PDA

View Full Version : Ok...it's official...Ghetto Dad CAN catch fish on the LC!!!!!!! NP 5 13 2011!!!

ghetto dad
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Hey guys,

**IDK what the hell is wrong with my camera, its cutting pics off…bare with me, I pretty much remember the lengths of the fish that the pics were cut off**

Well, after attempting to throw the LC for a couple hours yesterday in raging surf, I was pretty frustrated. But after talking to a few peeps on here, I decided that I would again, throw the LC today, and again, at my spot. I didn’t want to give up on it yet.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC14259.jpg

Arrived at the spot at about 8 am, and saw conditions were MUCH better than yesterday. I found a nice trench, and made my first cast. Jerked and worked it back to the beach, for nothing. On about my 4th cast, I finally felt my FIRST BITE ever on the LC! Fish didn’t commit, but I knew I was in the zone. Made another cast, and worked the LC back, jerking the bait (no comments please, I couldn’t figure out another way to phrase that! LOL) back to shore. About half way back, I get SLAMMMED!!! I set the hook hard, and the fish was on. I KNEW this was not a dink!!! Fish pulled hard, and I could feel it has some weight. It even took me down shore a little bit, and after a great battle, I LANDED MY FIRST LC FISH!!!!!

FIRST PIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! 13 INCH FATTY!!!!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/NP%20WITH%20THE%20LC%205%2013%202011/SDC14247.jpg

Quickly released the fish, absolutely STOKED that I caught a fish on the LC!! Made a few more casts, missed a fish, made another cast, and got slammed again! FISH ON!!! After an EPIC battle, I landed this!

WTH???? LC IS AS BIG AS HE IS!! LOL!!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/NP%20WITH%20THE%20LC%205%2013%202011/SDC14248.jpg

Released the beast, made c ouple more casts, and again got slammed HARD on the jerk!!! I could tell this was another pig, and another battle ensued, until I finally landed another!!

SECOND PIG!!!! DAMN CAMERA!! 14 ½ INCHES!!!!!!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/NP%20WITH%20THE%20LC%205%2013%202011/SDC14249.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/NP%20WITH%20THE%20LC%205%2013%202011/SDC14250.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/NP%20WITH%20THE%20LC%205%2013%202011/SDC14252.jpg

OMG! Ok….I now am hooked on the LC!! Two fatties and a dink so far!!! WOO HOO!!!!
This area stopped biting, so I moved South to another trench. Made a few casts, and HOOOOOKKK UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, I could tell it was nice….after a nice battle, I landed this one!

THIRD PIGGG!!! 12 ½ INCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/NP%20WITH%20THE%20LC%205%2013%202011/SDC14253.jpg

Released, made another couple casts, again, got ram rodded!!!!!!!!!! Set the hook, FISH ON!!!

FOURTH PIGGGGG!!! ANOTHER 12 ½ INCH FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/NP%20WITH%20THE%20LC%205%2013%202011/SDC14254.jpg

Released, worked the area for a bit, and moved further South. Found a trench, made 4 casts, and again, FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another great battle!!

FIFTH PIG! 11 ¼ INCHES (DAMN CAMERA)
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/NP%20WITH%20THE%20LC%205%2013%202011/SDC14255.jpg

Made about 12 more casts in this area, missed two, and finally landed another nice fish!

SIXTH PIGGY! 10 ½ INCHES!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/NP%20WITH%20THE%20LC%205%2013%202011/SDC14256.jpg

SEVENTH PIGGY! 11 ¼ INCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/NP%20WITH%20THE%20LC%205%2013%202011/SDC14257.jpg

By now, the Angry Seas arrived, as well as the wind in my face, which made it hard to cast the LC. So I made a few more casts, hooked another dink, got it to shore, and it fell off…LOL….it was again, as big as the LC!

I decided to hit a couple more spots on the way home, but didn’t catch….wind in my face at both spots, so couldn’t really cast the LC. So I decided to call it a day.

FISH COUNT:
7 PIGS!!!
1 DINK!!

