PDA

View Full Version : Pouring your own plastic baits.

Mestre909
05-13-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm looking into pouring my own plastic baits. I need to purchase my molds and all of that supplies. I did some research on google and saw robo worm molds as well as senko and creature molds. It seems I could save a great deal of money by doing this after the initial startup fees. Are any of you doing this already? Any tips or do any of you want to sell your molds?

carpanglerdude
05-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Hey,
I have poured my own plastics for a while now. It's not too hard, really rewarding, but it's pretty toxic smelling. Look up Tackleunderground forum for some awesome tutorials and ideas. Also, don't worry about buying molds. Just make your own out of plaster of Paris or durhams rock hard water putty. Super easy and cheap too! Pm me for more info.
Btw great seeing you at ford!

dfisher
05-15-2011, 01:49 AM
Do you pour your plastics outside? I don't see this very healthy if its in like a garage or something.

jerkbait
05-15-2011, 10:15 AM
don't waste your money on molds.I find the worms i like and do my own molds.I use bondo to make my molds but as the other post said there are other options.All i do is super glue the bait to a piece of cardboard and make walls around the bait and pour in your mold material(i put a small amount of cooking spray on the bait so no sticking)over the worm and let it harden.Also check out Larry Dahlbergs web site he makes some cool stuff.He has videos of how to do it too.Good luck