PDA

View Full Version : Southern Cal 8/05 Non Stop Cuda

SOSO
08-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Went on the Southern Cal AM trip on 8/05. Got to the flats and it was non stop Cuda action. Captain had to move around to seek and destroy. Every stop produced Cudas. Truely a parking lot with so many boats. Alot of PB'ers got dangerously close to the Charter Boats. To close for comfort for the anglers. Few guys demonstrated by throwing there IRONS right next to the private boat. Glad no one got hurt. Other Charter boats got very close as well. Several of us got our Irons hooked up with the other boats Irons. I threw out hardbaits as usual hooked up on 8 and lost another 10+. Cudas were chewing threw my braided line!

Question, do Cuda's bite bait and lures head first or tail first? I used 4-5 inch hardbait lures. Lost them fighting Cudas on braided line.

k3vin_kim
08-07-2007, 04:32 PM
In my opinion, cuda's take bait anywhich way they can get it. I've got a blue and white jig that has bight marks all over it. You can't even it was a blue and white.

ghetto dad
08-07-2007, 05:17 PM
barracuda usually will attack a bait (jig) from the sides, thats why when you are jig fishing for them, you DONT SWING WHEN YOU GET BIT!!! you KEEP WINDING cuzz if they havent actaully taken it from the bottom of the jig, your straight grinding will allow the jig to slip threw its teeth and into its mouth......peace!!!

oh, and thanks for the report man....

synenergy52
08-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Im going this sunday I cant wait! Wheres this boat at? Ill be going out of MDR on Sunday.. wish me luck!

IslandBoi
08-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Nice job on the slim sticks :D The Southern Cal is a great boat

mcfadden fisher
08-08-2007, 09:56 AM
did u guys fish from the huntington flats

Beeracuda211
08-08-2007, 06:24 PM
BEERACUDAS LIKE BEER! LOL