PDA

View Full Version : BBL - Everyone's catching, but I'm just fishingq

etaggart
05-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Skipped fishing on Sunday -to dang cold and windy.

Got on the water Monday morning about 7:30 at Boulder Bay. Windy and cold, but hoping Boulder Bay might provide enough shelter. Shore fishers didn't look like they were catching. I kicked around the park area then kicked up the east side. Had a couple taps, but no bites. Passed by a guy fishing from shore between houses and he had a nice stringer - landed one when I was there. He was sitting in his truck keeping warm, only getting out to land fish. I worked that area in the shallower parts, but nothing.

Stopped at about 10am to move toward the north shore by the big red house. A little less cold (sun peaked out) but still windy. I had a strong hit right off the bat, but was monkeying with the other rod and didn't lift the fly rod in time. That was my only action. Mainly stuck to the shallower areas along the north shore, but took a trip over to Garsten Island at one point. Guys fishing at the big red house were killing - easily ten fish caught while I was skunking around.

I assume with the cold front the best bet was floating powerbait from the bottom and letting cruisers come by and pick them up. No apparent interest in flies.

Stopped at about 1:30 - too cold and tired of fighting the wind.

Expecting a small storm Tuesday, but if it's clear I'll try again.

Cheers!!!

Eric

Cameron
05-16-2011, 02:51 PM
I just missed ya I swear I hit BB at 10 & left at 120 & never saw ya....Dont hate me but I needed a trout dinner so I went fishing & I got some fish,lol.
As for ur "small storm" its been updated expect between 3-6in of snow my friend.Have to post my pics here hate to see ur thread with no fish...
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy151/tina-cameron/000_0363.jpg

check ur pm's.

Kelster
05-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Nice fish Cameron. I'll be up there early Saturday morning, have to get there early to get a spot on the North side. Hope it is cold, rainy/snowy, freezing, that way I can catch my supper and get out before it's crowded. I'm gambling that the fish haven't moved much and I can still find them.
I've only fished from the shore there, what do I have to do to fish my float tube there? Inspections, fee, and such?

Thanks