so help

i feed fish
05-18-2011, 01:11 PM
price is not nearly as important as quality, If you want the best I would not waste any of your time and money on cheap stuff and just buy a pair of Oakley polarized eyewear. Only glasses in the world that are optically correct so you have no eye fatigue plus the best clarity available and TONS of lens options.

Just my 2 cents.

IncredibleHuck
05-18-2011, 01:14 PM
60 I dont know so help

The more you spend the better the glass will be. Sport Chalet in Redlands has some good deals sometimes. I just picked up a pair of Anarchy Polarized for $60. They were 20% as they were the display model.

You can sometimes find good deals at www.backcountryoutlet.com

reservoir dog
05-18-2011, 02:16 PM
I found a brand on eBay which is similar to Oakley's style that is very economical and it worked! The brand is called X-Loop and the quality is decent for what you'll pay (my opinion). If you can afford it then get a pair of Oakleys which you can never go wrong with.

Sublime-Steve
05-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Maui Jim :-)

Which Way Out
05-18-2011, 06:06 PM
I ware glasses so I got the stupid looking flip up and down things. Believe it or not there pretty good. Got em last year from THE FLY Shop in Redding Calif. 1-800-669-3474. theflyshop.com Don't remember the price, something like 19.99

TUNAVIC
05-18-2011, 07:34 PM
To each there own,but the best pair I've ever owned were Hobie sightmasters,paid about $125.00 at fred hall show,and that was a few years ago,there much more now.

TheAsianGuy
05-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Hm..don't know about the polarized glasses..I wear Oakley brand for my field of work, and I'm always out and about in the deserts, toss in with snowboarding, ocean expeditions, and mountain trekking. Polarized lens is a waste of money. Seriously. If you want a proper good pair of glasses, buy a nice pair of glasses that has both UVA-UVB protection, AND that covers your entire eye socket areas to prevent upper light entry (unless you wear a hat all the time). Wearing polarized lens over long period of time will hurt you more than help you, since the polarized lens simply open your retina to be opened wider due to the minimal light allotment coming through the vertical pattern design for the glasses. Lens blocking 50% to 65% of the light is the perfect level for any environment. Oakley has the M-Frame series with good exchangeable lenses that will accommodate your needs. Go to the local Oakley stores to size your face to the lens first before buying online.

tacklejunkie
05-19-2011, 05:39 PM
These are where it's at.
Only glasses I like. I've had a few pairs now.
Money is not an option when it comes to protecting your eyes.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Oakley_Straight_Jacket_Sunglasses/descpage-OSJ.html

vanillagurilla
05-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Costa delmar if u got the paper, I'm rocking $20 berkleys froom wally world and havent found a better pair for under $60 yet.

DarkShadow
05-20-2011, 12:46 PM
You go cheap and it can be damaging to your eye sight.

Cheaper lenses use inferior plastics, which distort your line of sight. When this happens, your eye muscles are stressing to refocus constantly, which leads to headaches, blurred vision, and can even lead to permanent damage.

As I've said before, I can't count the number of times guys have $1200 bass combos, and spent $24 for their polarized glasses at the Walmart bin.

You have only one set of eyes. Think of a purchase of polarized glasses as a pretty wise investment.

Now, specifically, Oakley or nothing for me. I could go on about the quality of their lenses, but the brand speaks for itself.

TheAsianGuy
05-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Here here to that! My kids have glasses that worth at least $30 with proper UV protection. Young eyes are more susceptible to higher damages. Until they can keep their glasses in good conditions for longer usages, I'll give them better pairs. For adults, always protect your eyes now, or you'll be as blind as a bat when you're 50..if you're lucky to live that long :Wink:

i feed fish
05-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Hm..don't know about the polarized glasses..I wear Oakley brand for my field of work, and I'm always out and about in the deserts, toss in with snowboarding, ocean expeditions, and mountain trekking. Polarized lens is a waste of money. Seriously. If you want a proper good pair of glasses, buy a nice pair of glasses that has both UVA-UVB protection, AND that covers your entire eye socket areas to prevent upper light entry (unless you wear a hat all the time). Wearing polarized lens over long period of time will hurt you more than help you, since the polarized lens simply open your retina to be opened wider due to the minimal light allotment coming through the vertical pattern design for the glasses. Lens blocking 50% to 65% of the light is the perfect level for any environment. Oakley has the M-Frame series with good exchangeable lenses that will accommodate your needs. Go to the local Oakley stores to size your face to the lens first before buying online.

are you being serious? or did you just pull that out of your *****... I would love to see some evidence that polarized lenses are physically harmful to your eyes.

just fyi any lens that is not optically correct, which basically means any lens that is not made by oakley will be manufactured with distortion and clarity inhibiting lens pollutants and that is what is really bad for your eyes. Looking through lenses that are distorted is what will cause eye strain and fatigue.

