PDA

View Full Version : The Pudd today 5/16/11

old pudd fisher
05-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Was there about three hours this morning and walked deep in to the west part of the sail boat cove with a very painfull knee from an old wound that acts up sometimes, but it was worth it. I caught my first Crappie ever and a few small gills with my fly rod. Small white jigs with a strike indicator is what worked today...I love that fly rod.

ghetto dad
05-16-2011, 09:51 PM
nice job OPF! Sucks about your "old wound" man.... :(

GD

Natural Lefty
05-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Sorry to hear your old wound was acting up, Pudd Fisher. I remember I thought about going back deep into Sail Cove a few years ago, but when I started to go, it soon seemed like a jungle which was hard to get through and hard to cast from. I wound up catching about 10 medium size Crappie on bobber and jigs (plus taught a couple of brothers how to do that) and 1 medium size Redear on worms if my memory serves me correctly. Congratulations on catching your first Crappie. Puddingstone usually has a good population of Crappie if you are interested in catching them, as I am.

Oban
05-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your leg. Congrats on the crappie! Was it decent sized?

I have yet to catch a Crappie, but there was a sickly baby one swimming around East shore.

I was at Pudd yesterday working my fly rod too. hit up south and east shore for a couple red ear.

old pudd fisher
05-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys, I like that cove but it is hard to shore fish from, lots of steep banks and vegatation. Maybe thats what made my old knee hurt. I actually used my long fly rod like a cane pole and just hung it over the brush to catch that fair sized Crappie.

Cartman
05-17-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm glad to hear you are out and about again despite the knee.