ALL ON LC!!

Now Im really hooked on the damn LC!! Next step, custom LC ROD hopefully, and a new reel. Fun times!!

** ALL FISH RELEASED!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE!!**

Until next time…………………

GD

ryryk
05-13-2011, 02:30 PM
AWESOME. My turn lol! Heck yeah dude good job!

ghetto dad
05-13-2011, 02:33 PM
AWESOME. My turn lol! Heck yeah dude good job!

thanks homie..hit me up on FB when you install chat on ure phone you no comp foo!! lol

GD

Wingnut
05-13-2011, 02:38 PM
I really hate to say this but, "I told you so..." :Big Smile:
A legal Halibut right around the corner for you... :Wink:
Cool custom LC color pattern Steve. No one has seen that pattern on the board until now. :LOL: :Secret:

ryryk
05-13-2011, 03:03 PM
thanks homie..hit me up on FB when you install chat on ure phone you no comp foo!! lol

GD

Why r u putting me on blast? Lol you don't know how pissed I am right now. Sitting in front of this computer all day, placing orders, customer issues. Ugh! Except I maybe hittin LB tonight with the lady.

Cangler
05-13-2011, 03:43 PM
You've sold out man , you used to be cool ...

$4 Crocs are just as good if you know how to work a lure ....

ghetto dad
05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
I really hate to say this but, "I told you so..." :Big Smile:
A legal Halibut right around the corner for you... :Wink:
Cool custom LC color pattern Steve. No one has seen that pattern on the board until now. :LOL: :Secret:

yeah..i got those spots i want to try..its just a matter or time....thanks for everything arthur!!

Why r u putting me on blast? Lol you don't know how pissed I am right now. Sitting in front of this computer all day, placing orders, customer issues. Ugh! Except I maybe hittin LB tonight with the lady.

LMFAO....pissed about what???? thanks man

You've sold out man , you used to be cool ...

$4 Crocs are just as good if you know how to work a lure ....

sorry man.... :( lol....thanks Cangler!

GD

Gmoney
05-13-2011, 04:36 PM
whoa nellie - nice feeeesh GD
i heard of some epic battles so it was enough to get me check back in here :)
nice post and as always....fun read. THANKS
hope all the fnn peeps are doing well
G$

ghetto dad
05-13-2011, 04:37 PM
glad i brought you back homie!!!!! lol

you get my reply on FB??

GD

Thisfool
05-13-2011, 04:55 PM
nice slay man really cool.

exfactor
05-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Gives new meaning to "pig" Now, you only count the ones over 12 Steve. Hope you get the biggun soon.

superbigfish
05-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Nice fishing Ghetto. Just curious, are you still a deckhand on the Pursuit?

ghetto dad
05-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Gives new meaning to "pig" Now, you only count the ones over 12 Steve. Hope you get the biggun soon.

lmao..i didnt see that in the "When do you call BSP pigs" book mikey..LOL....to me...anything over what DINKS i have been catching are pigs!! lol......

I am changing the rules...anything over 10 for NP the 12 rule for you guys up North!! lol!

thanks for everything Mikey..

GD

ghetto dad
05-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Nice fishing Ghetto. Just curious, are you still a deckhand on the Pursuit?

who is this?? pm me

GD

ghetto dad
05-13-2011, 06:00 PM

ok..got one 14 1/2 does that qualify??? lol

my bad..4 pigs..and three little pigs....

GD

tree
05-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Wahah! Good Job GD! way to go finally throwing the LC around!

I need to come fishing with you next time. I did hit up the beach on Newport that you told me to try out, and missed a couple biiiiiiig fish near the jetty rocks.

lets go fishin some time!

bernymachd3
05-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Nice job GD!! Can't wait to join ya!

Which Way Out
05-13-2011, 06:59 PM
GD good work again.:Thumbs Up: Its funny, you have been working the Perch and I have working the HB and now it seems to be switching around. Not that I had any big success with the HB's like you and the perch. But I am finding myself gearing more towards both. So far this year I've released 8 shorts and kept 2 legals along with a small handful of perch all released. I overlooked the perch in my quest to get halibut but with Mikey's and Perching Dave's help I might get the hang of both before summer is over.
Also told myself to release all my fish unless the wife wants one for dinner. Otherwise its gonna be C P R for now on.