Not to mention Cheap lenses DO NOT protect against all UV lights.

Oakleys lens material plutonite protects 100% against UVA, UVB and UVC light even their clear lenses!

TheAsianGuy
05-20-2011, 02:35 PM
I wish I pull that out of my rear end. I wear glasses since I was 10. Protecting my eyes, as well as my family due to near-sighted genes being passed down for the past down for the past 9 generations is crucial, with the UV increased for the past 3 decades. My eyes were stabled, and gotten worst because my eyes are sensitive to light, and wearing the so-called polarized and darker lens. I have 4 optometrists that I go to yearly for contact lenses, regular glasses, and sportwears advices. All confirmed the same degradation and dark/polarized lens wear. The so called "plutonite" is just another company gimmick. Unless there's a MSDS and EPA subjected study to the material used ("plutonite") and confirmed that in combination with polarized pattern protect your eyes for prolong wear, I'm in no way vouch for the company's commercial gimmick.

I can say that true high end lens from good companies like Oakley will protect your eyes from UVA, UVB, and UVC (a new concern), but to toss the more expensive polarized pattern to charge consumers for a company commercial gimmicks, I simply cannot promote such useless spending. Before I purchase any protective equipment, I research things very closely, both in the consumer's feedbacks and testing results from 3rd parties..not just by some words of mouth.

Just to let you know, i own a series of lens from Oakley, with proper sound judgment and reasoning before purchasing, from the clear white/yellow to the darker lens, ranging from doing repair works in my labs/garages to field works (mountain tops to desert lands) and sports (cycling, swimming, snowboarding, fishing, and underwater). Since I'm a four-eyes, trust me, I'm very very meticulous to my vision wears. Hope that clears things up.

are you being serious? or did you just pull that out of your *****... I would love to see some evidence that polarized lenses are physically harmful to your eyes.

just fyi any lens that is not optically correct, which basically means any lens that is not made by oakley will be manufactured with distortion and clarity inhibiting lens pollutants and that is what is really bad for your eyes. Looking through lenses that are distorted is what will cause eye strain and fatigue.

Not to mention Cheap lenses DO NOT protect against all UV lights.

Oakleys lens material plutonite protects 100% against UVA, UVB and UVC light even their clear lenses!

fish-o-haulic
05-20-2011, 03:33 PM
I wish I pull that out of my rear end. I wear glasses since I was 10. Protecting my eyes, as well as my family due to near-sighted genes being passed down for the past down for the past 9 generations is crucial, with the UV increased for the past 3 decades. My eyes were stabled, and gotten worst because my eyes are sensitive to light, and wearing the so-called polarized and darker lens. I have 4 optometrists that I go to yearly for contact lenses, regular glasses, and sportwears advices. All confirmed the same degradation and dark/polarized lens wear. The so called "plutonite" is just another company gimmick. Unless there's a MSDS and EPA subjected study to the material used ("plutonite") and confirmed that in combination with polarized pattern protect your eyes for prolong wear, I'm in no way vouch for the company's commercial gimmick.

I can say that true high end lens from good companies like Oakley will protect your eyes from UVA, UVB, and UVC (a new concern), but to toss the more expensive polarized pattern to charge consumers for a company commercial gimmicks, I simply cannot promote such useless spending. Before I purchase any protective equipment, I research things very closely, both in the consumer's feedbacks and testing results from 3rd parties..not just by some words of mouth.

Just to let you know, i own a series of lens from Oakley, with proper sound judgment and reasoning before purchasing, from the clear white/yellow to the darker lens, ranging from doing repair works in my labs/garages to field works (mountain tops to desert lands) and sports (cycling, swimming, snowboarding, fishing, and underwater). Since I'm a four-eyes, trust me, I'm very very meticulous to my vision wears. Hope that clears things up.

you sound smart enough to trust.

