PDA

View Full Version : Upper on 5/12

Thebake
05-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Hello all. First post for me. Had a quick trip to the lagoon and upper yesterday. I had my two youngest kids in tow (4 and 2) so was not sure how much fishing dad would get in. We stopped by the lagoon by the boat house so the kids could play for a bit then it was up to the west ramp so dad could make a few casts. Walked around to the first point made a few cast with the wacky senko and whamo, fish on. Landed my personal best. Of course I left the scale at home but I'm guessing pushing 10 lbs. Any guesses would be appreciated. LMB have been hitting great and just waiting for the striper bite.

eggot
05-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Nice fish. Shoulda taken another pic for better reference. Regardless that bass is bigger than anything ive pulled from that spot. Congrats on the pb.

sidified
05-13-2011, 01:44 PM
The way your post started out I figured no way you'd have more than a fun outing, being a great dad with your two tots,...Then the picture... what a hog!
I love it when dad's get rewarded for their efforts with that kind of trophy...

Thebake
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Haha, ya that's usually what happens but it was my turn. Sorry for the only pic. What I should have done is put my scale in my back back. Oh well. Live and learn. Funny thing is my 4 y/o daughter always want to hold them and be the one to release them. This came to the shore and she said "no way I'm holding that one dad". haha

SDDave
05-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the boards and that fish gets a official Roland Martin "SON"

Thebake
05-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks Dave but your profile pic just put a dent in my ego. haha.

Btbdodgers
05-13-2011, 11:20 PM
heckkk yeaaaa, NICE ONE!

Philly_D
05-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Will be taking my 4 year old daughter out on a boat fishing for her first time hopefully sometime next week. Ive taken her bluegil and trout fishing from shore a few times before, but this will be her first boat/striper trip.

Lake, Fish, kids, priceless. Especially with a bass like that! nice catch!

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-16-2011, 03:46 PM
nice quality fish, it'd be way wrong to speculate weight on that one without your body in it for scale...

Nice fat hog regardless of weight....toad fo' sho' !

next time try to get a pic while holding it...

NOT with the arms fully extended as so many do but not with the fish tight to your body either...

Slightly extended away from the body with the elbow bent should give proper depiction and scale to the fish..

either way...nice catch : )

Way ta roll !
congrats !
Gary