Thanks for the report and now lets see a Flatly

ghetto dad
05-13-2011, 07:43 PM
nice slay man really cool.

thanks foo!

Wahah! Good Job GD! way to go finally throwing the LC around!

I need to come fishing with you next time. I did hit up the beach on Newport that you told me to try out, and missed a couple biiiiiiig fish near the jetty rocks.

lets go fishin some time!

its a possibility bro....thanks man!

Nice job GD!! Can't wait to join ya!

thanks BERNS!! yeah man....should be fun!

GD good work again.:Thumbs Up: Its funny, you have been working the Perch and I have working the HB and now it seems to be switching around. Not that I had any big success with the HB's like you and the perch. But I am finding myself gearing more towards both. So far this year I've released 8 shorts and kept 2 legals along with a small handful of perch all released. I overlooked the perch in my quest to get halibut but with Mikey's and Perching Dave's help I might get the hang of both before summer is over.
Also told myself to release all my fish unless the wife wants one for dinner. Otherwise its gonna be C P R for now on.

Thanks for the report and now lets see a Flatly

lol....damn...I JUST started throwing the LC yesterday!!!! give me at least a little time!! lol....

yeah CPR is the way to go....thanks man....great job on the butts!!

GD

klocked
05-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Look out!... GD's out for blood! :)

beaver825
05-13-2011, 08:36 PM
NIce catch man! can't beat that! Thats like a month for some people lol

smokehound
05-14-2011, 02:52 AM
You know what would be awesome? A variant of the sandworm that's bigger, like a senko-sized sandworm.

Good job on the slay. That was nice of Wingnut and Bones to show you a spot. And thank you for releasing these. So many people would be tempted to keep a few! Lol, and to think, people complain about this website.. :LOL:

LC's are worth the money!

Sublime-Steve
05-14-2011, 04:21 AM
Niiice fish.. i think ur camera is fine... but you might need a new SD card

Newfishsmell
05-14-2011, 05:58 AM
Nice Perch GD !
Looks like you hooked on LC's ...lol

DockRat
05-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Your report reminds me of Hogs Gone Wild.

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt360/vaino_2009/Snap052-3.jpg

DockRat
05-14-2011, 07:02 AM
Also; Congradulations on GETTING OFF THE CRACK !
UDA Man.
DR

tacklejunkie
05-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Well done GD.
Nice slabs.

ryryk
05-14-2011, 07:31 AM
LMFAO....pissed about what???? thanks man

GD
Pissed= jealous I guess haha.

ghetto dad
05-14-2011, 08:03 AM
You know what would be awesome? A variant of the sandworm that's bigger, like a senko-sized sandworm.

Good job on the slay. That was nice of Wingnut and Bones to show you a spot. And thank you for releasing these. So many people would be tempted to keep a few! Lol, and to think, people complain about this website.. :LOL:

LC's are worth the money!

lol.......they DID help me out a LOT with all this stuff...but the spot I fished is a spot i found....they didnt show me that one...lol...bones told me about spots that i REALLY want to try...i will very soon....especially now that i finally have confidence in the LC!!

Thank you everyone who has helped me with this stuff by the way! its appreciated!

GD

ldsaylor
05-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Sweet Man! That LC really produced some nice model perch for ya! Good job and thanks for the report.

murrieta angler
05-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Now were talking GD,
Those are some qualilty perch for the southern area.
Also, there are some 16"s down here, I saw a guy a few weeks back pull one to shore,
Nice report,
Robert
<><

jdietze
05-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Good going on those Pigs, GD. Just bought my first LC yesterday, after reading all the reports of Flatties (and Fattie BSP) from the SWAT crew on here. Tossed it around yesterday afternoon, but the wind and side current were killing the cast!
Switched over to the FH grubs and managed a few dinks before it was way past time to go!!

ghetto dad
05-14-2011, 12:53 PM
NIce catch man! can't beat that! Thats like a month for some people lol
LOL! Yeah..thanks man….

Niiice fish.. i think ur camera is fine... but you might need a new SD card

Thanks Steve..yeah idk….i know in the frame….the whole pic is there…then it cuts off..grrr..thanks man!

Nice Perch GD !
Looks like you hooked on LC's ...lol

Thanks bass master!!! Appreicate it…

Also; Congradulations on GETTING OFF THE CRACK !
UDA Man.
DR

Thanks DR..lmao at getting off the crack! I have a LONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG way to go till im “da man” when it comes to surf..but im Trying!!!

Well done GD.
Nice slabs.
Thanks TJ!!!

Sweet Man! That LC really produced some nice model perch for ya! Good job and thanks for the report.

I am a new LC Fan!! Thanks man!

Now were talking GD,
Those are some qualilty perch for the southern area.
Also, there are some 16"s down here, I saw a guy a few weeks back pull one to shore,
Nice report,
Robert
<><

Thanks Robert!! Much appreciated bro….

Good going on those Pigs, GD. Just bought my first LC yesterday, after reading all the reports of Flatties (and Fattie BSP) from the SWAT crew on here. Tossed it around yesterday afternoon, but the wind and side current were killing the cast!
Switched over to the FH grubs and managed a few dinks before it was way past time to go!!

Yeah…the wind sucks when ure throwing those…I had just a “slight” breeze in my face yesterday..it shortened my cast, and I got a few backlashes….grrr..lol That side current also SUCKS!!

WOW GUYS! I REALLY APPREICIATE ALL THE REPLIES..THEY ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

GD

murrieta angler
05-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Hey GD,
I don't know what size line you were using but thinner line will let you cast the LC further.
Also, on windy days, try using a 130, it's a 3/4 ounce LC.
Last, the longer the rod, the longer the cast.

Bet you can't wait to get back out there again...:Big Grin:

Robert
<><

DockRat
05-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey GD,
I don't know what size line you were using but thinner line will let you cast the LC further.
Robert
<><

Went with the 15 lb Spider Wire on the shimano spinner and am really impressed with the performance. The 15 is the same size diameter as 4 lb and seems to be heavier.
No more line twist either. Have 3' of 15 lb flourocarbon leader.

Last night at JCS KH the macs were nibbling the kroc but no hookups. Put on the 1 1/4"
Kastmaster and was suprised at how far it casts in the wind with the Braid.

I think I'm sold on light braid for spinners. No more changing the line every month or so and no more holding up the lure to get the constant spins out.

Something to consider. Cost $15 to spool it up.
Thanks Alex @ The Rusty Hook SP.
DR

ghetto dad
05-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Hey GD,

Bet you can't wait to get back out there again...:Big Grin:

Robert
<><

Thanks Robert..usually fishing the conventionals/baitcasters, imo, the lighter the line doesnt make too much of a diff...maybe a little....I know it does for spinners.....idk....lol I use 12 lb....

Yeah....I cant WAIT...i need to get my damn wader shoes maybe tomorrow so that when i can make it out again (situation "back to normal" at my house, so IDK when I can get out again :( ) i can use my new waders....I also would REALLY like to get a rod STRICLTY for the LC....eventually getting a new reel for it too..Im VERY TEMPTED to sell this 9 foot Phenix Inshore Assassin to purchase a custom LC rod....just need to decide on what model to get....i LOVE my phenix...but i need something 8 foot max, so I can put it "inside" my truck when I need to...

GD

flyngby
05-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Steve,

Sometimes peer pressure is not such a bad thing! I can look back a few years and remember casting that darn LC several thousand times for no action while standing side by side with some masters and wondering what I was doing wrong!

You now have the feel of working the LC! Keep working it and you will be in for a nicer "tug of war" when those of another species decide to come out and play!