TimelessFSR
05-20-2011, 03:44 PM
From the American Optometric Association:

http://www.aoa.org/documents/SunglassShoppingGuide0810.pdf

"Sunglass Options

You don’t need a lot of sunglass extras. But, there are some extras that are worth the added protection.

Polarized Lenses

Polarized lenses effectively combat reflected glare. They can provide added comfort and better vision for those who do a lot of driving or boating. For certain sports such as golf, polarization has the potential to cause a loss of visual information that may reduce performance. Polarization may not be the best choice for all situations, and should not be used for certain activities such as piloting an airplane."

also

"Price is no gauge of UV protection or of lens quality. Studies have found that some higher-priced sunglasses have poor quality lenses or inadequate UV protection, while some relatively inexpensive sunglasses are quite good in both categories."

I just stick to my Oakley Flak Jacket's. I'm 38 and I don't wear eyeglasses...and I hope to keep it that way for as long as I can...

TheAsianGuy
05-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the vote of encouragement. But by no mean I'm smarter than any other. Just educated with plenty of book-smart, and still learning, reinforced with enough personal experience to rely upon. This is why I lean on to you guys for more information input to expand my knowledge, and filter out things that are concrete facts vs opinions. This is why I love to follow the posts of those who have true expertise knowledge, and you're one of the many fish-o-haulic. Not book smart, but personal wisdom and knowledge.

DarkShadow
05-20-2011, 03:48 PM
The interchangeable Oakley lenses are a god send, especially if you're very rough with your gear like I am, or have a 1 year old boxer that loves to eat anything in site.

With other glasses, you mess up the lens or frame, and you're out the entire pair.

With my Oakleys, if my boxer decides to digest a lens, I don't have to buy a completely new pair.

i feed fish
05-23-2011, 04:05 PM

So basically your are just speculating all of this? trust me plutonite lenses are not a gimmick. I think the fact oakley is the only sun glass manufacturer in the world to have ANSI certification should be proof enough to the qualit. Not sure if you are aware of this or not but you eyesight will more than likely degrade over time regardless of whether or not you wear sunglasses and I can assure you wearing oakley polarized lenses will not speed up the degradation of your eyesight. Wearing low quality lenses that are optically distorted could very well cause degradation and fatigue in your eyesight but thankfully that is not an issue with oakley lenses :EyePop:

fish-o-haulic
05-23-2011, 04:47 PM
So basically your are just speculating all of this? trust me plutonite lenses are not a gimmick. I think the fact oakley is the only sun glass manufacturer in the world to have ANSI certification should be proof enough to the qualit. Not sure if you are aware of this or not but you eyesight will more than likely degrade over time regardless of whether or not you wear sunglasses and I can assure you wearing oakley polarized lenses will not speed up the degradation of your eyesight. Wearing low quality lenses that are optically distorted could very well cause degradation and fatigue in your eyesight but thankfully that is not an issue with oakley lenses :EyePop:

not to start an argument but your taking this a little too seriuosly and personally arent you i feed fish.

heydaad
05-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Oakleys are great if you can afford them ... a good second choice is Costco brand Kirklands. $100 or $30, and my ophthalmologist says they are both adequate and safe. I've got both, if I might lose them easily I wear the Costco brand.

TheAsianGuy
05-24-2011, 06:15 AM
Nah..no speculation. This is definitely not an argument. This is an awesome debate. I love to welcome those who think I'm lost and required a knowledge whip lashing. Like I said before, I don't wear cheap glasses. I truly believe in proper pairs of protective eye glasses. I went as far as taking the so called polarized lens in the past to universities such as UCR and UCI to do photometry tests using available UV equipment in the physic labs when I was attending. The polarized lens were not more effective than the lesser expensive ones. Just making things a tad darker. The optometrists indicated that the darker the lens, the larger your retinas have to open to compensate for the darken filter. When the darken retina is continually being bombarded between sudden exposure to intense light and the darken lens, degradation increases. My near-sightedness was stabilized when I was in highschool. I used the Oakley's brand darken lens because my eyes were very sensitive to sunglight (and no..I'm not a vampire). The life long optometrists couldn't understand why the stabilized eye-sights kept on degrades so quickly until they correlate between the darken lens and eye-sight degradation after further studies. Once I switched from the darker lens to the lighter lens that has the UVs protection, the eye-sight stabilized again. Major correlation there :Wink:

fish-o-haulic
05-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Nah..no speculation. This is definitely not an argument. This is an awesome debate. I love to welcome those who think I'm lost and required a knowledge whip lashing. Like I said before, I don't wear cheap glasses. I truly believe in proper pairs of protective eye glasses. I went as far as taking the so called polarized lens in the past to universities such as UCR and UCI to do photometry tests using available UV equipment in the physic labs when I was attending. The polarized lens were not more effective than the lesser expensive ones. Just making things a tad darker. The optometrists indicated that the darker the lens, the larger your retinas have to open to compensate for the darken filter. When the darken retina is continually being bombarded between sudden exposure to intense light and the darken lens, degradation increases. My near-sightedness was stabilized when I was in highschool. I used the Oakley's brand darken lens because my eyes were very sensitive to sunglight (and no..I'm not a vampire). The life long optometrists couldn't understand why the stabilized eye-sights kept on degrades so quickly until they correlate between the darken lens and eye-sight degradation after further studies. Once I switched from the darker lens to the lighter lens that has the UVs protection, the eye-sight stabilized again. Major correlation there :Wink:

that makes since. its not really how cheap the glasses are but the glasses themselves. because your eyes would adjust to lower light, then to be quickly exposed to higher level of light. kinda like standing in a dark room then when you turn on the light abruptly. except in this case its like doing it several times.

TimelessFSR
05-24-2011, 09:53 AM
I went as far as taking the so called polarized lens in the past to universities such as UCR and UCI to do photometry tests using available UV equipment in the physic labs when I was attending. The polarized lens were not more effective than the lesser expensive ones. Just making things a tad darker.

Once I switched from the darker lens to the lighter lens that has the UVs protection, the eye-sight stabilized again. Major correlation there :Wink:

I don't think you understand the purpose of the polarized lenses. It's not meant to be more effective in reducing the UV that hits your eyes, but it's intended to reduce the glare off reflective surfaces. And I'm not sure what lenses you were using for testing, but inexpensive sunglasses that use a cheap process to polarize the lens can actually distort/blur your vision.

I believed you mentioned that you used the Oakley lenses in your field of work. From what I understand, the 'plutonite' gimmick is already incorporated in all of their lenses, in order to protect the users from UV rays and for impact protection.

Basically it's like this...I can use my Oakley XLJ Flak Jackets (which have the plutonite lenses) during fishing and know that my eyes are protected from UV light, however it's difficult to see underwater because of the glare. Then I immediately switch to my Oakley XLJ Half Jackets with the polarized plutonite lenses (non-hydrophobic :Razz:) and my eyes are still protected from the UV light, but now I can see the fish under the surface. Major correlation there too :Big Grin:

DarkShadow
05-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Anybody know if they make the Bootsy Collins glasses in polarized?

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Bootsy-Collins-a01.jpg

How about the Malcolm Xs?

http://www.jtf.org/america/jjj.malcolm.x.sunglasses.hat.200.jpg

TimelessFSR
05-24-2011, 10:40 AM
I haven't seen anyone even rockin the Oakley OVER THE TOP glasses on the water...guess cuz those aren't polarized either..

http://cohensfashionoptical.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/flava-flav-glasses-2.jpg?w=217&h=300

http://www.oakley.com/products/1238

DarkShadow
05-24-2011, 10:43 AM
http://www.funforever.net/wp-content/Oakley_Mesuda_Goggles_01.jpg

Bomb!

TimelessFSR
05-24-2011, 11:05 AM
http://www.funforever.net/wp-content/Oakley_Mesuda_Goggles_01.jpg

Bomb!

winner! Lol!

TheAsianGuy
05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Love those glasses..especially the full helmet goggle with the girl..not staring at the upper goggles though :LOL:

I do have a series of M-Frame exchangeable lens, with a balance of darkness to prevent me from squinting, but not enough to prevent my irises from overly expanding due to the darken filtration, with wide bream hat covering quite a bit of sunlight from above.

I fully understand the uses of the polarized lens. I used the old Oakley's and a few other polarized lens makers before the "plutonite" came into the market. Newer technology brings about newer design, and claims. Who knows what "plutonite" can do until it's put through a series of tests done by 3rd parties and show the public what it can and cannot do. The anti-glare patterns simply remove more of the lightwave spectrum, and increasing the bands of light responsible for the optimal clarity. However, being bombarded between full light spectrum and the filtered spectrum (if you're not wearing a hat or glasses that are not fully covering your eye sockets), your eyes will suffer in the long run. If you're an avid hat wearer that shield you from the lights being introduced from different angles, such as that girl in the photo, you're in good shape. However, we can't protect light from entering in different angles every moment we're wearing our glasses. So, the chance of full light spectrum hitting your eyes is quite high, unless you purchased a pair of glasses that pretty much house your entire eye socket like those odd looking spiderman glasses. :Rolls Eyes: But..I'm just speaking from my experiences.

