PDA

View Full Version : Set out to get a PB, LOL don't we all..

Which Way Out
05-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Fart a**ed around the house till about 8:30 this morning and just couldn't not get in the water. I told myself get a PB Halibut if nothing else. Arrived at a good spot and tossed a experienced LC. Cast and cast and cast and caught 1 BSP. Changed over to a different LC and nothing. Thought about heading home and BBQ something when I remembered I told myself to get a PB HB. So I removed the LC I had on and tied on a new one.:Wink:
Was getting a lot grass and weeds before so I threw short into some slack water, two cranks and Bam, Hook up:Big Grin:. He didn't want to move for a moment after the first head shakes, just hunkered down. Worked em in and said to myself I wish The Team were here to see this. Didn't get to ware him out much before he hit the beach.
Snapped a few quick photos with my cell, not easy to do when the wind keeps blowing your measuring tape away and a wave surge to deal with. He was close to 24", real close. My PB is/was 23.5 but to close to say PB today.:Sad:
All in all a good day with a bonus SN on the walk back to my Jeep
1 BSP
1 Halibut
1 SN
All released :Smile:

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/BillsHalibut23.jpg
l
l
l__ _______
l/l. ,[___:Thumbs Up:],
l---l_ -=olllllllo_
()_) ()_)-~--)_)

bones
05-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Wow......Congrats to ya Bill !
Seems like I might have to start talking to myself in the surf more often :ROFL:

What the heck is it with you and Roy........Rabbits out of the hat I tell ya......Great job brotha!
Just goes to show you what patience and persistance will do for you sometimes !

ghetto dad
05-15-2011, 04:30 PM
very nice bro!!! i can NOT WAIT till i can get to the surf again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GD

Wingnut
05-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Another PB Bill?!? :Shocked:
At this rate you'll have a 50 inch Flattie by the end of the year... :Envious:
Great job buddy! :Big Grin:

Which Way Out
05-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Another PB Bill?!? :Shocked:
At this rate you'll have a 50 inch Flattie by the end of the year... :Envious:
Great job buddy! :Big Grin:

My PB is/was 23.5 but to close to say PB today

I am working on it.:ROFL:
Solo run today. I might of stayed out longer if a 5 foot+ Leo hadn't of freaked me out in shallow water.:Shocked:

Jaysuuun
05-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Nice looking hali. Not a PB, but at least you matched it. Thanks for the report

bsp
05-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Bill,
That new PB is just around the corner! If you pulled that out of poor conditions I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll catch when it really goes off. Congrats on a solid fish, and look forward to fishing with you soon.
Marc

exfactor
05-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Did you throw your new toys today Bill? Curious to see if the pointer will work or not. i like that color!

Which Way Out
05-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Wow......Congrats to ya Bill !
Seems like I might have to start talking to myself in the surf more often :ROFL:

What the heck is it with you and Roy........Rabbits out of the hat I tell ya......Great job brotha!
Just goes to show you what patience and persistance will do for you sometimes !

LOL Mike I talk to myself all the time. I get bored quickly and well no one else was around, even my wife was out of town all weekend.

Nice looking hali. Not a PB, but at least you matched it. Thanks for the report

Thanks J

Bill,
That new PB is just around the corner! If you pulled that out of poor conditions I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll catch when it really goes off. Congrats on a solid fish, and look forward to fishing with you soon.
Marc

Marc I can't wait for this water to warm up a little. Waders with sweat pants makes for some bad smells after a long day.:Shocked: Note to self, Make sure to air out waders before putting away.....:Embarrassed:

Did you throw your new toys today Bill? Curious to see if the pointer will work or not. i like that color!

Mikey PM sent. I did throw it but no luck on it yet. I think your right though, maybe when we see more bait around it will work.

klocked
05-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Nice job Bill! Look forward to fishing with you some time!
John

blackwater
05-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Very nice Bill, you will blow away that PB very soon. I just got the updated SWAT roster, congrats and welcome to the TEAM. Hope to fish with you soon. :Cool:

flyngby
05-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Bill,

Nice short solo mission!

Give yourself credit on the PB! :Applause:

As for running from the 5' Leo? I would have been sight casting and jerking the LC! :Beer Toast:

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/BleedingOliveHerring.jpg

exfactor
05-16-2011, 10:19 PM
yep, they give you your moneys worth when you hang em, a good strong pull, it tests your abilities. Thats where the stiff rod comes in handy BILL

Which Way Out
05-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Bill,

Nice short solo mission!

Give yourself credit on the PB! :Applause:

As for running from the 5' Leo? I would have been sight casting and jerking the LC! :Beer Toast:

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/BleedingOliveHerring.jpg

Steve I would like to say PB but it was to close to call, the season is still early and I faith somethings gonna surprise me.:Shocked:
I did a few fan cast out in the direction he went just to see what would happen, but nothing. If my wing man were there I would of stuck in there. I didn't mention I had waded out about 100+ yards from shore? There was hardly any slope to deal with as the tide receded. I was able to locate some prime spots to shoot at when the tide is up that could prove useful.:Wink:

yep, they give you your moneys worth when you hang em, a good strong pull, it tests your abilities. Thats where the stiff rod comes in handy BILL

Mikey when the cash is in my pocket I think I gonna go back and get that Teramar and drop the revo on it. That rod was real close to that Gloomis your talking about.$$$+$ Then take the Clarus and get a smaller reel for it.
I am all about testing. Roy and I did some the other day just switching rods and reels around along with baits of different weights, sizes and shapes. Now if only I could get paid to do that, Don't we all!!!!!!!!:Razz: