PDA

View Full Version : Upper Lake update

SDDave
05-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Well things are starting to show up on the big lake, I was up there for the opening of the pen for trout fest at the main ramp last weekend, Ran Into Mike, he was there with his son helping out, while we talked I tossed the swim bait around the marina then went to the areas that usually hold the trout when they move out, never saw any big fish on the swimbait... but I had some followers that evening and last night on the ripbaits, I went back out and fished off some of the main lake points and found the striper again, I had two fish hit and come unbuttoned many followers and my friend also got short bit and had the same, followers.
These were the nicer grade schools in the 3 to 5 pound size, I'm going back tomorrow in the early am to see if there a little more hungry and will hit the bait in the am, also I'm going to troll some lead core and see if that will bring them up.
We setup on some schools we metered and dropped some fresh dines down for a hour for nodded, then finished off with the pattern from before and got more of the followers.
So the striper have moved up from the deep, so any time the rip bait bite could start... I'll post back after my re-con tomorrow...

GdHkSet1
05-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the 411, hey good luck out on the troll out there...

HBAR
05-12-2011, 10:28 PM
"HEY ARE YOU DAVE"? LOL
nice meeting you out there, one of the divers I guess found the stringer came up with two trout, gave one to Justin and to another kid. That was crazy there for a while though, I ran out of hooks waiting for my ebay order to come in, too bad it didn't get here today.

SDDave
05-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Lol, hey mike, that was a ton of people tossing bait every which way, nice talking to you, hope everything works out with your knee, ya I pulled a piece of yellow rope that got away from the divers and later when I was looking at it there was a little gold trout lure stuck on it.
Take care

Btbdodgers
05-13-2011, 12:04 AM
for sure they have been moving up. we caught 1 from 40 feet yesterday , evening time.

fishinone
05-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the recon Dave.

I've got to get up there and try them with a fly rod on the points.

sidified
05-13-2011, 01:22 PM
That is some very encouraging news, Dave....Sounds like it's time to take the cover off the ''Fishin' Musician'', charge the batteries, and hit it...

HBAR
05-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Lol, hey mike, that was a ton of people tossing bait every which way, nice talking to you, hope everything works out with your knee, ya I pulled a piece of yellow rope that got away from the divers and later when I was looking at it there was a little gold trout lure stuck on it.
Take care

Thats where it went HAHA, actually I wasn't that stupid to start tossin lures while everyone was there, although I should have gone back up and got my "plastics" rod