I don't think you understand the purpose of the polarized lenses. It's not meant to be more effective in reducing the UV that hits your eyes, but it's intended to reduce the glare off reflective surfaces. And I'm not sure what lenses you were using for testing, but inexpensive sunglasses that use a cheap process to polarize the lens can actually distort/blur your vision.

KILLA
05-24-2011, 05:14 PM
60 I dont know so help

depending 0n how big your face is, I have a spare pair of oakley's i would be willing to sell. Slightly used but I think 50.00 is a fair price.

superbigfish
05-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Big 5 has a few nice polarized sunglasses on sale ranging from $20 to $50.

dfisher
05-25-2011, 12:33 AM
You go cheap and it can be damaging to your eye sight.

Cheaper lenses use inferior plastics, which distort your line of sight. When this happens, your eye muscles are stressing to refocus constantly, which leads to headaches, blurred vision, and can even lead to permanent damage.

As I've said before, I can't count the number of times guys have $1200 bass combos, and spent $24 for their polarized glasses at the Walmart bin.

You have only one set of eyes. Think of a purchase of polarized glasses as a pretty wise investment.

Now, specifically, Oakley or nothing for me. I could go on about the quality of their lenses, but the brand speaks for itself.

which oakley model do you use?

TheAsianGuy
05-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Find a model that best cover the entire eye socket, minimizing any light intrusion from any direction. The model will be based on how well it hugs and covers your face and eyes.

DarkShadow
05-25-2011, 10:44 PM
which oakley model do you use?

I picked up the Half Jackets the first year they came out it seems.

I have half a dozen of the lenses, from the regular lenses, to the larger XLJs, both in Polarized and non-Polarized tints. The high intensity yellows I love for dusk and dawn, and even for night driving. Put them on at 6 am and it looks like it's high noon. Then the clears when I'm playing baseball or at the shooting range. The polarized Fire Iridiums are a great polarized lens for gray sky, and the regular Ice Iridiums in polarized are great for bright light.

dfisher
05-26-2011, 03:41 AM
I picked up the Half Jackets the first year they came out it seems.

I have half a dozen of the lenses, from the regular lenses, to the larger XLJs, both in Polarized and non-Polarized tints. The high intensity yellows I love for dusk and dawn, and even for night driving. Put them on at 6 am and it looks like it's high noon. Then the clears when I'm playing baseball or at the shooting range. The polarized Fire Iridiums are a great polarized lens for gray sky, and the regular Ice Iridiums in polarized are great for bright light.

thanks for the info! I was going to buy cheap glasses but after reading this thread go big or go home...

TheAsianGuy
05-26-2011, 06:50 AM
..go big or go home... :LOL: More like Go bankrupt or die trying. Like DarkShadow, interchangeable lens are a God-sent. Just make sure the lens you're buying fit your purposes. He has similar series of lens type to mine. I have the Red, Blue, Yellow, clear, and a multipurpose 70% darken Black. Just make sure when you purchase the lens online, you don't accidentally get scammed into buy the Foakley brand (fake Oakley).

DarkShadow
05-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Just make sure when you purchase the lens online, you don't accidentally get scammed into buy the Foakley brand (fake Oakley).

I'd go as far as going into the Oakley store and trying them on, before making a purchase online. You're gonna be wearing these things on your head for long periods of time...last thing you need is to have them not fit right.

That will also give you the ability to "Custom" make your glasses (if you elect to go with the ones with interchangeable lenses). A lot of the Half Jackets I see that are sold outside of the Oakley store come with standard polarized lenses, on a limited amount of frames colors.

KID CREOLE
05-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Costa Del Mars, customer service is fantastic!

vanillagurilla
05-26-2011, 09:28 AM
With costas you can also get glass lenses, wayyyy beter than any poly lense and more scratch resistant. Forgot to add that for $225 its hard to beat the price for glass lenses, if you can find another manufacturer that makes them.

