PDA

View Full Version : New guy needs help!!!!!!!!!!

HelicopterJohn
05-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey guys, John here.

I work at Melton International Tackle in Anaheim, and i have been looking at a couple hardbaits and im completely stumped. ive been fishing all of my life, but recently ive gotten into surf fishing. i see all these S.W.A.T. posts about halibut, and its driving me APE!!!! ok so heres the question....
we have Yo zuri crystal minnows at my shop, all in a range of sizes, mostly the trolling ones, going all the way dowqn to 3.5"
1) would these be good for halibut in the surf???
2) are they comparible to lucky craft 110's???
3) where is a good spot to find halibut, i live in GG, is there somewhere close that i can catch these guys?
) what kind of structure do i look for, especially targetting halibut.

ANY INFO WOULD BE AWESOME!
thanks for your time!

-John

Which Way Out
05-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey John I saw a lot of hits on your post but no comments. How about you guys throw down a few and I'll test em out for ya..........:Wink:
Shoot me a PM
Bill

murrieta angler
05-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Hey John I saw a lot of hits on your post but no comments. How about you guys throw down a few and I'll test em out for ya..........:Wink:
Shoot me a PM
Bill

That's too funny!

murrieta angler
05-15-2011, 05:56 PM
What's up Dude,
Yes they work.
Try different sizes in different types of surf.
You want o start off with the comparable to an LC110; 5/8 oz and dives about 1'-2'.
The only difference is the number of treble hooks. Yo has 2 while LC has 3.
Try the F10 in calmer waters and the F11 in rougher.
As far as spots?! Don't open that can of worms Bro...:Secret:
Try looking for trenches at the beach and cast in that direction.
Also try areas with kelp and rock formations.
Good Luck,
Robert
<><

ghetto dad
05-15-2011, 06:02 PM
What's up Dude,
Yes they work.
Try different sizes in different types of surf.
You want o start off with the comparable to an LC110; 5/8 oz and dives about 1'-2'.
The only difference is the number of treble hooks. Yo has 2 while LC has 3.
Try the F10 in calmer waters and the F11 in rougher.
As far as spots?! Don't open that can of worms Bro...:Secret:
Try looking for trenches at the beach and cast in that direction.
Also try areas with kelp and rock formations.
Good Luck,
Robert
<><

LOL!! yeah..im Triple OG on here and just now getting some info (which i appreciate very much)..lol

Good luck brother....go slay some fish..cant wait for the reports!!

GD

HelicopterJohn
05-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys. I went to anglers center in newport today, and used my madddd discount and bout a bunch of stuff! (Melton tackle owns anglers center!) I didn't get any LC's cuz they didn't have a pattern I wanted, but they had every LC you could think of!
Idk where to try, but I'm headin out tomorrow at the crack of dawn! I got a rapala look a like of the LC 100FM. Has a diving depth of about 3 foot max. Got it in the sardine pattern! Gonna try some big hammer w/ unibutter as well! Will for sure post results! Out.

John

ghetto dad
05-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys. I went to anglers center in newport today, and used my madddd discount and bout a bunch of stuff! (Melton tackle owns anglers center!) I didn't get any LC's cuz they didn't have a pattern I wanted, but they had every LC you could think of!
Idk where to try, but I'm headin out tomorrow at the crack of dawn! I got a rapala look a like of the LC 100FM. Has a diving depth of about 3 foot max. Got it in the sardine pattern! Gonna try some big hammer w/ unibutter as well! Will for sure post results! Out.

John

take some pics too bro!!!

GD