PDA

View Full Version : new tuber

CityLimits
05-17-2011, 09:21 PM
im new to tubing but i recently bought myself a pair of x-large tall hodgman pipestone waders, im 6'2" but these waders have about 2-3.5 inches of slack in the legs, is this alright? and i also have a question about hotspot fins, my pops got a pair of black hotspot fins a few years back, but im not sure if or how their suppose to fit, are my feet suppose to reach the end of the foot insert or am i suppose to have alittle space at the end? are they even the right size for my size 12 foot?

yakfu
05-18-2011, 02:36 AM
a little slack in the waders isn't bad. Most people prefer a little room for comfort...once you're in the water the waders will grab you like a glove. As far as fins, I suggest trying them on with the waders before buying...me personally I prefer adjustable straps so I can make them tighter or losser depending on how the waders fit. Good luck and good fishing.

TheAsianGuy
05-19-2011, 08:55 AM
If you're using tube, suggestion is to get yourself a good pair of US Diver fins. Those tuber's fins don't do justice. I have good pair of US Diver fins from my snorkling set ($60 at Costco), and man, I can move around like a mermaid..or is it merman?

IncredibleHuck
05-19-2011, 09:25 AM
im new to tubing but i recently bought myself a pair of x-large tall hodgman pipestone waders, im 6'2" but these waders have about 2-3.5 inches of slack in the legs, is this alright? and i also have a question about hotspot fins, my pops got a pair of black hotspot fins a few years back, but im not sure if or how their suppose to fit, are my feet suppose to reach the end of the foot insert or am i suppose to have alittle space at the end? are they even the right size for my size 12 foot?

The Slack is fine in the waders. A good test for the waders to make sure they are the right fit, is if you can squat down easily, and you can also bring up a foot easily, onto a chair.

As far as the fins go, what size are the hot spots. They area a good fin to use. I use Force fins now and they work great too. Fin's are just a matter of preference, what ever you feel comfortable out their using. I have used the diver fins in the past, and they were good, but they dried out in the sun and got brittle.

IMO Hot spots and Force fins are the way to go.

klocked
05-21-2011, 07:30 PM

Mine have space between my toes and the end, if they dont fall off while your using them, you should be ok.