DarkShadow
05-26-2011, 09:44 AM
With costas you can also get glass lenses, wayyyy beter than any poly lense and more scratch resistant.

Yeah, having glass shards in my eye from a bait flying back at me is waaaaaaay better than having an impact resistant polycarbonate lens.

8-)

vanillagurilla
05-26-2011, 10:37 AM
glass wont break like that lol unless its a yo-yo iron but then your screwed anyway haha.

Lady Quagga
05-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Nothing more amusing than discussions in which facts and anecdotal evidence are given the same amount of weight - even more so when the discussion involves proper eyewear/eye safety.

Aaron Martens, Bob Villa, Prince Fielder, and Jeff Spicoli all wear different sorts of eyewear. (Okay, one of them is ficticious, but you get the idea.) For each person's time and place, the eyewear they choose fits their specific requirements. Not once would you expect them to trade - because their reasons/applications for choosing what they did are all different.

Sure, there will always be trade-offs, and no one expects you to drop 2 bills on a set of glasses which will sit in your drawer 364 days of the year. But compromising on lenses - whatever the use - merely to save money is foolish and pointless.

:My Two Cents:

DarkShadow
05-26-2011, 12:46 PM
..... Prince Fielder, and Jeff Spicoli all wear different sorts of eyewear.

Naw, even Jeff Spicoli wears Oakleys.

Frogskins, to be exact

;-)

AND, Prince Fielder?

Wears Radars

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/prince-fielder-4_16_11.jpg

From Stoners, to Baseball Players, Oakley has the gamut covered.

KID CREOLE
05-26-2011, 03:59 PM
With costas you can also get glass lenses, wayyyy beter than any poly lense and more scratch resistant. Forgot to add that for $225 its hard to beat the price for glass lenses, if you can find another manufacturer that makes them.

I recently purchased a pair on the web delivered for $85.00

DarkShadow
05-26-2011, 04:49 PM
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4898344/Anyone_hit_in_the_eye_wearing_

Friends don't let friends get glass.

TheAsianGuy
05-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Friends don't let friends get glass.

:LOL: Good campaign. Should also add in, "..and friends don't let friends walk away without an empty bank account."

cutbait
05-26-2011, 06:22 PM
This gets my vote on the most worthless thread in 2011

vanillagurilla
05-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Fishing isn't realy a sport where I'm concerned about stuff hitting me in the eye lol, I'm more concerned about the sun and seeing into the water.

Lady Quagga
05-27-2011, 04:15 PM
This gets my vote on the most worthless thread in 2011

Says the person who created this gem:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?57112-Whats-the-fastest-you-ve-ever-driven

Thanks a lot, Vin Diesel.

:Rolls Eyes:

cutbait
05-27-2011, 04:58 PM

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?57112-Whats-the-fastest-you-ve-ever-driven

Perhaps I could of phrased that a bit differently. Maybe it wasn't so much the thread as the 5 pages of douchebaggery, self grandising, and faux self importance that ensued

Lady Quagga
05-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Perhaps I could of phrased that a bit differently. Maybe it wasn't so much the thread as the 5 pages of douchebaggery, self grandising, and faux self importance that ensued

Fair enough, I'll give you that one. :Thumbs Up:

cutbait
05-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Fair enough, I'll give you that one. :Thumbs Up:

:Wink:.........

BabyKiller
05-27-2011, 05:33 PM
im jumping in here just o say that polarized is the way to go. significant advantages come up each trip. if you are on the fence, just buy em!

AngryAgent
05-27-2011, 09:52 PM

You have a mouth on you:Envious: I don't know if you can fish but I know that you sure as hell can debate! Subltety and hard nosed sarcasm seem to be in your quiver and I am enjoying it. More then anything though I see truth in your posts so far. If you can fish like you can talk..

Fat Tony
05-28-2011, 12:48 AM
I baught some polarized glasses from Walmart for 4 dollars and I had them for a while and they do the job but I'm broke.Just my 1 cent I don't have two pennies

evosamurai
05-28-2011, 09:04 AM
i bought the oakley fuel cell last summer, best pair of glasses ive ever owned. Go to a sunglass hut or whatever and ask if you can demo any polarized pair of glasses, they'll have you look at a picture on the wall with regular glasses and it looks the same, put on polarized and u see all the crazy colors its cool. Also oakley has strong frames and if you ever scratch a lens the can replace them