Thanks for another nice report!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif
Baitfish!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/Baitfish.jpg

sidified
05-15-2011, 01:31 AM
Most excellent BSPs...They pull hard, eh? Especially that quality size..I've heard it rumored that LCs can catch other species as well...Probably just an urban myth started by you know who...

ghetto dad
05-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Steve,

Sometimes peer pressure is not such a bad thing! I can look back a few years and remember casting that darn LC several thousand times for no action while standing side by side with some masters and wondering what I was doing wrong!

You now have the feel of working the LC! Keep working it and you will be in for a nicer "tug of war" when those of another species decide to come out and play!

Thanks for another nice report!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif

Thanks Steve! Yeah....im tellin you guys....got my target on some flattys very soon! Even tho..that was FUN catching those fatty perch on a lure!!!! Thanks for all the peer pressure and help brother..lol
Baitfish!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/Baitfish.jpg

Most excellent BSPs...They pull hard, eh? Especially that quality size..I've heard it rumored that LCs can catch other species as well...Probably just an urban myth started by you know who...

yeah...i heard that rumor too...LOL....yeah they pulled good man....now i need some flattys!! thanks man

GD

jerryG
05-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Steve,
Glad to see you finally got onboard with throwing hard baits. When I started using them in the surf I was blown away by the results. One day about 8 years ago I was fishing the beach and the halibut were foaming jumping in air chasing bait everywhere. I had a good selection swim bait colors and sizes on me. I threw everyone I had at them. Not even a bump…I was frustrated but I refused to give up. I had some my freshwater bass baits in my backpack. I thought to my self I am probably wasting my time if these fish would not the swim bait then live bait was only way to catch them. I was desperate so I tied an Aurora Black LC.. First cast instant bent.. Second cast another one.. Threw out again slammed again.. I ended the day with 3 legals and well over a dozen shorts. Needless to say from that day forward I was sold on the LC.

I have tried some different setups and I agree that conventional/ bait casting rod 8’ or longer with a parabolic tip is the way to go. Sometimes I will use my Calcutta 200 but I prefer to use my Curados. I use an old green Bantam Curado 200 on an 8’ Shikari with a soft tip. I use 12 lbs line but 15 is good too. Been using flouro lately and I like the fact that it sinks. It seems to keep the lure down closer the bottom but mono works great. There was a period when I used braid but I lost a couple big fish in the surge that I felt I would landed if I was on mono due the stretch factor. If you do use braid I would recommend using a mono leader no shorter than 4’ to provide to give you at least a little bit of stretch and fish a little liter drag to try avoid ripping the hooks.

I tried a heavier action rod but it seems dampen the swimming action of the lure and when a (big) halibut does a violent head shake the hooks tear out. The heavier actions it’s just not forgiving enough to compensate for the head shake the weight of a heavy fish. Keep in mind these lures have thin wire hooks and if you put heavier hooks it kills the action of the lure. It’s all about finding the right balance. I tried casting BSPs (Marc’s) 8’ Phenix crank bait rod and that thing is sweet setup. Really nice I might have to pick up one of those blanks. Lots of options to consider..

JerryG

koifish
05-15-2011, 02:01 PM
GD
very nice job out there.

ghetto dad
05-15-2011, 05:11 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WTF HAPPENED TO MY PICS?????????????????????

gd

need another pic site guys...damn photobucket.....

GD

Which Way Out
05-15-2011, 05:19 PM

gd

I smell something fishy.

BTW I likely the new Avatar :Wink:

Newfishsmell
05-15-2011, 05:28 PM

gd

need another pic site guys...damn photobucket.....

GD

New pic site ... more like your own server GD ... lol :Big Grin:

ghetto dad
05-15-2011, 05:33 PM
New pic site ... more like your own server GD ... lol :Big Grin:

I just upgraded to "pro" and it only worked for that first pic...grrr...ill fix it...

GD

ok...fixed...damn it..that was a pain..lol....i think the pics are in right order...

Jaysuuun
05-15-2011, 09:19 PM
GD, nice lookin pigs and custom LC you got there. I still find it funny that the perch can be so aggressive to hit the hardbait.