PDA

View Full Version : Bad day at Hansen

Jimmy310
05-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Well I finally hit Hansen (thanks Reservoir Dog) and it was a bad day for me.
I was off of work early on Wednesday so I hit up Hansen.
I brought my trout set up and the bass one as well.
Saw a bunch of fry and some other small fish around 4-6 inches. Looked like blue gill but not quite.
I threw some trout lures, Rooster Tails, Cast Masters, soft gigs, and even some Rapalas.
Skunk.
After 2 hours of working the shore I changed to the bass set up. First time trying the Robo-Worm (Pumpkinseed) 2nd cast got a hit. I was too excited so I did not set the hook.
After an hour or so I gave up and went back to try for trout.
I get a hit and my rod, a Bass Pro Shops Ultra Light snaps :mad: I still manage to get the lure back line in tact (2lb Izor) WTH!:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:
I did see one guy get 2 cats over by the wash over the 4 or so hours I was there.
I will return to Hansen as soon as I can.
It seem like no one else was catching either, at least while I was there.

reservoir dog
05-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Hey Jimmy, so you hit up Hansen...fish aren't easy there. I was there about a week ago and saw schools of trout swimming back and forth, had trout chasing my lures and even had one jump out of the water towards me but no bites. Next time you're there go over where the brush is growing out of the water (to the right of the lifeguard) and you'll see those infamous gold fish hanging around in that area, can't miss 'em. I also know someone who recently caught some catfish there so you might wanna try fishing for cats as well. Better luck next time!