PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 5/12

eggot
05-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Took a trip to Pyramid with Laserbrn in hopes to get in some striper action. Met up at Gallions at 6 & got into the water by 7ish. Trolled around looking for the fish most of the morning, but it was hard trying to find the fish. After a round around the lake, we stopped at a spot in the main channel for only 1 missed bite. Picked up anchor and kept going. Kevin got 2 on the troll and me nada, it was starting to look like a meh day until we found a nice school somewhere near the dam. Held it down at this spot for over an hour or so doing the bait thing. Managed 4 on the flyline. School eventually moved and couldnt find another decent concentration of fish for the rest of the day. Lake conditions were nice in the morning, but the wind picked up in the afternoon. We coulda had a 10+ striper day but we missed quite a few strikes or they came unbuttoned.

On a side note, motor problems made for an interesting ride back to the dock. I realized trying to paddle with the oar is useless, LOL. Managed to get back before closing with the help of wind and the trolling motor. Just two pics, one of the lake in the morning and one of my cooler. Thanks again dude and I'll get you back on that lighter.

Count for the day:
me - 4 schoolies
laserbrn - 2 schoolies and 1 stubby catfish

dafishahman
05-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Good job pare! lol. good job in "putting work" in. You can also watch your lower elevation lakes like Castaic as a litmus test. When Castaic goes off you can bet a little after "the Mid" will go off too.

cutbait
05-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Whats with Pyramid and all the motor issues? Glad you made it back and got some nice mid fish

Philly_D
05-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Love the glassy water in the mornings. Cant wait to see the morning boils! Must be the striper ghosts messing with all the motors!

laserbrn
05-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks for rolling out. It's nice to finally meet some FNNers in real life. I took that boat straight to lakeside and dropped it off at the end of the day. Called on Friday and he said "I've run this motor for about 30 minutes and I adjusted the carb a little, but it's running fine". That's ALMOST bad news. I hate it when you take it to the mechanic and everything is fine.

I took it back up to Pyramid yesterday and it ran like a top. I've never had any trouble with it and it's always run strong and consistent so it was pretty odd, but all seems well now. I suspect it is related to the cut-off switch and I'm ordering a replacement today just to be safe.

Anyway, I had a good time fishing, the weather was nice and we caught some fish. The motor trouble was just a little added excitement for the afternoon.

Hitts0n
05-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Great catches out there ! Wait til the bigger units come out to play!! You wont need a motor,the stripers will drag you all over
the lake...lol Congrats and thanks for sharing !!

Philly_D
05-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Yup, same exact thing happen to me. It was a strange pyramid week...

fish-o-haulic
05-17-2011, 10:25 AM
pyramid does always have motor issues.